Threads detailing SERIOUS issue with Mavic Air FW v01.00.0400
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-20 08:47
You have to understand that certain persons here are not that much interested in solutions like you and I are. They also do not make any efforts in trying to provide solutions to others. All they seem to want is ranting...

My two MA's, one returned, who both exhibit 0400 issues described throughout this thread, would disagree with your assessment, and I have submitted tickets to DJI, that went no where, so coming here and making the statement you just made is flat out incorrect.

I have personally invested far too much time and money doing DJI's troubleshooting work, and I won't do it any further, as they have no interest in acting on the findings. Or perhaps they are, and as usual are not making any announcements about their actions publicly, and are taking their sweet time in responding with a fix.
2018-6-20
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

TZero Posted at 2018-6-20 08:54
I agree and I already did.
The only reply I received is to wait for them to get in touch. (1 week ago)

Honestly, I wouldn't hold my breathe for a response, as you might choke waiting for it... DJI is, sadly, very poor in customer communications and support in most situations, especially this one.
2018-6-20
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-20 09:04
Honestly, I wouldn't hold my breathe for a response, as you might choke waiting for it... DJI is, sadly, very poor in customer communications and support in most situations, especially this one.

I agree with you too.
2018-6-20
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

There is a saying that the worst thing that can happen to an employee who lacks a lot is the boss finding out that he was not needed.
I am practically without using my MA for absolute lack of confidence and pleasure.
I hope I do not forget where it's stored
2018-6-20
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

TZero Posted at 2018-6-20 11:12
There is a saying that the worst thing that can happen to an employee who lacks a lot is the boss finding out that he was not needed.
I am practically without using my MA for absolute lack of confidence and pleasure.
I hope I do not forget where it's stored

Keep your chin up mate!

Despite all the issues with the MA's current firmware, regardless if some people want to admit they exist or not, does not negate the fact the MA is actually a fantastic little drone!

When DJI finally gets their act together and releases the much needed FW update to correct all these issues, it will be a joy to take it up into the air again, presuming it won't want to dive bomb my head
2018-6-20
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-20 11:16
Keep your chin up mate!

Despite all the issues with the MA's current firmware, regardless if some people want to admit they exist or not, does not negate the fact the MA is actually a fantastic little drone!

2018-6-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-20 09:03
My two MA's, one returned, who both exhibit 0400 issues described throughout this thread, would disagree with your assessment, and I have submitted tickets to DJI, that went no where, so coming here and making the statement you just made is flat out incorrect.

I have personally invested far too much time and money doing DJI's troubleshooting work, and I won't do it any further, as they have no interest in acting on the findings. Or perhaps they are, and as usual are not making any announcements about their actions publicly, and are taking their sweet time in responding with a fix.

You know it’s very easy to see through people. You claim you had a sever problem with MavAir but the most amazing thing about that is this. In order to initiate this second Phantom Mavic Air, it would have shown up on your avatar, but we never seen it, it’s anothe way to create hysteria, we can all see how your Zenmuse Mobile appeared on your avartar but somehow your second MavAir is missing, this is clearly an attempt by you to bolster your case for ranting or maybe you might explain to other users how you managed to fly a second aircraft without initiating it.
Truth is you are here without exception to create hysteria, you show no other side only your own, with no consideration for any other users, you have evidently been disingenuous with your posts and those who have seen your logs know you have absolutely no problem flying, apart from the fact that you have shown very little knowledge of flying.

New firmware may get you out of a hole , but it’s clear to me you are just scaremongering.
And your argument holds very little water simply because you could not be honest preferring to spread you constant waffle and now untruths to satisfied your own ego .
2018-6-20
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-20 11:16
Keep your chin up mate!

When DJI finally gets their act together and releases the much needed FW update to correct all these issues

In regards to finally, as of tomorrow it will have been 7-weeks since release.  Just say'n.

As for ''correct all these issues'', I would not bet the bank on that one.  
2018-6-20
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-20 14:44
You know it’s very easy to see through people. You claim you had a sever problem with MavAir but the most amazing thing about that is this. In order to initiate this second Phantom Mavic Air, it would have shown up on your avatar, but we never seen it, it’s anothe way to create hysteria, we can all see how your Zenmuse Mobile appeared on your avartar but somehow your second MavAir is missing, this is clearly an attempt by you to bolster your case for ranting or maybe you might explain to other users how you managed to fly a second aircraft without initiating it.
Truth is you are here without exception to create hysteria, you show no other side only your own, with no consideration for any other users, you have evidently been disingenuous with your posts and those who have seen your logs know you have absolutely no problem flying, apart from the fact that you have shown very little knowledge of flying.

See thru people? I see... Well here's what I see about you, you're nothing but a troll, and you've come to he end of the rope with me.

Did it not occur to you that this forum software only displays activation icons for different models of aircraft and not the same aircraft icon multiple times if the pilot has activated more than one of the same model? And you use this to blatantly call me a liar and a scaremonger?

I've had enough of your BS pal. You've now painted a VERY clear picture of who and what you are, and you crossed the line with me by trying to call me a scaremonger and liar. The fact you can take crap this far with someone who is having legitimate product issues, all in defence of DJI, speaks VOLUMES about you. You can p__s off for all I care, and you are the LAST person on this forum I need to justify anything to.

I now see your back-and-forth you had with @asaw a while ago was the same BS, but I won't stand for being called a liar or trying to drum up hysteria.

You can bluntly get lost for all I care now, I'm done with you. I do NOT take kindly to being called the things you've referenced, so you'll note I no longer give a hoot about you or your comments.

Oh, and BTW, please consider yourself on notice that I've reported your comments, and any further slanderous commentary about me, or attempts to continue hijacking this thread, will result in further reports.
2018-6-20
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-20 15:53
When DJI finally gets their act together and releases the much needed FW update to correct all these issues

In regards to finally, as of tomorrow it will have been 7-weeks since release.  Just say'n.

Yeah, you're probably right, that is wishful thinking on my part...

Let me rephrase: When DJI finally gets their act together and releases the much needed FW update to correct the most serious of these issues...

Is that still too much wishfulness?
2018-6-20
Use props
Gazoo
lvl.3
Canada

Lets please keep this thread and this forum on a professional basis.

If you take issue with a poster on here please take it to a private PM (or better yet just ignore them....silence can be very powerful at times). Many of us here are looking for help and guidance or just enjoy reading threads viewing pictures videos etc and to have a thread like this turn into a childish back and forth helps no one and turns off and away alot of people.

I to at one point was very discouraged with my MA and DJI but at this point and time I am very happy with DJI for taking care of my dust behind the lens issue (they sent me a whole new bundle and turn around time was under 2 weeks with no questions asked) and I am also happy with the help I received from this forum for my drifting/unstable issue which up till now seems to have solved the problem.

Thanks to all who have helped me I greatly appreciate it.
2018-6-20
Use props
Gazoo
lvl.3
Canada

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-20 16:47
Yeah, you're probably right, that is wishful thinking on my part...

Let me rephrase: When DJI finally gets their act together and releases the much needed FW update to correct the most serious of these issues...

My exact thoughts as well.
Thank you.
Sorry this was meant as a reply to Aardvark from page 7 not sure what happened there lol.
2018-6-20
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

Gazoo Posted at 2018-6-20 18:12
Lets please keep this thread and this forum on a professional basis.

If you take issue with a poster on here please take it to a private PM (or better yet just ignore them....silence can be very powerful at times). Many of us here are looking for help and guidance or just enjoy reading threads viewing pictures videos etc and to have a thread like this turn into a childish back and forth helps no one and turns off and away alot of people.

Hi Gazoo,

I'm glad to hear at least your MA has had its issues fixed, and that you are once again enjoying it!

Unfortunately for the issue with hallmark007, he crossed the line, and calling someone a liar in public demands a response, as that kind of slanderous libel cannot be allowed to go unchallenged. Whilst I agree silence is an asset, some situations demands a response.

Hopefully he got the message loud and clear that calling others liars and scaremongers is unacceptable, especially when there is no truth to the accusation.
2018-6-20
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 294997 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-20 14:44
You know it’s very easy to see through people. You claim you had a sever problem with MavAir but the most amazing thing about that is this. In order to initiate this second Phantom Mavic Air, it would have shown up on your avatar, but we never seen it, it’s anothe way to create hysteria, we can all see how your Zenmuse Mobile appeared on your avartar but somehow your second MavAir is missing, this is clearly an attempt by you to bolster your case for ranting or maybe you might explain to other users how you managed to fly a second aircraft without initiating it.
Truth is you are here without exception to create hysteria, you show no other side only your own, with no consideration for any other users, you have evidently been disingenuous with your posts and those who have seen your logs know you have absolutely no problem flying, apart from the fact that you have shown very little knowledge of flying.

I have had and activated 3ea P4P 2.0’s over the last 3 weeks.  Only one shows up on under my avatar.
2018-6-20
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

Gazoo Posted at 2018-6-20 18:18
My exact thoughts as well.
Thank you.
Sorry this was meant as a reply to Aardvark from page 7 not sure what happened there lol.

No worries
2018-6-20
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello all,

Found a bug! So I was flying in 90-95 degree weather with 14 mph wind gusts. Battery temperature was above 50 degrees celsius. Had full GPS connection of 19 satellites.  As I was taking a timelapse, the drone would slowly over the course of 5-10 minutes rotate to about 15 degrees left. I am not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, I checked and the whole aircraft moved rather than the gimbal. Not entirely sure what happened, I will try to replicate the bug if I can and will report back if I find consistency with this bug.

Alpha
2018-6-20
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 2018-6-20 21:31
Hello all,

Found a bug! So I was flying in 90-95 degree weather with 14 mph wind gusts. Battery temperature was above 50 degrees celsius. Had full GPS connection of 19 satellites.  As I was taking a timelapse, the drone would slowly over the course of 5-10 minutes rotate to about 15 degrees left. I am not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, I checked and the whole aircraft moved rather than the gimbal. Not entirely sure what happened, I will try to replicate the bug if I can and will report back if I find consistency with this bug.

Hi @AlphaFlightNW,

That sounds like what I've been experiencing with my MA, and could the yaw / roll glitch reported by many others...

Hope DJI fixes this mess soon!
2018-6-21
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
United States

Hello all,

Yep,

You have the bug that many of us have.  More and more reports every day.

I highly suggest you make a support case even though DJI already knows about this whether they will admit it or not just to add your name and drone to the list.
2018-6-21
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-6 09:51
Hi 3-D,

Yes, that's exactly the same thing with me... When time is money, and also being in the IT industry, I have no patience for that sort of thing, and I catch on to scripted / canned responses quickly, because again, I'm in the industry and recognize standard responses.

Edison - don't give up...it appears that you do have a skill / knowledge that is useful here in these forums- and the forums desperately needs representation from people (for their own issues and helping others) with competence in the areas relating to the subject matter we are dealing with here.

I've only read through the first couple pages of this thread but one thing so far I can say is this (and trust me I've a lot to say/add/contribute as I am experiencing tremendous pain wrt dealing with DJI on my own case!) :  I can see a great deal of valid information from you, but also from some of the 'Captains' such as Hallmark specifically.  Some of my own posts in these forums have been pounced upon by people that do not understand the service issues with DJI that many of us are experiencing; and having 'been here a long time" as well, I can honestly say there is plenty of objective evidence that there are some serious issues internally within DJI wrt their warranty / service strategy.  I'll likely go into that in detail later , when I've got some time.  I will say that the vast majority of the DJI Forum admins (at least the veteran ones as I don't yet have much first-hand exposure to all the new ones of the last several months) are very responsive and try to help as much as possible...and Hallmark is correct that you do often get 'the personal touch' when you do a PM.  My biggest grip is that so little info is shared with consumers.  You almost never get any admission of any problem---even if a specific issue has a thousand people crying the same issue it seems like DJI's responses are more or less "that's odd- we'll let our engineers know".  .  I respect GOPro when they did a voluntary recall when with their battery issue as it would seem that DJI has and still has many 'recall-worthy' issues but chose to not address them -or at least admit to issues, or very selectively to not expose themselves too much.  I'll stop here to avoid getting too negative .  All-in all a 'great product' since no one has even close, but from a service and honesty perspective not what you'd expect from a US/NA/European standard.  My opinion is that DJI has a serious mounting trust issue with it's users.

While I can't speak for Hallmark - he appears to genuinely want to help and contribute and he does so respectfully  There are many others in these forums that objectively appear to be "DJI Supporters".  I see many similarities between what is being posted here (and many other threads) and what I've personally experienced with DJI.  I've actually had Hallmark chime-in on some of my posts (that have and could easily be targeted by users that don't fully appreciate the issues), and he's been respectful and generally helpful.

I too have a lot to give/give back to the DJI community and try my best to balance that with my own personal service issues with DJI.

I'll probably chime in later with some of my own facts and observations (find it hard to resist) that support the gist of this thread
2018-6-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Hello all,

While it may be a bug, it also sounds like you might have a problem with RC calibration, either a bad calibration or your RC needs calibrating, I read all the time here about some calibrating, but how is calibrating done, it’s no use doing a calibration with iPad mini attached to RC then go out and fly with another device.
RC calibration should always be done with device attached that is going to be used to fly, and just like other calibrations it should be done with no other interference around. There are magnets attached to your RC and these can be influenced by any magnetic interference and 15 degrees is quite possible with interference.
Another possible problem is wind and the general propulsion in your aircraft IMU trying to keep an exact position without any movement for 10 minutes, time lapse with a drone is not as simple as it might seem, it’s far easier to complete a hyper lapse by controlling the heading of your drone in something like tripod mode or tap fly.
If you want to test influence of magnetic objects on RC sticks, just open up RC value settings just get a small magnet and wave it over your RC and you will see it’s very easy to move sticks without touching them.
I’m not saying it’s not a bug but it’s a very simple exercise to calibrate properly your RC, to eliminate this possibility, but will only work if carried out correctly as I’ve said above.
2018-6-21
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-21 13:07
While it may be a bug, it also sounds like you might have a problem with RC calibration, either a bad calibration or your RC needs calibrating, I read all the time here about some calibrating, but how is calibrating done, it’s no use doing a calibration with iPad mini attached to RC then go out and fly with another device.
RC calibration should always be done with device attached that is going to be used to fly, and just like other calibrations it should be done with no other interference around. There are magnets attached to your RC and these can be influenced by any magnetic interference and 15 degrees is quite possible with interference.
Another possible problem is wind and the general propulsion in your aircraft IMU trying to keep an exact position without any movement for 10 minutes, time lapse with a drone is not as simple as it might seem, it’s far easier to complete a hyper lapse by controlling the heading of your drone in something like tripod mode or tap fly.

OMG, are you for real??

RC calibration data for the control sticks is stored on the RC itself in internal memory, not on the device attached to it performing the calibration via DJI GO 4! You can calibrate it with an iPad, and then attach a Galaxy S9 and go flying with it, and the calibration will be identical.

And who is spreading hysteria now? You would need a VERY powerful magnet, in near direct contact with the RC's body to affect the response of the control sticks. Their calibration cannot be affected by ambient EM fields or magnetic sources to the level you are implying in your post.

@randy.sauder made some decent points, but with a post like this, you blow your credibility and knowledge right out the window!

I seriously hope no one listens to advice like this from you!
2018-6-21
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-21 18:18
OMG, are you for real??

RC calibration data for the control sticks is stored on the RC itself in internal memory, not on the device attached to it performing the calibration via DJI GO 4! You can calibrate it with an iPad, and then attach a Galaxy S9 and go flying with it, and the calibration will be identical.

You would need a VERY powerful magnet, in near direct contact with the RC's body to affect the response of the control sticks.

Agree with that.  Because I put it to the test.
Using one of iOS magnetic field strength apps, I measured:

iPhone X - 67 microTesla (measured sitting on display)
CrystalSky - 60 microTesla (measured sitting on display)
Mavic Pro R.C. - 89 microTesla (measured sitting between Joysticks)
Mavic Pro R.C. - 100-250 microTesla (measured from back below Joysticks)
Magnet** - 153 to 258 microTesla (measured 3" away from magnet)   ** Magnet salvaged from small hard drive, powerful enough it is very hard to get off of steel.

Putting Magnet near Joysticks had no effect.  Putting Magnet on backside of R.C. moved dots on calibration menu, about 1/3rd to 1/2 way from center to outside box.

Knowing a few have dismissed using such an app.  I took testing to next logical step.

Moved iPhone 5s all around R.C., including touching back of R.C. - dots on calibration menu did not move.
Then tried iPhone X, moving it all around R.C., including putting it in contact with back of R.C. - dots on calibration menu did not move.

Summary, unless device being used with R.C. has a builtin very powerful magnet, which would kill any built-in compass feature, magnetic fields of devices are to insignificant to effect R.C.'s Joystick calibrations.

EDIT: You can easily test next logical step for yourself.  

Start GO-4, go into R.C. menu, go to Calibration.  Then move a powered on Smardevice that you would run GO-4 on (Tablet, iPad, Android Phone, or iPhone) around R.C.; while watching Joystick dots.  

If you find a Smartdevice that will move Joystick dots, please post Make & Model of device.

2018-6-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

OMG, are you for real??

RC calibration data for the control sticks is stored on the RC itself in internal memory, not on the device attached to it performing the calibration via DJI GO 4! You can calibrate it with an iPad, and then attach a Galaxy S9 and go flying with it, and the calibration will be identical.

Again both yourself and your friend , he who knows all , is always testing, only testing we don’t ever see so take a look here and you might realize that everything your told , might not be tested as your been told.

2018-6-21
Use props
PatrickM923
lvl.2

Greetings...

I'm new to the Forum, but have been flying the MA since a week or two after it became available for purchase.

I grounded my MA soon after the latest firmware update was released. I grounded it when I got the messages about the propellers and motors, etc., and some wonky flying characteristics, such as drifting.   

I have another, older drone, and I have been flying that for the last six weeks or so, but I sure do miss the MA. I flew the MA just about every day until the firmware update made flying it seem risky at best.  Hoping a firmware fix update is released sometime soon.  It seems like my MA has been grounded for a long time.
2018-6-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

OMG, are you for real??

RC calibration data for the control sticks is stored on the RC itself in internal memory, not on the device attached to it performing the calibration via DJI GO 4! You can calibrate it with an iPad, and then attach a Galaxy S9 and go flying with it, and the calibration will be identical.

It’s kind of typical of those who know everything , to use their opening line to insult, but before you insult check, while these aircraft have much technology, they also have many mechanical parts.
2018-6-21
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-21 21:58
Again both yourself and your friend , he who knows all , is always testing, only testing we don’t ever see so take a look here and you might realize that everything your told , might not be tested as your been told.

https://youtu.be/0h_lVR_gKMU

So basically, here you are, proving MY point, and DISPROVING yours, that it takes a SIGNIFICANT, close-proximity magnetic field from something like powerful magnets to impact the RC, and not anything like the device you may be using along with the RC...

You really have no clue what you’re talking about...
2018-6-21
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-21 22:23
So basically, here you are, proving MY point, and DISPROVING yours, that it takes a SIGNIFICANT, close-proximity magnetic field from something like powerful magnets to impact the RC, and not anything like the device you may be using along with the RC...

Irony here is if people watch video, it backs up what you and I have been saying.

Absolute proof being - both magnets had No effect, until large magnets were brought within 2 inches of Remote Control.

When both magnets were away from remote controller by several inches or more, (you can hear guy clicking magnets together outside camera range), there was absolutely No effect.

2018-6-21
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Based on video "Induced Magnetism Mavic Remote Controller", my testing using cellphones around and against R.C, and known science of magnetic field strength based on distance from magnetic source, the following stands.

Unless device being used with R.C. has a builtin very powerful magnet, which would kill any built-in compass feature, magnetic fields of devices are to insignificant to effect R.C.'s Joystick calibrations.
2018-6-21
Use props
Scoobywrx05
lvl.2
Flight distance : 917844 ft
United States

I leave here for awhile and come back and see you guys are still bickering. Hallmark007, take a hike you troll. Nobody gives a rats a$$ about any word that comes out of your mouth. If you do not have anything productive to add to this thread do not post in it. We, as a group that are having issues with our Mavic Air s, are trying to compile a list of what the issues are and how to go about them. If you do not have a issue with your Mavic Air, do not post in here. I will be waiting for your reply because I know it is impossible for you to not keep you mouth closed on an issue that isn’t affecting you.
2018-6-21
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-7 21:04
@hallmark007,

Review my response above to @Brantel... DJI drones share a common codebase in their firmwares, and also share the same API's in order to function with DJI GO 4. So it's perfectly reasonable to predict that a change made to the primary codebase will cause issues for more than one drone, which in this case it appears to have happened.

Edison: I'm a Mavic Pro user and your take on the video transmission issue/lag and relationship to the coding of the App is bang on 100% correct.  I believe this was in post #174.  I have a ton of data that I've been working on having had a major flight incident cause by this issue (lost Mavic b/c of this).

As for the Mavic Pro, Go4 v4.1.8 upto but not including 4.1.10 seemed to NOT have this issue. I normally had PERFECT flights using these older versions.   It became an intermittent issue with 4.1.10 and serious imo.  Then in mid Nov 2017, DJI released G04 v 4.1.15 ....and it was TOTALLY DEFECTIVE IN THIS REGARD.   I have numerous flight logs showing all sorts of weird things as well.

DJI did something majorly wrong around Go4.1.15 to their codebase.  Sounds like this same issue has been a problem on the MA.   There is some issue with as you say, related to the Aircraft signal/interference thing.  I am certain that THERE IS ZERO INTERFERENCE going on as I've several times had this video trans/lag issue suddenly appear when I am in areas that don't have any competing RF noise and in wide - open areas.  

Approximately 2 weeks after DJI released 4.1.15 (Android) it was removed from circulation and replaced with 4.1.18; same issues.  It appears they know about this problem but don't acknowledge it.  I'm leaving out lots of info here as it is late.  I am so glad someone else here sees this issue.

I also understand why you opened this thread with your list of sources....it is incredibly frustrating to try to use the forum's 'search' function.  It's useless and should not be this way.  IMO this is done on purpose to not allow users to collect info on issues; it also appears that some threads suspiciously get moved or handled in such a way that looks like a purposeful attempt to hush certain threads; of course nothing's 'deleted' but the way some topics are manipulated and the way the search feature is crippled, they might as well be.

I'll quickly say also that Hallmark's advice is very good.  I've also been around these woods for at least a  few years and I can concur with what he's been saying wrt DJI's lack of communication and don't hold your breath with software updates to fix things (eg. if you have the opportunity to take advantage of warranty, do so....as their updates are likely to not fix, take too long or introduce many more errors).  Edison is correct - everyone should speak up on these issues and not take them sitting down and push for change.  And of course do so with respect to everyone.  
2018-6-21
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

The assumptions are increasingly incredible.
I found that all problems with my MA had occurred after upgrading the firmware to the 0.400
I now see that the problems are the lack of isolation of the hardware for magnetism and / or possible Alzheimer's or Parkinson's in the users
This is looking like a cat's litter box.
The more you move, the more s**t you find.

2018-6-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-21 22:23

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=96460&fromuid=260008

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=95194&pid=788937&fromuid=260008
Check out two links above.
We again have tweedledee and tweedledum joining up together and Scooby-Doo not far behind, with the same old diatribe.

I have left above links to possible problems caused by interference in RC and why where you are flying is so important and the effect that it can have on interference on your RC is easily explained.
The magnets used were just simple ceramic magnets that you use to post notes to your fridge, not as tweedledum would have you believe there are large magnets, because they simply are not, and further goes to show his own test is just a figment of his own imagination.

They have completely ignored and tried to play down anyone’s success who have mechanically through simple calibration and firmware refresh managed to get there problems sorted , by continually posting that their problems are likely to return. Total rubbish.

A simple problem like Yaw, how is yaw controlled in your Aircraft ? Well it’s best to think about it logically, we control Yaw movements by mechanically moving our control stick to Yaw the aircraft, involuntary Yaw move most common causes, 1/ wind leave your aircraft up at 50 metres in even light winds for 10 minuets without any stitch movements, if it doesn’t move , you have a drone that hasn’t reached the market yet. 2/ Interference both craft and RC,   we almost always see with magnetic or strong interference first thing to happen is Yaw error, these again are caused by something outside the control of firmware or software. RC interference and bad calibration will cause your aircraft to not respond to your control movements, so again involuntary Yaw movement.

Yet we are continually being shouted down , told this involuntary movement can only be caused by Firmware/software problems, but according to those who have managed to get their aircraft to fly correctly they opted for the advice from dji to a procedure that now allows them to fly like the vast majority without problems, this can be simply verified by looking on videos/photos section which is probably the busiest section on this forum.

What tweedledum and tweedledee offer through Help , is this Ground your aircraft and wait for firmware update, so if you believe them that all problems are caused by firmware and software and not possibly caused by mechanics , then you will simply have to wait for dji to bring out new firmware, or use your entitlement to invoke your warranty.
We all know that firmware will not arrive until ready, it won’t arrive with any explanations regarding involuntary Yaw movements or explanations regarding any other problems, and why simply because dji have already said here on numerous occasions that it was and is safe to fly Mavic Air , but what happens is he who shouts the loudest can bring others down with him. It is very clear there are solutions and many of those who have had problems have surmounted these, there’s is a practical and a workable solution, but it’s a pity it’s being drowned out by those who for some reason think because they grounded their aircraft, that we all should.

The single biggest problem with Mavic Pro since it was released was tilted horizon, 2 years later and many more firmware updates software updates, and we still have tilted horizon, and while many called for firmware to correct it, it’s still there , and why simple it’s a mechanical problem and if you want to correct it you have to do it manually, not everything can be sorted by firmware or software, and that’s why we should try to learn from each other, both the tech and the mechanics of these aircraft.

Going back to my first point, RC interference is a real problem and don’t let above tell you it’s not, there are many threads on this subject since dji came out with the very small RC .
You can see the amount of movement you can get by using a small fridge magnet, Now think about standing under power lines , sitting in your car etc etc. I’m not saying these will always effect your RC or that they will have the same effect as you see in the video, but even if they only have a small effect on your RC , this will transfer to your aircraft, and firmware or software won’t stop it.
2018-6-22
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-22 02:50

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=95194&pid=788937&fromuid=260008

My Dear Hallmark007
For me is difficult to understand is: Why? Why?
Why I did not experience any of these issues until I upgraded my Mavic firmware to the 0400 (it did not occur in the 200 and it did not happen in the 300)

2018-6-22
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-22 02:50

All very true statements that I fully support, thank you for that! There is no reason at all to keep the Mavic Air grounded with the current firmware or App versions. Should there be serious malfunctions however, the proper way to deal with this is sending it back under warranty.
2018-6-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

TZero Posted at 2018-6-22 04:00
My Dear Hallmark007
Why I did not experience any of these issues until I upgraded my Mavic firmware to the 0400 (it did not occur in the 200 and it did not happen in the 300)

I don’t know why either, but from what I read your issue with a slight glitch n transmission, correct me if I’m wrong.
But there is also others who had issues with numerous problems who have had their issues sorted out, through various simple calibrations, and all I’ve seen here is different explanations some say software some say firmware, for those who are convinced that it is SW/FW issue then it looks like you will have to wait.
I spelled out very early on this thread how this would pan out, yes I take a very pragmatic view, but it was a correct one, I also advised those with problems to return until you get one that flies and works as it should, so now 7 weeks on those users still without working aircraft, no pain to dji, if those users had returned their aircraft to dji, then the pain would be with them now, but you get quickly shot down for making the suggestion, but if they took it up, then most if not all would be happy flying now, instead we have the lunatics running the asylum or the Joan of Arc crew telling everyone this is all down to FW/SW ISSUES, and I don’t doubt some of it could be.

But here’s the thing , I see many of those who are having problems contemplating purchasing djis new release, while sitting here shouting and screaming to no avail , and still can’t fly. So really those having problems with aircraft not working, can’t or won’t do anything about it except to try to create hysteria here, but still no working craft, it’s hard to take this seriously, and I’m sure this is djis opinion and they certainly are not getting worked up about it.
There needs to be a reality check here regarding these problems. Nobody should have to wait this long to get their craft working , it’s beyond belief that they would wait this long, if it was a TV then you would walk straight back to the store and demand a new one, you certainly would not wait 7 weeks, and this new firmware may not arrive anytime soon. If it was me I would be thinking FW will arrive very closely behind djis new release, which may put this into the 3 month bracket. It’s time to get real here.

And we see new users here everyday with no problems, so yes dji have working craft, just get one, and don’t be discouraged by tweedledee and tweedledum scaremongering that you might get back a craft that’s refurbished or it doesn’t work, because if that happens then you won’t be any worse off, because it’s free to ship both ways dji will feel the pain. And it’s a lot quicker than coming here to scream and shout.

I have no problems or ever had with users who have genuine problems and can’t be helped any further on this forum. But we all have statutory rights use them, it makes life a lot simpler.

2018-6-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

TZero Posted at 2018-6-22 04:00
My Dear Hallmark007

I don’t know why either, but from what I read your issue with a slight glitch n transmission, correct me if I’m wrong.
But there is also others who had issues with numerous problems who have had their issues sorted out, through various simple calibrations, and all I’ve seen here is different explanations some say software some say firmware, for those who are convinced that it is SW/FW issue then it looks like you will have to wait.
I spelled out very early on this thread how this would pan out, yes I take a very pragmatic view, but it was a correct one, I also advised those with problems to return until you get one that flies and works as it should, so now 7 weeks on those users still without working aircraft, no pain to dji, if those users had returned their aircraft to dji, then the pain would be with them now, but you get quickly shot down for making the suggestion, but if they took it up, then most if not all would be happy flying now, instead we have the lunatics running the asylum or the Joan of Arc crew telling everyone this is all down to FW/SW ISSUES, and I don’t doubt some of it could be.

But here’s the thing , I see many of those who are having problems contemplating purchasing djis new release, while sitting here shouting and screaming to no avail , and still can’t fly. So really those having problems with aircraft not working, can’t or won’t do anything about it except to try to create hysteria here, but still no working craft, it’s hard to take this seriously, and I’m sure this is djis opinion and they certainly are not getting worked up about it.
There needs to be a reality check here regarding these problems. Nobody should have to wait this long to get their craft working , it’s beyond belief that they would wait this long, if it was a TV then you would walk straight back to the store and demand a new one, you certainly would not wait 7 weeks, and this new firmware may not arrive anytime soon. If it was me I would be thinking FW will arrive very closely behind djis new release, which may put this into the 3 month bracket. It’s time to get real here.

And we see new users here everyday with no problems, so yes dji have working craft, just get one, and don’t be discouraged by tweedledee and tweedledum scaremongering that you might get back a craft that’s refurbished or it doesn’t work, because if that happens then you won’t be any worse off, because it’s free to ship both ways dji will feel the pain. And it’s a lot quicker than coming here to scream and shout.

I have no problems or ever had with users who have genuine problems and can’t be helped any further on this forum. But we all have statutory rights use them, it makes life a lot simpler.

2018-6-22
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

randy.sauder Posted at 2018-6-21 23:36
Edison: I'm a Mavic Pro user and your take on the video transmission issue/lag and relationship to the coding of the App is bang on 100% correct.  I believe this was in post #174.  I have a ton of data that I've been working on having had a major flight incident cause by this issue (lost Mavic b/c of this).

As for the Mavic Pro, Go4 v4.1.8 upto but not including 4.1.10 seemed to NOT have this issue. I normally had PERFECT flights using these older versions.   It became an intermittent issue with 4.1.10 and serious imo.  Then in mid Nov 2017, DJI released G04 v 4.1.15 ....and it was TOTALLY DEFECTIVE IN THIS REGARD.   I have numerous flight logs showing all sorts of weird things as well.

"it is incredibly frustrating to try to use the forum's 'search' function. "

There is an alternative and much better search method, using Google, or any of the search engines, type the following:-

site:forum.dji.com "type search string here without quotes"

For example site:forum.dji.com DJI Go 4 v4.2.20, or site:forum.dji.com serious issue
2018-6-22
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-21 13:07

It is very easy to tell if the RC is the source of the movement by evaluating the logs.   In all the cases of this that I have studied, the RC had nothing to do with the slow rotation in yaw.
2018-6-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Brantel Posted at 2018-6-22 05:04
It is very easy to tell if the RC is the source of the movement by evaluating the logs.   In all the cases of this that I have studied, the RC had nothing to do with the slow rotation in yaw.

If it’s rotating on its own you will not see any stick movements but you will see position changing, easiest way is to put forward your log, it might help others.
I’m not saying your Aircraft didn’t move on it’s own but there are other factors at play here other than FW, A very simple gimbal calibration can help in this situation and many have been doing it for years, wind can also be a factor, and from what others are saying it could be FW , but the explanations for that seem to be very different and incoherent depending on who you read.

Look I don’t know what your problems are, you post them, I give you some practical answers, if nothing else they will help you to eliminate, but it seems if you disagree or offer other solutions, you get shot down very quickly by those who don’t know anymore and in many cases less.
2018-6-22
Use props
Gazoo
lvl.3
Canada

So if you live south of the equator does that mean your MA will slow yaw to the right instead?

2018-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules