Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Phatom 3 picture shaking problem
1470 20 2018-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_cKNsFcXngWlP
lvl.1

Croatia

Hello guys!

Recently, I bought DJI Phantom 3 Standard and for the last two days I am  practicing because I am a newbie. The problem I have is that picture twitches, shaking almost  every two seconds, like the gimbal is not stabilizing and it's really  annoying. Do you know why is this happening? What can I do to solve  this?

I would post a video, but forum does not let me. Would really appreciate your help!

2018-6-5
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

This is a fairly standard question, have you removed the foam packing piece behind the gimbal? It should be removed and discarded.

If you want to show us a video, then you need to upload it to YouTube then post a link in your thread posting here.
2018-6-5
Use props
djiuser_cKNsFcXngWlP
lvl.1

Croatia

Geebax Posted at 2018-6-5 23:34
This is a fairly standard question, have you removed the foam packing piece behind the gimbal? It should be removed and discarded.

Sorry if it's a standard question, I'm really new to this

I think there is no foam, here is a picture (don't know on which foam do you think)

2018-6-5
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

djiuser_cKNsFcXngWlP Posted at 2018-6-5 23:40
Sorry if it's a standard question, I'm really new to this

I think there is no foam, here is a picture (don't know on which foam do you think)

Can you show me a side on shot of the gimbal?
2018-6-5
Use props
djiuser_cKNsFcXngWlP
lvl.1

Croatia

Here is the youtube link

2018-6-5
Use props
djiuser_cKNsFcXngWlP
lvl.1

Croatia

Geebax Posted at 2018-6-5 23:41
Can you show me a side on shot of the gimbal?

Yeah, here are pictures from all sides.

2018-6-5
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

djiuser_cKNsFcXngWlP Posted at 2018-6-5 23:45
Yeah, here are pictures from all sides.

[view_image]

OK, it does not look as if the packing piece is there, so that is OK. Looking at the video clip, you have significant 'Jello', which is caused by the camera vibrating. Just powering the aircraft up on the bench, is there any vibration of the camera as it is sitting there.. You might need to gently touch the camera to find out.
2018-6-5
Use props
djiuser_cKNsFcXngWlP
lvl.1

Croatia

Geebax Posted at 2018-6-5 23:50
OK, it does not look as if the packing piece is there, so that is OK. Looking at the video clip, you have significant 'Jello', which is caused by the camera vibrating. Just powering the aircraft up on the bench, is there any vibration of the camera as it is sitting there.. You might need to gently touch the camera to find out.

I just tried and there is no vibration on the camera, it is still...
2018-6-5
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

djiuser_cKNsFcXngWlP Posted at 2018-6-5 23:59
I just tried and there is no vibration on the camera, it is still...

OK, the next thing to try is to change the propellers for a new set.
2018-6-6
Use props
djiuser_cKNsFcXngWlP
lvl.1

Croatia

Geebax Posted at 2018-6-6 01:15
OK, the next thing to try is to change the propellers for a new set.

I will try that too. Do you think it has something to do with shutter speed or stuff like that or it is a strictly gimbal problem?
2018-6-6
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

djiuser_cKNsFcXngWlP Posted at 2018-6-6 01:18
I will try that too. Do you think it has something to do with shutter speed or stuff like that or it is a strictly gimbal problem?

No, jello has one cause and one cause only, the camera is vibrating or shaking. It can be due to an out-of-balance prop or a fault in the gimbal itself.
2018-6-6
Use props
djiuser_cKNsFcXngWlP
lvl.1

Croatia

OK. I will replace the props and then try! Thank you so much for your time and will to help me I will report here if the problem got solved.
2018-6-6
Use props
djiuser_cKNsFcXngWlP
lvl.1

Croatia

djiuser_cKNsFcXngWlP Posted at 2018-6-6 01:31
OK. I will replace the props and then try! Thank you so much for your time and will to help me  I will report here if the problem got solved.

I replaced the props with new ones and calibrated the gimbal, but the problem is still here :/

2018-6-6
Use props
djiuser_cKNsFcXngWlP
lvl.1

Croatia

OK, I changed the shutter speed from 1/100 to 1/50 and the jello is gone
2018-6-6
Use props
djiuser_cKNsFcXngWlP
lvl.1

Croatia

Yeah, so the problem is when I put shutter speed to 1/50 there is no Jello but on any other shutter there is. Can Phantom 3 Standard change the exposure manually? Because everything is burned and if i put shutter to anything than 1/50 there is this effect :/
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_cKNsFcXngWlP Posted at 2018-6-6 23:20
Yeah, so the problem is when I put shutter speed to 1/50 there is no Jello but on any other shutter there is. Can Phantom 3 Standard change the exposure manually? Because everything is burned and if i put shutter to anything than 1/50 there is this effect :/

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Could you please try to refresh the firmware for the drone and then try it again? If still no good luck, then I'd like to help you forward the issue to our engineers for a check, please let us know the firmware version of your aircraft and the remote controller. Thank you in advance!
2018-6-10
Use props
mlogozar
lvl.1

Croatia

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-6-10 19:43
Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Could you please try to refresh the firmware for the drone and then try it again? If still no good luck, then I'd like to help you forward the issue to our engineers for a check, please let us know the firmware version of your aircraft and the remote controller. Thank you in advance!

I upgraded the firmware, calibrated Phantom, calibrated gimbal and calibrated IMU but the issue is still here. On 1/50 shutter speed it is barely visible because of slower shutter, but that is overexposed and I cannot change exposure and shutter at the same time so it's not usable.

Really don't know what to do
2018-6-10
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

mlogozar Posted at 2018-6-10 22:28
I upgraded the firmware, calibrated Phantom, calibrated gimbal and calibrated IMU but the issue is still here. On 1/50 shutter speed it is barely visible because of slower shutter, but that is overexposed and I cannot change exposure and shutter at the same time so it's not usable.

Really don't know what to do

You need to purchase a set of ND filters to lower the light level into the camera. And you can alter the exposure manually to bring the EV value close to zero.
2018-6-10
Use props
mlogozar
lvl.1

Croatia

Yes, I ordered ND filters but it is really sad that I need to buy extra equipment to make my DJI Phantom work. They should come with the drone itself then
2018-6-10
Use props
mlogozar
lvl.1

Croatia

I bought ND filters but nothing changed. Jello is still here. I noticed that the front props are turning slower than the last props, is that normal?
2018-6-18
Use props
djiuser_6Uo1XzVzinGJ
lvl.1

United States

I'd be interested to find out if you've solved the vibration issue yet. If you watch the videos carefully, the vibration is rhythmic, repeating the same sequence over and over. Normally this would poin to props. Have you checked the balance on the props yet? If they're balanced properly, then it may be an issue with a motor mount or an out-of-balance motor.
2018-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules