Video editor: failed to save error
12196 22 2018-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ACSoft
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70778 ft

I am simply unable to generate a video with original files (1920x1080 60fps) imported from my Phantom 4 Pro or moved manually into the cache, with my tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab A / 32gb / Android 7.0 and your DJI GO 4 version 4.2.16.

The video generation start normally and when reaching about 30%, the editor quit the generation screen and go back to editor screen with a small grey error message "failed to save".

In this editor try, I didn't had this problem with the cached video return files (with the sound). But obviously, those files have a much smaller size. Maybe it is the reason why it work. I tried also to not set the cache on SD card, thinking it might be the reason of the failure, but unfortunately, with the cache located into main memory, it fail exactely in the same way.

2018-6-6
Use props
djiuser_kFGt5p0StUEc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86476 ft
United States

Add the same problem with same tablet,  anyone as an answer?
2018-6-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, please try to update the DJI GO 4 to the latest version v4.2.20 if you are able to update it, or change another video to edit. If it keeps failing, please try another mobile device that is on the support list to help to troubleshoot.
If the issue persists, please provide me with the original videos and make a video of your operating procedure. You can upload to Dropbox and paste the link here. I would like to have the engineers to check. Thank you. devide support list.png
2018-6-10
Use props
ACSoft
lvl.2

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-6-10 22:43
Hi there, please try to update the DJI GO 4 to the latest version v4.2.20 if you are able to update it, or change another video to edit. If it keeps failing, please try another mobile device that is on the support list to help to troubleshoot.
If the issue persists, please provide me with the original videos and make a video of your operating procedure. You can upload to Dropbox and paste the link here. I would like to have the engineers to check. Thank you.[view_image]

Amazing, all what you dare to ask us to do, before eventually submitting the problem to your engineers !!!

This is YOUR DUTY to do all what you ask. As a final user, we have made our job, we have reported a problem precisely, with all the informations required for you to reproduce it. I am not going to buy other devices to check if this problem occur also or not !!! Now to say, I've never heard of a supported device list. On your official page, under "Phantom 4 Pro specs" it is only written "Required operating system: Android 4.4.0 or later".

EDIT:
The list you added at the end of your message do not belong to the official specs and, moreover, is totally obsolete. It list devices for Android 4.2.8.

EDIT2:
Just tested with your 4.2.20, but it does NOT solve the problem.

2018-6-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

ACSoft Posted at 2018-6-11 00:12
Amazing, all what you dare to ask us to do, before eventually submitting the problem to your engineers !!!

This is YOUR DUTY to do all what you ask. As a final user, we have made our job, we have reported a problem precisely, with all the informations required for you to reproduce it. I am not going to buy other devices to check if this problem occur also or not !!! Now to say, I've never heard of a supported device list. On your official page, under "Phantom 4 Pro specs" it is only written "Required operating system: Android 4.4.0 or later".

We would test at our end and want to know if it is the app issue, too. However, since the mobile device mentioned above is not on the support list, if the issue can't be repeated, it would be nice if you can send us your operating video and the video that you edited for further confirmation. If it is not convenient to provide us with the info, we can understand that and will still let our engineers know. Appreciate your understanding and support.
2018-6-11
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

ACSoft Posted at 2018-6-11 00:12

This is YOUR DUTY to do all what you ask. As a final user, we have made our job, we have reported a problem precisely, with all the informations required for you to reproduce it. I am not going to buy other devices to check if this problem occur also or not !!! Now to say, I've never heard of a supported device list. On your official page, under "Phantom 4 Pro specs" it is only written "Required operating system: Android 4.4.0 or later".

The list DJI-Thor put in his post is exactly the same list that is shown on the DJI web site under specs for the P4Pro. It is the same list of recommended devices that anyone who does their pre-purchase research will find. If you choose to use a device that is not on that list, then you should not try and dump the problem on DJI. Android devicves, in particular, are very variable and do not necessarily conform exactly to the Android specifications. Each manufacturer makes small adjustments to suit themselves, and quite often they then fail to run the DJI applications correctly.
Here is a hint for you, you tablet may not have enough free memory to edit and save those files. Try doing the editing on a real computer.

2018-6-11
Use props
ACSoft
lvl.2

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-6-11 19:49
We would test at our end and want to know if it is the app issue, too. However, since the mobile device mentioned above is not on the support list, if the issue can't be repeated, it would be nice if you can send us your operating video and the video that you edited for further confirmation. If it is not convenient to provide us with the info, we can understand that and will still let our engineers know. Appreciate your understanding and support.

This problem is not specific to a particular video, it occur when you try to build a video with large files. In my case, I always had the problem, even with different videos HD (as I told you already 1920x1080 60fps) and different editions.

Obviously, this has something to do with memory management. Galaxy Tab A (2016) has 2 GB of memory. Maybe your video generator require more than that to work properly, I don't known. But, if it is the case, I am sorry to say that this would denote a rather poor design of this part of the code.

2018-6-12
Use props
ACSoft
lvl.2

Geebax Posted at 2018-6-11 20:01
The list DJI-Thor put in his post is exactly the same list that is shown on the DJI web site under specs for the P4Pro. It is the same list of recommended devices that anyone who does their pre-purchase research will find. If you choose to use a device that is not on that list, then you should not try and dump the problem on DJI. Android devicves, in particular, are very variable and do not necessarily conform exactly to the Android specifications. Each manufacturer makes small adjustments to suit themselves, and quite often they then fail to run the DJI applications correctly.
Here is a hint for you, you tablet may not have enough free memory to edit and save those files. Try doing the editing on a real computer.

No Sir, the list DJI-Thor added do NOT belong to the specs. Under "Phantom 4 Pro specs" section, it is only written "Required operating system: Android 4.4.0 or later". This list belong to a section far after, named "Phantom 4 Pro download".

I do not "dump" the problem on DJI. List or not and as I said already, I consider it is the duty of DJI to try to reproduce the problem. I have given all the necessary informations. They just need now to found a Galaxy Tab A 10,1 (2016) tablet, which they have probably already since long in their laboratory, take some HD videos and I bet they will reproduce the problem.

Of course I will do the editing on a different device. Not because of this problem, but because this DJI video editor is just a total nullity. If I have reported this problem it was just in the meaning to help DJI.

2018-6-12
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

ACSoft Posted at 2018-6-12 02:01
No Sir, the list DJI-Thor added do NOT belong to the specs. Under "Phantom 4 Pro specs" section, it is only written "Required operating system: Android 4.4.0 or later". This list belong to a section far after, named "Phantom 4 Pro download".

Yes, you are quite correct, my apologies. I have no idea why DJI have chosen to take the list out of the main specification area and put it in the downloads section.

It is one thing to edit the proof videos, which are quite small in file size, on a phone or tablet, but it is totally the wrong device for editing the Full HD files. For that you should be editing them on a full size PC with a decent amount of memory. The tablet has to fit all the source files into that small 2GB space, plus working files and also the rendered output. No wonder it does not work.
2018-6-12
Use props
ACSoft
lvl.2

Apparently, that's not what DJI thinks !

For your information, the tablet has not to fit all the source files into the main memory. There are different programming techniques to overcome the physical limitations of a device.  By simple curiosity, I have tried several  Android freeware editing program and they were all able to build my HD test video on my tablet.
2018-6-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

ACSoft Posted at 2018-6-13 00:56

Sorry for the delay. The device that is not on the support list doesn't mean that it can't compatible with the DJI GO/DJI GO 4 app, since it might not be possible to test all devices on the market.
The support list means that engineers had tested to run DJI GO/DJI GO 4 on that mobile devices and they performed fine.
As for the issue that you report, we had forwarded to our engineers to notice and confirm. We truly appreciated it. If it is confirmed the app's issue, our engineers will also work on it. Thank you for bringing us the attention.
2018-6-18
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

ACSoft Posted at 2018-6-13 00:56

'For your information, the tablet has not to fit all the source files into the main memory.'

So, where does the application put the source files? Your reply does not agree with your opening statement:

I am simply unable to generate a video with original files (1920x1080 60fps) imported from my Phantom 4 Pro or moved manually into the cache, with my tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab A / 32gb / Android 7.0 and your DJI GO 4 version 4.2.16.'

2018-6-18
Use props
ACSoft
lvl.2

@Geebax. You make a confusion between mass memory or storage memory, if you prefer, and the system memory or main memory.

Any operating system are able to create what is called virtual main memory by using mass memory. But, even without using this technique, you can build a file more larger than the the main memory, by simply using bufferization techniques.

By the way, Mister Geebax, next time, try to avoid giving lesson to other's if you are not competent enough in the area concerned.
2018-6-19
Use props
ACSoft
lvl.2

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-6-18 20:26
Sorry for the delay. The device that is not on the support list doesn't mean that it can't compatible with the DJI GO/DJI GO 4 app, since it might not be possible to test all devices on the market.
The support list means that engineers had tested to run DJI GO/DJI GO 4 on that mobile devices and they performed fine.
As for the issue that you report, we had forwarded to our engineers to notice and confirm. We truly appreciated it. If it is confirmed the app's issue, our engineers will also work on it. Thank you for bringing us the attention.

DJI Thor, may I suggest to you to enlarge your supported devices list and include into it more recent devices and popular one.

Obviously, a Samsung Galaxy Tab A belong to this category and is even recommended to be used with the Phantom 4 serie, by stores selling your products, because it fit perfectly with you device support on the remote control and is not too expensive while having good performance.
2018-6-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

ACSoft Posted at 2018-6-19 00:39
DJI Thor, may I suggest to you to enlarge your supported devices list and include into it more recent devices and popular one.

Obviously, a Samsung Galaxy Tab A belong to this category and is even recommended to be used with the Phantom 4 serie, by stores selling your products, because it fit perfectly with you device support on the remote control and is not too expensive while having good performance.

I will forward the request to the engineers. Thanks for the suggestion.
2018-6-23
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

ACSoft Posted at 2018-6-19 00:24
@Geebax. You make a confusion between mass memory or storage memory, if you prefer, and the system memory or main memory.

Any operating system are able to create what is called virtual main memory by using mass memory. But, even without using this technique, you can build a file more larger than the the main memory, by simply using bufferization techniques.

'By the way, Mister Geebax, next time, try to avoid giving lesson to other's if you are not competent enough in the area concerned.'

Dear Arrogant Sh*t, I have plenty of knowledge and experience in computer and related fields. I would suspect that experience goes back to a time long before you were born.

You might note that your arrogance has resulted in you being fobbed off by the DJI team member. And it most likely means no-one else will bother to try and help you either. Good luck with that, and may you get what you deserve.

2018-6-23
Use props
ACSoft
lvl.2
Switzerland

Geebax Posted at 2018-6-23 16:29
'By the way, Mister Geebax, next time, try to avoid giving lesson to other's if you are not competent enough in the area concerned.'

Dear Arrogant Sh*t, I have plenty of knowledge and experience in computer and related fields. I would suspect that experience goes back to a time long before you were born.

In what way does pointing out a so-called contradiction in my words help ? It does not help, it's just someone who wants to give a lesson and this is frankly negative and unpleasant. In addition, your lesson is totally wrong, as I said already.

If you think I'm just a small young that you have to put in his place, again, you made a mistake, because I am a retired computer engineer and it is probably you who owe me the respect of the age.

In this thread, I did not ask for any help. On the contrary, I just wanted to help. For that, DJI thanked me and have passed on the informations to the engineers.

Now, you have insulted me, so I have signaled you to DJI.
2018-6-26
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

ACSoft Posted at 2018-6-26 17:51
In what way does pointing out a so-called contradiction in my words help ? It does not help, it's just someone who wants to give a lesson and this is frankly negative and unpleasant. In addition, your lesson is totally wrong, as I said already.

If you think I'm just a small young that you have to put in his place, again, you made a mistake, because I am a retired computer engineer and it is probably you who owe me the respect of the age.

'For that, DJI thanked me and have passed on the informations to the engineers.'

Yeah, they do that to everyone. Its called fobbing you off.

'If you think I'm just a small young that you have to put in his place, again, you made a mistake, because I am a retired computer engineer and it is probably you who owe me the respect of the age.'

I doubt it, I spent my life designing computer systems, right from the first microcomputer chips. I was Director of Engineering for several companies during my career. If you are as smart as you alledge, you should recognise what the error 'Failed To Save' usually means.
2018-6-26
Use props
ACSoft
lvl.2

Geebax Posted at 2018-6-26 18:25
'For that, DJI thanked me and have passed on the informations to the engineers.'

Yeah, they do that to everyone. Its called fobbing you off.

That's is maybe your opinion, it is not mine.

Now, please stop coming here. I don't want to talk more with somebody so impolite.
2018-6-26
Use props
ACSoft
lvl.2

I doubt it, I spent my life designing computer systems, right from the first microcomputer chips. I was Director of Engineering for several companies during my career. If you are as smart as you alledge, you should recognise what the error 'Failed To Save' usually means.

Of course, I know what failed to save means !!! And you, do you know what STOP mean ?
2018-6-26
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

ACSoft Posted at 2018-6-26 18:48

Of course, I know what failed to save means !!! And you, do you know what STOP mean ?
No, I will not stop coming here. And if you don't want to be treated with comtempt, then stop treating others the same way, including the moderators. Witness this:

2018-6-26
Use props
ACSoft
lvl.2

Geebax Posted at 2018-6-26 19:21
No, I will not stop coming here. And if you don't want to be treated with comtempt, then stop treating others the same way, including the moderators. Witness this:

In French, there is a popular saying that says: Only the truth hurts.

Yes, Sir, you are only an unpleasant, impolite and negative lesson's giver to whom I effectively address all my contempt. it is just what you deserve.

No problem, Sir, continue coming here to pour out your venom. This thread, I leave it to you.

Have a nice day !

2018-6-26
Use props
djiuser_u8HZyEhWIaiV
New

Indonesia

Same problem here with nokia 6.1 plus.!!!
2018-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules