RC update failed, now doesn't work, detected as Inspire 1.
959 6 2018-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wmo12
lvl.1
United States

This is a Phantom 4 (WM330A) with RC GL300C.

Firmware update for the remote failed. Now the RC turns on with only one press on the button, and the light is light blue/grey, and battery indicator flashes.

When I connect to tablet, the DJI Go4 new app shows a message saying I have to use the old version since it's detected as Inspire 1.

When I open the old DJI Go app, I don't have any options. It doesn't show as connected. Button just says How to connect

I already tried holding down the hamburger menu icon, to downgrade, but there's no firmwares available in the selection box.
2018-6-7
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

have you tried reinstall the Dji app ?
2018-6-7
Use props
wmo12
lvl.1
United States

Of course, right after posting I find the solution... Problem was the Android version of the app...

I downloaded the app to an iOS device instead. On iOS when holding the hamburger menu button, it let me select a version to download. Update to 1.8 was unsuccessful. But to the oldest version worked. So remote was OK again. It still didn't work to update to 1.8. But when opened up the flying interface, there was a notification that let me update to 1.9.x, and that worked fine!
2018-6-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

I am sorry to hear about having difficulty updating the firmware of your remote controller. Kindly follow these steps and let us know if this works on your end.

1. Turn on the remote controller - leave the aircraft off
2. Press and hold C1. C2, and the record button until you hear a beep and do not let go.
3. Press the wheel on the right side of the remote controller and do not let go of any button.
4. While holding the buttons turn OFF the remote controller
5. While holding the buttons turn ON the remote controller
6. Now update the remote controller.
2018-6-7
Use props
Phantoman
lvl.2

Sounds like finger yoga.
2018-6-7
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

wmo12 Posted at 2018-6-7 01:37
Of course, right after posting I find the solution... Problem was the Android version of the app...

Good to hear you got it sorted.
The way you have updated is the only method, the 'hamburger' icon is for rolling back to older if needed. But the RC should be good at V1.9.3 which is needed for the latest aircraft firmware releases.
2018-6-8
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

With Go ... whether 4 or not ... as I observe :

If you update and the link AC to RC is not finalised, when you start GO - it defaults to the Inspire 1 as first option in AC list.

Solution usually is to re-establish the AC - RC link.

Nigel
2018-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules