Mavic Air moving with gimbal wheel
23256 20 2018-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NIGHTHAWK1982
lvl.1
Flight distance : 433402 ft

Why does my Mavic Air move left and right when i spin the gimbal wheel up or down. I have done multiple rc calibrations but it still does the same thing. I try to figure things out on my own but this one stumps me. Any info is much appreciated and thanks in a advance.
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

I am sorry you are having issues with your Mavic Air. Let us try to troubleshoot this issue. Let us try to update the firmware of your Mavic Air. Then let us try to test the Mavic air if it will properly. Just in case that the firmware update will not work. Please send the drone in for repair. I will be sending you a link for you to file an online repair request.

https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2018-6-6
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Are you sure you are NOT touching the sticks inadverntly in any shape or form???
2018-6-6
Use props
Lololeebre
lvl.2
Flight distance : 347612 ft
Spain

I have the exact same issue. From Spain. Any ideas to help? It is dangerous to fly this way.
Everything is updated, batts, remote, crystalsky and mavic air.  Thank you!
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Lololeebre Posted at 2018-7-8 16:08
I have the exact same issue. From Spain. Any ideas to help? It is dangerous to fly this way.
Everything is updated, batts, remote, crystalsky and mavic air.  Thank you!

Hi, sorry to read on this, I would suggest downloading our DJI Assistant 2 to your computer then restore factory defaults and refresh the Mavic Air after that please reboot your aircraft and re-calibrate the IMU and compass, I would suggest using a mobile device as well to see if there will be changes. Kindly see the link for you to download the application.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads
2018-7-9
Use props
Lololeebre
lvl.2
Spain

Thank you!
I will do all this this week. I also have a crystalsky but I will do all the steps with the iPhone 8.
I will keep you informed.
2018-7-10
Use props
Lololeebre
lvl.2
Spain

Lololeebre Posted at 2018-7-10 02:54
Thank you!
I will do all this this week. I also have a crystalsky but I will do all the steps with the iPhone 8.
I will keep you informed.

Hi,
Thanks for you help!
I have finished doing all of it, but the issue is still there.
I have recorded this video:

2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Lololeebre Posted at 2018-7-11 13:54
Hi,
Thanks for you help!
I have finished doing all of it, but the issue is still there.

Hi, please try to calibrate the RC of your controller and once you already have done with this please check if you're aircraft gimbal will respond to your command using your gimbal wheel, please do not fly your aircraft if the issue will persist, it's better to send the unit to our facility for further evaluation. Kindly see the link in any case you need to contact our team.

https://www.dji.com/support

2018-7-12
Use props
Lololeebre
lvl.2
Spain

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-12 13:38
Hi, please try to calibrate the RC of your controller and once you already have done with this please check if you're aircraft gimbal will respond to your command using your gimbal wheel, please do not fly your aircraft if the issue will persist, it's better to send the unit to our facility for further evaluation. Kindly see the link in any case you need to contact our team.

https://www.dji.com/support

I did both things, calibrate the RC and send it to DJI.
Thank you Tony.
2018-7-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Lololeebre Posted at 2018-7-13 00:48
I did both things, calibrate the RC and send it to DJI.
Thank you Tony.

Sorry to know that we ended up sending the unit to our facility, rest assured that our team will check this scenario to determine what seems to be the reason why your aircraft responded differently when using gimbal wheel. Please keep us posted in any case that you need our help.
2018-7-15
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I don't have a Mavic Air but just asking does it have a setting to use the wheel for left and right in the settings?
2018-7-15
Use props
Lololeebre
lvl.2
Spain

rolling56 Posted at 2018-7-15 07:58
I don't have a Mavic Air but just asking does it have a setting to use the wheel for left and right in the settings?

No, but nice try. Thank you!
2018-7-16
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

For those seeing the Gimbal Wheel problem...
Was it this way from day your first flew Mavic Air?
If No, when did you first run into problem?
2018-7-16
Use props
Lololeebre
lvl.2
Spain

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-16 13:47
For those seeing the Gimbal Wheel problem...
Was it this way from day your first flew Mavic Air?
If No, when did you first run into problem?

I own and fly this MA since Feb.
The issue was a few weeks ago. (No updates involved).
2018-7-17
Use props
mark.edwards1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 119426 ft
United Kingdom

I have started to experience the same issue. Was talked through step by step guides as how to resolve the issue with the DJI chat support. This basically meant reconfiguring the drone and RC and updating.
Fixed issue for first flight after but issue has come back since. I noticed that the gimbal wheel on RC only made the drone move when it was some distance away, then the problem randomly stopped and was able to fly normally again. Noticed that the RC started beeping ( not a low battery warning ) .
Disappointing as I have lost all confidence in the drone and worry what malfunction it could have whilst in the air.
Not an isolated case and DJI need to amend this problem ASAP instead of referring people to the DJI assistant program.
2018-8-11
Use props
bodrumsurf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 194416 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

I have recently the same problem. It started by beeping remote control. Then the gimbal wheel start controlling the Drone. I m in Turkey and DJI does not have repair service here.
Dont know what to do? Please DJI we trust you in that case. HELP!!!
2018-11-21
Use props
djiuser_zLIxsYyCmCrx
New
Flight distance : 349209 ft
France

Hello,

I recently started having the same problem with my Mavic Air : when I move the gimbal wheel, the drone turns to left or right. I suppose it comes from the remote controller because I can impeach it by holding the corresponding stick slightly off the central position. But it is very annoying and disturbing when you try to concentrate on a flying object.

Is there a warranty cover for this case and a procedure for repair or replacement of the malfunctionning item ?

I really like my little MavAIRick and desperatly need it to work correctly again !

Thank you in advance,
2019-5-22
Use props
Djassi
New
Flight distance : 195531 ft
Cabo Verde

Hi,
You guys still seeing this issue? I recently experienced this same behavior. Thanks!
2019-7-9
Use props
Steve Carlson
New

Same issue here. Always have a problem with Dji. The guy from online chat was totally unaware of this problem. Sending it back. This is twice that I have to send the drone or some other componet.
2019-9-25
Use props
LMMPTR
New

United Kingdom

Dear DJI assistance,

I have noticed the same reported problem here: "my Mavic Air move left and right when I spin the gimbal wheel up or down."
I have performed several callibrations: IMU, Gimbal callibration and even I have already done a factory reset.
The same problem persists.

I have searched and apparently a lot of people is reporting this and there is no answer to solve this painful problem.

Can you help me out, please? Is there any solution for this issue?
2020-5-25
Use props
when its windy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 661086 ft
Mexico

I also have this problem. move gimbal results in gimbal moving up but also yaw to the right. very sketchy.   
2020-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules