1085 21 2018-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Txalaparta
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85433 ft
Spain

Hello,
I just bought a Phantom 3 SE. In my first flight I got a warning saying that I reached the maximum flight altitude (30 meters).
I thought that was because I was in begginer mode, but I deactivated the begginer mode and it still gives he same warning (both in real an in the simulator)
How can I disable that limit? My regulations allow me up to 120 metres high.
Cheers.
2018-6-6
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Under setting you will find the max height setting and can change it.
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello! We do apologize you're having issues with your drone. You can set your flight altitude up to 500 meters in the main controller settings.
2018-6-6
Use props
Txalaparta
lvl.2
Spain

Thanks for que quick answer. I hoped it was that easy. It is already set to 120 m.

2018-6-6
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

You will probably need to sign into the app, with your account with DJI.  
2018-6-6
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79291 ft

I agree with WD9EON. This happened to me once when I was out in the field.  I ended up deleting the DJI Go app and then re-installed it.  After I logged in the second time, all was okay.
2018-6-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

SIgn out of the app.
Then log in again and it should remove the restriction.
2018-6-6
Use props
Txalaparta
lvl.2
Spain

Thanks for the tips. I'll try asap
2018-6-6
Use props
Txalaparta
lvl.2
Spain

Txalaparta Posted at 2018-6-6 21:34
Thanks for the tips. I'll try asap

Hi again. Thanks to all for the help, but was no good.
I drove some Km, well away from the nearest airport to make sure I was ouside the CTR Zone. Infact 33 Km from the runaway.
I logged out  of DJI Go and loged in onsite. The location was fine with GPS.
Flew the bird, and again 30 m max.

I changed the location some 5 KM off the initial site and same result.

What I am doing wrong?

2018-6-10
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
United States

Try deleting the app, then re-install and log in then.  
As I  said above, this happened to me some time ago.
2018-6-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Txalaparta Posted at 2018-6-10 06:01
Hi again. Thanks to all for the help, but was no good.
I drove some Km, well away from the nearest airport to make sure I was ouside the CTR Zone. Infact 33 Km from the runaway.
I logged out  of DJI Go and loged in onsite. The location was fine with GPS.

Probably not signing out properly and signing into the app again.
2018-6-10
Use props
Txalaparta
lvl.2
Spain

I am desperate.
Do you know if there is a minimun flight time in "begginer mode" before being able to fly freely?
Thanks again
2018-6-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Txalaparta Posted at 2018-6-11 03:11
I am desperate.
Do you know if there is a minimun flight time in "begginer mode" before being able to fly freely?
Thanks again

No ... there is no requirement to fly at all in Beginner mode before changing.
If your Phantom is not in beginner mode, the problem is cured by signing out of the app (not just closing it) and signing in again.
That is the solution to your problem.
2018-6-11
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Go into the "me" part of the app. Tap on the gear icon at the top right corner.  You will see "sign out" at the bottom in red letters, then tap on it.
2018-6-11
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
United States

I'm sure ALABABA's suggestion will work.  But again, if it doesn't just delete the Go App and start all over again.  Also, be sure you get the correct Go App.  Get the one that says, "Before P4".
2018-6-11
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

Could you maybe post a screen capture similar to what Txalaparta showed above, showing us your settings?
2018-6-16
Use props
Txalaparta
lvl.2
Spain

Hello guys.
Thanks very much to all for the help and support received. Unfortunatelly none of the options worked. Because I didn't want to miss the 45 day return guaranty by GearBest, I just returned the drone for replacement.
I also founf out that the distance limit was also not working (in simulator) and that the bird would fly forever with a 500 m range limit.
Lets hope for a working replacement.
2018-6-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Txalaparta Posted at 2018-6-17 00:09
Hello guys.
Thanks very much to all for the help and support received. Unfortunatelly none of the options worked. Because I didn't want to miss the 45 day return guaranty by GearBest, I just returned the drone for replacement.
I also founf out that the distance limit was also not working (in simulator) and that the bird would fly forever with a 500 m range limit.

It still sounds like you didn't properly sign out of the app and sign in again.
That is the usual fix for people complaining about 100m-30m limits
2018-6-17
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer

Delete the app and re-install.  That will force you to sign in again.  Worked for me!  And make sure to get the correct app.
2018-6-17
Use props
Txalaparta
lvl.2
Spain

Well. I did sign out and delete the app many times. And reinstalled and sign in again. But nothing happened. I put a ticket to DJI Support, and they asked me to syncronize flight logs...but that was done already. It is taking 5 days for the technical guys to answer, so I asume it is no easy thing.

As I said, the horizontal distance limit (yes, it was switched on) didn't work either. Also, some of the RTH was not working at all. The pre-configured flight moder (follow me, PoI, etc) were also not working...and firmaware was updated to latest one.

My rookie diagnosis was that something was (really) bad, but in case I did the activation wrong, do you know where to fing an activation tutorial so I do it right next time?
2018-6-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Txalaparta Posted at 2018-6-17 09:24
Well. I did sign out and delete the app many times. And reinstalled and sign in again. But nothing happened. I put a ticket to DJI Support, and they asked me to syncronize flight logs...but that was done already. It is taking 5 days for the technical guys to answer, so I asume it is no easy thing.

As I said, the horizontal distance limit (yes, it was switched on) didn't work either. Also, some of the RTH was not working at all. The pre-configured flight moder (follow me, PoI, etc) were also not working...and firmaware was updated to latest one.

I'm wondering if you would have the same "problems" with another Phantom.
The difficulties you report are all common misunderstandings that are asked about by new flyers every week.

some of the RTH was not working at all
I'm guessing that it just landed rather than coming home?
That's because the Phantom was closer than 20 metres.
You need to fly more than 20 metres away to use RTH.

The pre-configured flight modes (follow me, PoI, etc) were also not working.
I'm guessing that you had not enabled Multiple Flight Modes in the app settings?
2018-6-17
Use props
Txalaparta
lvl.2
Spain

Hi to all in this post.
I found the problem and the solution. The problem was that the unit was faulty. The solution, returning it to GearBest within the 45 days return guaranty and getting a new replacement.
In this new one everything works, and I do not experience any of the issues described before.
No flight altitude limits, All pre-configured flight modes work, and I am happy now.
¿What was wrong? I have no idea, but thank you all very much for your help.
See you around

Patxi
2018-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules