Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
recieving video but gimbal is dead after collision - please help!
748 4 2018-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ald0
New

Italy

Hi,
I've been lent a Phantom 3 standard and after just one week I've wrecked it already!

After a collision with a tree the roll arm disconected and the cable broke.

I've tried replacing the cable (sourced online, not original) twice and although I get photo/video the gimbal is totally dead, that is to say, it doesn't do the initial dance; it doesn't stabalize itself; and I can not control the pitch either. Although with the gimbal attatched the drone does fly.

On the app it says I have a gimbal gyroscope error.
I've looked at the pcb's but can not see any damage, but I'm no expert.

As this machine is not mine I need to get it repaired as soon as possible and as economically as possible!
I have searched online but it appears there is no fix for this problem.

So at this point I think the options are:
1. Install a brand new gimbal (but what if the main pcb is damaged too?)
2. Buy a used P3 for much the same cost as a new gimbal and sell the old one for spares/parts.
3. Replace the gimbal motor pcb's (I believe that is where the gyroscopes are)

Any advice would be greatly appriciated.
Thanks in advance

2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

I am sorry to hear about what happened to your aircraft. I highly recommend to send in the unit to our facility for diagnosis and repair it. Please click on the link: https://www.dji.com/service/repair
2018-6-6
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

If you've replaced the ribbon cable and roll arm and are still having problems, it's probably best to send it in for repair.
2018-6-6
Use props
Ald0
New

Italy

Thanks for the replies.

The arm doesn't look bent and as it had only disconnected from the motor (it's attached magnetically) I thought it wasn't necessary to replace it. Do you think it needs replacing?
2018-6-7
Use props
Ald0
New

Italy

I have replaced the two pcb's on each gimbal motor and I have tried another flex cable. Still no dice!

Now I have a whole new bunch of symptoms:
Gimbal tries to do the dance but it's not as it should be.
No video feed.
Satilite signal comes on but after a second or two gets disconnected
No battery data (remaining charge and temperature)
Gimbal pitch error
Propellors won't start and/or take-off.

Needless to say I'm very dissapointed with this item and the lack of spare parts available.
2018-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules