Mavic's batteries sometimes takes to long to recharge.
865 16 2018-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanseefdd4c6
New

Hi,
Usually for recharcing I've seen that it takes 1.10 h, but sometime it takes much longer, more two hours, even three.  I have three batteries and it seems to do with all all them. It could be a problem with the recharger?

2018-6-6
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Assuming you are not talking about the car charger, with which the car has to be running for the charger to get enough juice to do its thing, yes, it could be your charger -- I've never seen it take that long to charge any of my three batteries.
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello. We apologize that you're having issues with charging your battery. May I know what charger are you using?
2018-6-6
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-6-6 11:45
Assuming you are not talking about the car charger, with which the car has to be running for the charger to get enough juice to do its thing, yes, it could be your charger -- I've never seen it take that long to charge any of my three batteries.

I agree with this assessment.  I would look at the charger.
2018-6-6
Use props
SMARL
New

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-6-6 11:45

No, is not the car charger is the original one, the socket charger. Even now, I recharged two deferent batteries, for the first one it takes 1.15h, the other one almost 2.5h.
2018-6-6
Use props
SMARL
New

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-6 11:51
Hello. We apologize that you're having issues with charging your battery. May I know what charger are you using?

Hi, the original one provided (socket).
2018-6-6
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

SMARL Posted at 2018-6-6 12:12
No, is not the car charger is the original one, the socket charger. Even now, I recharged two deferent batteries, for the first one it takes 1.15h, the other one almost 2.5h.

Are the affected battery terminals dirty?
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

SMARL Posted at 2018-6-6 12:14
Hi, the original one provided (socket).

I see. What specific Mavic drone do you have? Since when do you have the aircraft? Is it affecting the flight performance and the flight time?
2018-6-6
Use props
SMARL
New

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-6-6 12:22
Are the affected battery terminals dirty?

No, all clean. I store them in to a suitcase.
2018-6-6
Use props
SMARL
New

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-6 12:31
I see. What specific Mavic drone do you have? Since when do you have the aircraft? Is it affecting the flight performance and the flight time?

Mavic Pro. I bought last year. The batteries not affecting the flight performance and flight time, everything is ok during the flight.
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

SMARL Posted at 2018-6-6 12:37
Mavic Pro. I bought last year. The batteries not affecting the flight performance and flight time, everything is ok during the flight.

I see. Have you tried to use a different charger?
2018-6-6
Use props
SMARL
New

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-6 13:08
I see. Have you tried to use a different charger?

No, I don't have another one.
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

SMARL Posted at 2018-6-6 13:16
No, I don't have another one.

I see. If that's the case, there's a possibility that it's the charger that has a defect since your drone is still working fine even though you're charging the battery longer. You can try to use a different charger to check if it will last 2 - 3 hours again. If yes, please let us know so that we can help you.
2018-6-6
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

SMARL Posted at 2018-6-6 12:33
No, all clean. I store them in to a suitcase.

If you have a multimeter handy you can compare the output of the charger to what it is supposed to be delivering in both volts and amperage.

Seems odd, though, that sometimes batteries charge at the expected rate and other times take longer. How stable is your local household power system? Or is one battery consistently charging quickly while another is not?

2018-6-6
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Are you referring to batteries from Mavic Air or Mavic Pro?
2018-6-6
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Have you tried plugging into a different power source?  Maybe the outlet is bad?  Try another outlet somewhere else in the house trying for a different circuit.  Remember the batteries are the actual chargers the so called charger is just the power source.  
2018-6-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-6-6 15:58
If you have a multimeter handy you can compare the output of the charger to what it is supposed to be delivering in both volts and amperage.

Seems odd, though, that sometimes batteries charge at the expected rate and other times take longer. How stable is your local household power system? Or is one battery consistently charging quickly while another is not?

To check charger, need to check it under load.  A few ways to do it.  Best would be to monitor charger while it is actually doing its job.  Which would require wiring up a socket and jack to go between charger and battery base.  Could use a light bulb of proper voltage that pulls enough watts to place a load on charger.
2018-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules