CE or FCC
1249 11 2018-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
itsowen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 359337 ft

Hi guys I have read a few times about changing mode on Phantom 3 std from CE to FCC. What I would like to know is is it safe, just watched a video where it is done by android app and would like to hear from anyone that has tried this.....
2018-6-6
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

If you have no doubts risking flying around disturbing a lot of other wireless equipment by modifying your radio power to transmit with more power than allowed then yes it would be safe.
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

The CE and FCC mode will change automatically according to the local radio regulations. I don't suggest modifying and changing it manually. Thank you for your support.
2018-6-10
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-6 03:30
If you have no doubts risking flying around disturbing a lot of other wireless equipment by modifying your radio power to transmit with more power than allowed then yes it would be safe.

It does not do that in FCC counties so why would it do it in CE countries, i dont see a reason why it would.  its just the EU being  an (x) as usual

Hi Owen, it is safe to do...... its not like ya gonna bring down any buildings or control a vehicle with it But, bear in mind, if you are in warranty then its prob not advisabl in case you need support, they wouldnt be too helpful
2018-6-10
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Bashy Posted at 2018-6-10 21:40
It does not do that in FCC counties so why would it do it in CE countries, i dont see a reason why it would.  its just the EU being  an (x) as usual

Hi Owen, it is safe to do...... its not like ya gonna bring down any buildings or control a vehicle with it

But in FCC countries other equipment is also using FCC powers then equals out the power difference.
2018-6-10
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I suppose that makes sense in a way, but i wouldnt use the term unsafe, I have used my p4p in FCC mode inside whilst testing  and not noticed any degradation on my wif, 0.4w to 4w is quite a jump, if it was going to interfere it would have.

Another thing, if say in the UK for example, the pilot was to stick to the drone code then there should be no interference with any thing, what with staying 50m away from any buildings and 150m from built up areas, so interference would be minimal at best unless you can think of something i am missing?
2018-6-10
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

i have changed mine from 20 dbm to 27 dbm and i am in a ce region and it gave me almost double range on my standard and what happens if i set it to higher than 30 do i get more range again or cant it be higher than 27?? i use icarus mobile app to change it
2018-6-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14044577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's doable but not advisable  
2018-6-11
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

what could happen??can i destroy somthing like the rc or ac??
2018-6-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rene Jensen Posted at 2018-6-11 01:09

no, perhaps interfere with other 2.4 or 5.8g (which ever you are using) signals, but that is all
2018-6-11
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Rene Jensen Posted at 2018-6-11 01:09

Other posts in past have noted that beyond 27, it can injure/ruin the unit. Not built to withstand added current beyond 27.
2018-6-14
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Bashy Posted at 2018-6-10 21:57
I suppose that makes sense in a way, but i wouldnt use the term unsafe, I have used my p4p in FCC mode inside whilst testing  and not noticed any degradation on my wif, 0.4w to 4w is quite a jump, if it was going to interfere it would have.

Another thing, if say in the UK for example, the pilot was to stick to the drone code then there should be no interference with any thing, what with staying 50m away from any buildings and 150m from built up areas, so interference would be minimal at best  unless you can think of something i am missing?

Only thing i think you're missing is the overall situation and the use of those frequencies, specially the 2.4GHz band.
That you don't see any interference on your wfif most likely will be so because the system has been aware of this from the start and set on a channel/frequency well away from the one used by your wifi.
When flying around with way too much transmitting power it might even notice other uses of those frequencies it trashes on it's way and you're happy but i can guarantee that he once who's wifi, bluetooth calls, surveillance systems, camera monitoring and whatever is using those frequencies that get interrupted are not happy at all.

In most countries this illegal use of radio equipment would result in a fierce fine if caught and i would not have any empathy with the one as in worst case this use could result in missed emergency reporting/calls from the interrupted devices.

The only right way to have more power would, beside have DJI using the full allowed power be to have the rules changed by our politicians, for sure not an easy task but not impossible i think as things before have been changed. Ex. is it not legal to use devices that do low power transmissions on the FM band, it was not when i bought a transmitter for my JOS MP-300 player years back.
One thing is for sure the reason for a demand of change should not be the increased range but more likely the increased stability and thereby security, you have my support if you bring up the subject to EU level, not when flying around using illegal transmission power.
2018-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules