Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Samsung Galaxy S9 compatibility
6855 5 2018-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dwin1977
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2730026 ft
  • >>>
United States

So now I'm looking at a Samsung Galaxy S9 but don't see it on the preferred list. Am I good? I know the Mavics are built for Apple stuff but I'm just an Andriod kind of guy. I have the Air and the Pro and just want to make sure both aircraft will work with the lastest DJI Go 4 softwaer updates.
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

I understand that you want to acquire a Samsung Galaxy S9 as your mobile device for your Mavic Air and Mavic Pro. I checked the list of compatible devices for these drones and I found out that the Samsung Galaxy S9 is not yet a part of that recommended list. When using a non recommended device on the drone, the result can be that not all the functions on the DJI Go 4 app will work and might affect the performance of the drone. I will be sending you the list of recommended mobile devices.

iOS Version v4.2.12.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus.
Android Version v4.2.8.
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S8, Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20.

*Support for additional devices available as testing and development continues.

Thank you.  
2018-6-6
Use props
dwin1977
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-6 10:19
I understand that you want to acquire a Samsung Galaxy S9 as your mobile device for your Mavic Air and Mavic Pro. I checked the list of compatible devices for these drones and I found out that the Samsung Galaxy S9 is not yet a part of that recommended list. When using a non recommended device on the drone, the result can be that not all the functions on the DJI Go 4 app will work and might affect the performance of the drone. I will be sending you the list of recommended mobile devices.

iOS Version v4.2.12.

Thank you! I may still get it but use my S7 after stripping it down for Mavic flights only until the updates are available.
2018-6-6
Use props
3-D
Captain
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

dwin1977 Posted at 2018-6-6 10:47
Thank you! I may still get it but use my S7 after stripping it down for Mavic flights only until the updates are available.

that will (at this point) be your best bet.  I use a Note4 for my flights, but a different phone for my normal everyday use.  I do not have service on the Note4.  You should be in good shape using the S7
2018-6-6
Use props
AlansDronePics
Captain
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

dwin1977 Posted at 2018-6-6 10:47
Thank you! I may still get it but use my S7 after stripping it down for Mavic flights only until the updates are available.

That is by far the wisest choice.
I did a lot of research on the S9 plus, because of the exceptionally bright screen. Frankly, it was a disastrous waste of money.
A brilliant phone, but so unsuitable for use with a drone. The soft buttons are under the vital controls on that side of the screen and activate at the most inconvenient time. Highly dangerous.
The grip arm covers the light sensor the other end, so set light manually. The power management needs to be on performance and set the screen to hd+ of your battery will drain very fast. The curved infinity screen is a B nuisance because it is insensitive for control access along the top. Several attempts are often needed and is a hazard if you need access immediately.
Incredible phone, rubbish for use with drone. I have returned to my old J7 set up just for the drone.
2018-6-6
Use props
dwin1977
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

AlansDronePics Posted at 2018-6-6 11:36
That is by far the wisest choice.
I did a lot of research on the S9 plus, because of the exceptionally bright screen. Frankly, it was a disastrous waste of money.
A brilliant phone, but so unsuitable for use with a drone. The soft buttons are under the vital controls on that side of the screen and activate at the most inconvenient time. Highly dangerous.

I shopped through the lens of your advice and could clearly see what you're talking about. I had not considered any of that so thank you so much! I've gone with an iphone 8+ and the S7 is ready as backup.
2018-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules