Head tracking with DJI Goggles RE + DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0
3649 5 2018-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fougasse
lvl.2
Flight distance : 303087 ft
France

So I don't manage to get head tracking to work on my DJI Goggles RE. I have the last firmware (1.0.4.0). I boot up the drone, I boot up the goggles, I can see what the drone sees through its camera. I slide down two fingers on the side, end up in a menu, select "head tracking gimbal", make sure it's blue. But the camera always points towards the same direction. I would expect that if I move my head horizontally or vertically, the camera would follow my moves and I'd see that. But nope, the camera is always pointing in the same direction, never moving a bit. Whether I fly or not. Using the controls to turn the camera around works fine though.

I was thinking it was some software bug because after all the DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 is brand new, but there doesn't seem to be a new firmware and other people don't seem to complain about that, so I'm starting to think either I'm doing something really wrong, or I'm having a hardware issue?

I also can't find the option to land with the goggles, which is annoying (almost led to an accident, the drone ended up cutting up grass...). Only the "return to home" option.

Everything works fine with the controller + phone. Am I missing something? Are my goggles defective? Are there bugs in the firmware?
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Fougasse, just to verify, did you connect the Goggles via the USB cable or wireless? It uses the wireless connection to link the drone and Goggles. Please refer to the tutorial below.
As for the auto landing, it is not available on DJI Goggles, you can try to toggle it on the app.
2018-6-6
Use props
fougasse
lvl.2
France

I used the USB connection to upgrade the firmware, but I'm using wireless when I'm trying to get head tracking to work.
2018-6-6
Use props
fougasse
lvl.2
France

fougasse Posted at 2018-6-6 21:59
I used the USB connection to upgrade the firmware, but I'm using wireless when I'm trying to get head tracking to work.

So I finally got it to work... Turns out, the goggles have to be wirelessly connected to the drone without being connected to the remote, and the remote has to be connected to a phone through USB. That's the only configuration in which head tracking seems to work.
2018-6-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fougasse Posted at 2018-6-9 10:31
So I finally got it to work... Turns out, the goggles have to be wirelessly connected to the drone without being connected to the remote, and the remote has to be connected to a phone through USB. That's the only configuration in which head tracking seems to work.

Thank you for getting back and glad to know that you'd got it worked. The correct connection between the Goggles and drone is the wireless connection. It is not supported and recommended connecting them via the USB cable.
2018-6-10
Use props
Todd Bender
New

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-6-10 00:53
Thank you for getting back and glad to know that you'd got it worked. The correct connection between the Goggles and drone is the wireless connection. It is not supported and recommended connecting them via the USB cable.

I’ve tried this set up with the phantom 4 pro v2 and I still have yet to get head tracking to work.
2020-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules