12Next >
3003 41 2018-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse5c75c2f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I just purchased the new v2.0 PHV4Pro.  And on the few times I've taken it out, after a few minutes of shooting images, the live stream or live view locks up.  I can no longer control the camera...watch live view, or even snap pictures.  I have to land it and then reboot.  Taking it in to the shop I purchased it tomorrow...but curious if anyone else has had this issue?
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

I am sorry for the trouble. Can you please share it with us a short video so that we can further assess it. Thank you.
2018-6-6
Use props
fanse5c75c2f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-6 12:29
I am sorry for the trouble. Can you please share it with us a short video so that we can further assess it. Thank you.

Well there really is no 'video' to share.  The past few days, I've done several shoots where I was taking some still shots...one of a rancher's hay meadow and then today, the roof of a local school that is about to be re-roofed.  After about five minutes into the flight and taking pictures,  the camera or the live view seems to just freeze up.  I can no longer 'see what the camera is seeing'.  It just stays frozen on the last picture I snapped.
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fanse5c75c2f Posted at 2018-6-6 12:37
Well there really is no 'video' to share.  The past few days, I've done several shoots where I was taking some still shots...one of a rancher's hay meadow and then today, the roof of a local school that is about to be re-roofed.  After about five minutes into the flight and taking pictures,  the camera or the live view seems to just freeze up.  I can no longer 'see what the camera is seeing'.  It just stays frozen on the last picture I snapped.

Thank you for your response. How about a picture where we could review it?  
2018-6-6
Use props
fanse5c75c2f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-6 12:39
Thank you for your response. How about a picture where we could review it?

I guess I'm confused as to what the picture will tell you.  The last image taken looked fine.  It's a shot of the building.  But after the image was snapped...I lost the live view on my feed. I was unable to see what or where to point the camera for the next shot.
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fanse5c75c2f Posted at 2018-6-6 13:03
I guess I'm confused as to what the picture will tell you.  The last image taken looked fine.  It's a shot of the building.  But after the image was snapped...I lost the live view on my feed. I was unable to see what or where to point the camera for the next shot.

Is there an error showing up on the screen? Or how about the screenshot of what you are seeing? Thank you.
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sir, we're sorry to read your post. Just to verify, could the drone be controlled by the RC when the live view freezes? And which mobile device do you use? From your description, I'm afraid that it is hard to tell the exact status. You can change another open field without interference, test and check whether the channels are stable or not if this appears again. Please keep us posted, thanks!
2018-6-6
Use props
fanse5c75c2f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-6 23:59
Sir, we're sorry to read your post. Just to verify, could the drone be controlled by the RC when the live view freezes? And which mobile device do you use? From your description, I'm afraid that it is hard to tell the exact status. You can change another open field without interference, test and check whether the channels are stable or not if this appears again. Please keep us posted, thanks!

Yes....the drone could still be operated despite the live view lock up.  On one occasion, I used the RH feature to bring it back to me before landing manually.

I use an iPhone7+.  All firmware and apps are uptodate.

I'm not new to these.  I'm on my third generation of Phantoms...  I've never had this issue before.  And I just purchased the v2.0 a week ago.  

This seems to be hit and miss too.  I had gone to a school building around noon where a new roof will be installed. On several attempts to photograph, the camera locked up and I had to bring it back, and reboot to continue the shoot.

Later that day, I went back to try some video and flew from the front of the building.  No issues at all.  
2018-6-7
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

fanse5c75c2f Posted at 2018-6-7 03:40
Yes....the drone could still be operated despite the live view lock up.  On one occasion, I used the RH feature to bring it back to me before landing manually.

I use an iPhone7+.  All firmware and apps are uptodate.

Have you tried with a different SD card?
2018-6-7
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1357356 ft
  • >>>
United States

No expert here, but I would try and different mobile device if you have one. I don't think you mentioned that you have the Plus, just the Pro. P4PV2.0
2018-6-7
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>

Yep def try a different device....all bets are on your iphone 7....for instance my galaxy s9+ works great with p4p v2
2018-6-7
Use props
fanse5c75c2f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2018-6-7 04:33
Have you tried with a different SD card?

Yep.  First thing I did.
2018-6-7
Use props
fanse5c75c2f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2018-6-7 07:36
Yep def try a different device....all bets are on your iphone 7....for instance my galaxy s9+ works great with p4p v2

well...doesn't make sense that I'd need to go buy a new phone.  Been using my iPhones ever since I got my first Phantom 2's.  And at worst...perhaps a firmware correction is needed.  But not a new mobile device.
2018-6-7
Use props
fanse5c75c2f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

TheLazyC Posted at 2018-6-7 06:05
No expert here, but I would try and different mobile device if you have one. I don't think you mentioned that you have the Plus, just the Pro. P4PV2.0

So who goes out and buys a new phone when they purchase a new drone?  I've been using my iPhones since I started flying PHV2's
2018-6-7
Use props
ChrisLX200
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10184 ft
United Kingdom

fanse5c75c2f Posted at 2018-6-7 07:44
So who goes out and buys a new phone when they purchase a new drone?  I've been using my iPhones since I started flying PHV2's

er.. Me :-)   Well I needed an upgrade anyway (my excuse). Bought an iPhone 8 Plus 256GB to replace a model 6 SE with 32GB.
2018-6-7
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Try a new phone, not buy a new phone.  It is part of the video feed chain.  If another device works, you know to check on the apps loaded into the phone, the operating system the phone is using, the case it is in (overheating), etc.  My wife's iPhone 8 stops playing videos on one of its apps for no reason.  It is the only device in the video chain so I assume it is the phone even though it has worked before (the app has issues or something in the background or operating system (latest version)).

The remote and the drone/camera are also part of the video chain but checking if they are the problem requires sending them back to the repair center for a bench check and operational tests.

On the drone side, the user could reload the firmware and the app in case the original load didn't take.  Leaving you with some kind of memory leak or error build up.
2018-6-7
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>

In case  your phone turns out to be the issue, you may want to look at this thread.
It's old but I think still some good hints in there. Though it didn't solve by iPad Mini 4 issues ;-)

https://phantompilots.com/threads/how-to-optimize-apple-device-for-the-best-dji-go-app-performance.48388/
2018-6-7
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I didn't say buy, I said TRY!!!

The P4PV2.0 is not the same as the PV2, check out the list of approved/recommended mobile devices and make sure yours is on the list.

At least you can eliminate the mobile device as being the problem, could be DJI Go 4, don't know, but you reached out for help and that was only a suggestion.
2018-6-7
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

It sound crazy to me if you would need a new device just because of the P4P v.2.0, it look like you also have a v.1? and there should be no more load displaying the information from one versus the other imo, but looking forward to hear if you test and what outcome it has.
2018-6-8
Use props
fanse5c75c2f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

TheLazyC Posted at 2018-6-7 08:40
I didn't say buy, I said TRY!!!

The P4PV2.0 is not the same as the PV2, check out the list of approved/recommended mobile devices and make sure yours is on the list.

Well I just fast forwarding my thinking process and did not like the idea of having to change my mobile device...didn't mean to be snippy ;-)
2018-6-8
Use props
fanse5c75c2f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

So I went to the store in Frisco, TX where I purchased it and worked with their tech guy and owner trying to trouble shoot.  Of course it didn't do it for me when I was there, but....we do have a theory.  Oddly enough, an hour or two before I stopped by there, I was using my PHV4pro 1.0 and the same thing happened to me...live view froze up.  Never happened before with that unit.  
We did discover that my phone was heating up quite a bit after some lengthy flying and think that the case my phone is secured in, being used in this Texas heat, may be the issue.  So those who did suggest my mobile device may be on to something.  

I'll be trying some other options and experimenting more.
2018-6-8
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>

fanse5c75c2f Posted at 2018-6-8 05:42
So I went to the store in Frisco, TX where I purchased it and worked with their tech guy and owner trying to trouble shoot.  Of course it didn't do it for me when I was there, but....we do have a theory.  Oddly enough, an hour or two before I stopped by there, I was using my PHV4pro 1.0 and the same thing happened to me...live view froze up.  Never happened before with that unit.  
We did discover that my phone was heating up quite a bit after some lengthy flying and think that the case my phone is secured in, being used in this Texas heat, may be the issue.  So those who did suggest my mobile device may be on to something.  

Good luck and keep us posted!
2018-6-8
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fanse5c75c2f Posted at 2018-6-8 05:36
Well I just fast forwarding my thinking process and did not like the idea of having to change my mobile device...didn't mean to be snippy ;-)

I know it is frustrating when your stuff doesn't work. no harm done.

but that is a real easy test. just download the app to a friends phone or ipad or whatever is approved and give it a try and see if you get the same results.
2018-6-8
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>

Fanse5c75c2f see wasnt trying to bust stones! Also remember that when I device heats up the processor will throttle the device...which means poor performance doing anything with said device.... before you go out and buy a new device you should definitely try it without the case for a few flights. But yes your device could very well be the issue because of the Heat or The Way That device the slows down because of the heat....
2018-6-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

We did discover that my phone was heating up quite a bit after some lengthy flying and think that the case my phone is secured in, being used in this Texas heat, may be the issue.  So those who did suggest my mobile device may be on to something.  

Thanks for keeping us updated. Glad you have found some clues. Alternatively, you can also clean the mobile cache or reinstall the APP to see if there is any luck. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us.
2018-6-14
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17736 ft

I have noticed since my P4Pv2 RC is trying to charge my iPad Mini 4, the iPad Mini gets VERY hot.
2018-6-14
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

I myself was convinced I had a broken antenna or receiver, because when I tried my 4 year old Samsung tablet, I got the same result--frozen picture, green screen, blocks, etc.
Then I tried my Galaxy Note 5 and it worked perfectly with good video, responsive UI, etc.

The DJI GO 4 would not even install on my iPad. It said This application is not compatible with this hardware.
2018-6-14
Use props
fanse5c75c2f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-14 01:04
Thanks for keeping us updated. Glad you have found some clues. Alternatively, you can also clean the mobile cache or reinstall the APP to see if there is any luck. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us.

well, I'm still having issues.  The quick fix at this point when it locks up is to reboot the app while in flight.  Not the ideal choice but it works.  And I notice my phone is really heating up and I've never noticed that before.
2018-6-15
Use props
fanse5c75c2f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Mark Weiss Posted at 2018-6-14 13:32
I myself was convinced I had a broken antenna or receiver, because when I tried my 4 year old Samsung tablet, I got the same result--frozen picture, green screen, blocks, etc.
Then I tried my Galaxy Note 5 and it worked perfectly with good video, responsive UI, etc.

hmmm....not ready to switch mobile device yet.  But overheating is probably the issue and the lock up is the symptom.  Only thing is...have not noticed this happening when videoing.  Just still images.
2018-6-15
Use props
fanse5c75c2f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

ATJ Posted at 2018-6-14 01:17
I have noticed since my P4Pv2 RC is trying to charge my iPad Mini 4, the iPad Mini gets VERY hot.

yep.  I'm still having that issue.
2018-6-15
Use props
iamjustjohn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 995600 ft
United States

ATJ Posted at 2018-6-14 01:17

Charging? I thought you posted that how-to on disabling the charging feature of the V2.0 remote?
2018-6-15
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17736 ft

iamjustjohn Posted at 2018-6-15 17:44
Charging? I thought you posted that how-to on disabling the charging feature of the V2.0 remote?

I think I have figured out the solution for the RC Charging problem, https://forum.dji.com/thread-126700-1-1.html
2018-6-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fanse5c75c2f Posted at 2018-6-15 17:36
well, I'm still having issues.  The quick fix at this point when it locks up is to reboot the app while in flight.  Not the ideal choice but it works.  And I notice my phone is really heating up and I've never noticed that before.

All right. Does the issue appear in every flight? And what's the estimated altitude and altitude? Please kindly upload the screen recording of the freeze issue, we'd like to forward to our engineers for further analysis.
2018-6-22
Use props
fanse5c75c2f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-22 02:03
All right. Does the issue appear in every flight? And what's the estimated altitude and altitude? Please kindly upload the screen recording of the freeze issue, we'd like to forward to our engineers for further analysis.

I would have to say it happens nearly every time I'm out shooting.  I've yet to experience it when shooting video, just jpegs/raw images.  Did it again today.  Here's a screen shot after it froze up.  I've learned if I just reboot the app on my iPhone7+ ...while still in the air, it seems to take care of itself and is back to normal.  Obviously it's not the ideal situation.
2018-6-22
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Is it "only" the live feed that freeze or the entire app, do you still see the distance, height etc. being updated?
2018-6-23
Use props
fanse5c75c2f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-23 01:19
Is it "only" the live feed that freeze or the entire app, do you still see the distance, height etc. being updated?

everything locks up.
2018-6-27
Use props
fanse5c75c2f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I had another shoot yesterday.  After every second photo I snapped, I had to reboot the app after live view locked up.
2018-6-27
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Not sure what should say, as i read it it is "only" the app that freeze (#28), you restart the app not the phone right?
I suppose you can still take pictures and start/stop recordings using the remote only, right?
Have you tried lower the FPV transfer rate (if possible on V2.0) from the HD menu and does it make any difference?

It does sound like you would need another device, if not buying a new one then a loan from someone that has anything useful laying in a drawer. not into those devices but i assume that the iPad you're using is on the recommended list and thereby the developers need to fix something but it could take time.
One test that would tell a lot would be if you could get hold of a identical device just to test if it make a difference, if it does the conclusion would be that your device has a defect possibly caused by and triggered by heat.

Sorry for the many suggestions but to pinpoint a error like this a lot of testing would be needed specially when it is not a general error a lot of users experience.

If possible and not done already do some retrieval of the crash logs the app must generate and make the available for the developers by PM the location to one of the admins. That would be the best way to have some optimization done.
2018-6-27
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

I guess you are aware of this iOS thread, it is not that you're fighting against a known problem?
2018-6-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fanse5c75c2f Posted at 2018-6-22 15:31
I would have to say it happens nearly every time I'm out shooting.  I've yet to experience it when shooting video, just jpegs/raw images.  Did it again today.  Here's a screen shot after it froze up.  I've learned if I just reboot the app on my iPhone7+ ...while still in the air, it seems to take care of itself and is back to normal.  Obviously it's not the ideal situation.[view_image]

Thanks for the clarification. You may check the image transmission settings in APP and try to change to normal mode to see whether it helps.

Also, screen recording will be better to check the current status, you can enable it on your iPhone.
2018-6-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules