Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo mobile won't turn on but detected in Assistant
1220 6 2018-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
minimoo
lvl.1
Australia

I live in Australian and bought Osmo Mobile in U.S some time last year. I've had gimbal alignment problem from day 1 and didn't really think it was problem. After realising the issue I tried to get it serviced but there was no warranty applicable since it was purchased oversea. (sucks, right ?)

Well it was just a little bit of background, not real problem. Anyway I got it repaired and used once after I received and all alignment issue was gone, hooray ~

However when it drained all the battery I put it on charging (via the 3.5mm cable to the gimbal itself while battery was in) and CONFIRMED the charging light was on then I disconnected it from wall charger next day or so. After few days I wanted to use it but suddenly the unit wasn't going to turn on at all!!

I tried everything and did not find solution so I contacted DJI. They just "guessed" that the battery is dead and advised me to try a new battery so I trusted them and bought 2 new battery. Well none of them is working either and basically there's no LED light coming up or whatsoever.  However when I connect the unit to PC via 3.5mm - USB cable the DJI Assistant application detected the unit so I guess it's not completely dead.

Now I wasted money on 2 new batteries (well normally I don't need extra batter for my use) and feel like a dumb. I already read some other posts and YES I DID REMOVED THE PLASTIC FILM ON THE NEW BATTERIES

Is there any way I can hard reset the unit or something ?

2018-6-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry to read on this and the troubles that it caused since you've mentioned that we were able to use the assistant 2, did we manage to refresh the firmware or probably update it in any case that the unit is outdated? If possible upload a short video using google drive or dropbox and provide the link here for further investigation. Thank you.
2018-6-7
Use props
minimoo
lvl.1
Australia

Nope. It would only be detected in the Assistant but would not be able to refresh firmware as the unit is not turned on.
2018-6-7
Use props
minimoo
lvl.1
Australia

Here's URL to the video

2018-6-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thank you for providing the information, unfortunately, the best thing that we need to do is to send the unit to our facility for a further evaluation as well, once again we do apologize for the inconvenience.
2018-6-7
Use props
minimoo
lvl.1

Yes but since you guys have the worst warranty system I might have to pay for repair again ? This is joke. I just received it back from RMA
2018-6-7
Use props
minimoo
lvl.1

Plus cost of the postages & etc  I will end up paying for price of an Osmo Mobile 2 ......

2018-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules