Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Agras can explode in the air
3975 19 2018-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd531b75c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54065 ft
Brazil

We buy Agras with Scorpion Drones Miami (1 Agras, charger and 5 bateries) on  03/08/2018 and Started operations in Brazil Jaiba city region on 03/17/2018.

We used power generator (Hyuindai 7kva) to supply the Agras charger in the field every days.

We used the equipment only 2 months and have a problem with all the connectors on the left Hand, just and only in the left hand. We do not know why have this problem or what’s the reason to have this problem. We just used the equipment with official battery and official charger and have this problem and stopped our services with the customer.

So the problem is the Drone  battery's connector (Only in Hand Left) has leakage of metal parts and there is a phenomenon of melting using the correct equipment (official DJI product) in the correct conditions (AC Stablished) and is very danger flight in this condition, the connector will broke our can pull over the poles during the flight and explode in the air.

I don’t know if the problem is caused by the Drone or by the Charged but for sure the product have a problem and we stopped our service with the customer. So please authorize our dealer Scorpion Drone change the Drone and Batteries, or Drone Batteries and charger.

Who will have a professional posture and assume to solve the problem?

This a corporate company and service or one shop in the garage of the house????

2018-6-7
Use props
RICARDO CHEES
Second Officer

Peru

Hi Fansd5131b75c
I also bought an Agras, five batteries, and one charger last November from the dealer in Miami and had the same problem on the very day 1.  I took my Agras for its first test flight. No problem with batteries #1 and #2  but immediately after connecting the third battery, the drone went dead. So I started checking the battery #3 and the connections and found out that the drone XT90 Plug (at the left side) was burned, with the typical burned cable smell. The connector in the battery was also burned and deformed.  I sent a message and pictures directly from the field to the dealer informing about the situation, they replied me to change the burned port with a spare connector I had with the spares parts.  I change the port, under the dealer supervision and procedures approval, and, fortunately, no damage on the drone electronics.

I made a report for the dealer and to DJI, they accepted changing the battery under the guarantee but they didn't want to assume the delivery cost of sending it to my country. I will need to go to the store in Miami and pick up the battery by myself, spend a lot of money exporting it because as a dangerous good, you cannot bring it with you on the plane.  The problem is that I have to send back the damaged battery, but other than spending a lot of money re-exporting it, its impossible to discharge it because the plug is damaged and deformed. So I am stuck now with this problem costing me $500 plus the importation costs and taxes. I will not repair the battery locally because I may lose the guarantee in case of another incident.

The question now is if this failure happens in the middle of a flight, the drone will fall from the sky and crash. Who will make the investigation and decide was a manufacturer responsibility? DJI will send to your country an expert to decide the causes of the accident? Will they change the drone for a new one or reimburse your money?

BATERÍA:
Polymer Li-ion Battery
Model MG12000
S/N 9574170-12000-12-20
Shenzhen Herewin Technolgy Co. Ltd.

MG Inteligent Battery Charger” Model C03048D

Below some pictures from November 2017 incident.

2018-6-7
Use props
fansd531b75c
lvl.1
Brazil

RICARDO CHEES Posted at 2018-6-7 10:58
Hi Fansd5131b75c
I also bought an Agras, five batteries, and one charger last November from the dealer in Miami and had the same problem on the very day 1.  I took my Agras for its first test flight. No problem with batteries #1 and #2  but immediately after connecting the third battery, the drone went dead. So I started checking the battery #3 and the connections and found out that the drone XT90 Plug (at the left side) was burned, with the typical burned cable smell. The connector in the battery was also burned and deformed.  I sent a message and pictures directly from the field to the dealer informing about the situation, they replied me to change the burned port with a spare connector I had with the spares parts.  I change the port, under the dealer supervision and procedures approval, and, fortunately, no damage on the drone electronics.

Thanks a lot about your comments. This exactly i have.
Who is delaer in Miami? Scorpion? because to me him told me never se the problem.
I talking directly with a dji support to try solve the problem, I am requesting change all the equipmment.
See the batteries picture, can pull over the poles during the flight and explode

2018-6-7
Use props
RICARDO CHEES
Second Officer

Peru

fansd531b75c Posted at 2018-6-7 11:13
Thanks a lot about your comments. This exactly i have.
Who is delaer in Miami? Scorpion? because to me him told me never se the problem.
I talking directly with a dji support to try solve the problem, I am requesting change all the equipmment.

Wow!, seems to me that was a battery failure. Is the same Herewin MG-12000S type as mine?

Another issue with those batteries are the rubber belts. (see picture). These batteries are stored in a climate controlled environment so its impossible for the rubber to decay so quickly.

2018-6-7
Use props
RICARDO CHEES
Second Officer

Peru

How many times did this problem happen to you?  Was it during operating the drone?

Cuántas veces te ha sucedido este problema? Fue con el dron volando?
2018-6-7
Use props
fansd531b75c
lvl.1
Brazil

RICARDO CHEES Posted at 2018-6-7 11:47
How many times did this problem happen to you?  Was it during operating the drone?

Cuántas veces te ha sucedido este problema? Fue con el dron volando?

Todas las veces con el drone volando.
Si ha passado con 4 de las 5 baterias que comprei, con la otra bateria no hace mas carga y tene que cambiar.
2018-6-7
Use props
RICARDO CHEES
Second Officer

Peru

fansd531b75c Posted at 2018-6-7 12:33
Todas las veces con el drone volando.
Si ha passado con 4 de las 5 baterias que comprei, con la otra bateria no hace mas carga y tene que cambiar.

Asumo entonces que el problema podría estar en alguna conexión dentro del mismo dron, no creo que todas tus baterías hayan venido defectuosas. Tal vez pueda ser que el MG Intelligent Batterty Charger esté fallado y sobrecargue las baterías. Otra posibilidad, aunque dudo que sea el problema, es tu inverter generator (que debe ser de entre 1600 y 2000 W).  En mi caso, el día que tuve el incidente, había conectado el Charger al tomacorriente de mi oficina y no usé el generador externo.

I assume then that the problem may be with some connection within the same drone, I don't believe that all your batteries have come defective. Maybe the MG Intelligent Battery Charger may be faulty and overcharge the batteries. Another possibility, although I doubt it is the problem, is your inverter generator (should be between 1600 and 2000 W). In my case, the day I had the incident, I connected the Charger to the outlet at my office and charged the batteries and didn't use the inverter generator at all.
2018-6-7
Use props
RICARDO CHEES
Second Officer

Peru

El dron cayó en pleno vuelo? de qué altura? hubo daños en el Agras?

The drone fell down from the sky? at what altitude? Was the Agras damaged?
2018-6-7
Use props
RICARDO CHEES
Second Officer

Peru

A few more questions:
1) After the first incident, did you change the X90 port plug attached to the drone landing gear? Seems to me by the pictures you sent above, it wasn't damaged. If the plug wasn't damage, maybe the problem is not of the drone internal connections and cables. As is it not likely all four batteries came with a manufacturer defect, my guess is that the Charger may be the one causing the problems.
2) The incidents happened immediately after plugging the connectors or after taking off and flying for a while?
3) The failures were consecutive, I mean one after the other, or a few days passed between them.

Unas cuantas preguntas más:

1) Después del primer incidente, cambiaste el conector X90 ubicado en la pata del dron? por las fotos que enviaste más arriba pareciera que no está dañado. Si este plug X90 no se dañó en ningun momento podría ser que la causa no se encuentre en el interior de los cables y conexiones del mismo dron. Como no creo las 5 baterías te hayan venido defectuosas de fábrica, pienso el problema podría estar en el Charger.
2) Los incidentes sucedieron apenas conectaste la batería al dron o después de despegar y volar por unos minutos?
3) Las fallas fueron consecutivas, es decir una seguida inmediatamente de otra, o hubieron intrevalos de varios días entre ellos?
2018-6-7
Use props
fansd531b75c
lvl.1
Brazil

RICARDO CHEES Posted at 2018-6-7 12:58
Asumo entonces que el problema podría estar en alguna conexión dentro del mismo dron, no creo que todas tus baterías hayan venido defectuosas. Tal vez pueda ser que el MG Intelligent Batterty Charger esté fallado y sobrecargue las baterías. Otra posibilidad, aunque dudo que sea el problema, es tu inverter generator (que debe ser de entre 1600 y 2000 W).  En mi caso, el día que tuve el incidente, había conectado el Charger al tomacorriente de mi oficina y no usé el generador externo.

I assume then that the problem may be with some connection within the same drone, I don't believe that all your batteries have come defective. Maybe the MG Intelligent Battery Charger may be faulty and overcharge the batteries. Another possibility, although I doubt it is the problem, is your inverter generator (should be between 1600 and 2000 W). In my case, the day I had the incident, I connected the Charger to the outlet at my office and charged the batteries and didn't use the inverter generator at all.

no see si el problemas el con el Dron ó con el charger. No creo que es la bateria. El generador es a gasolina y esta estabilizado para la potencial ideal del charger, en el es posible mirar el mostrador que todo esta estabilizado y en charger tiene que trabajar como estabilizador.
Pero estoy hablando con DJI para cambiar todo, por dos veces mi drone si ha perdido la conexion con el control a una distancia de solo 5 metros y el drone no contesta los comandos del control y tanpouco regressa la base, tanbien muchas veces no tiene sinal de GPS.
Para mi la placa del drone tiene mas corriente do que necesita e por eso tene todos los problemas.

I do not know if the problem is with the Dron or with the charger. I do not think it's the battery. The generator is petrol and is stabilized for the ideal potential of the charger, it is possible to look at the counter that everything is stabilized and the charger has to work as a stabilizer.
But I'm talking to DJI to change everything, two times my drone has lost the connection to the control at a distance of only 5 meters and the drone does not answer the control commands and also returns to the home. sometimes it has no sinal of GPS.
For me, the drone board has more current that it needs and that's why it has all the problems.
2018-6-7
Use props
fansd531b75c
lvl.1
Brazil

RICARDO CHEES Posted at 2018-6-7 13:02
El dron cayó en pleno vuelo? de qué altura? hubo daños en el Agras?

The drone fell down from the sky? at what altitude? Was the Agras damaged?

No el control dije que la bateria esta caliente que tiene que regressar a la casa. Pero despues el conector esta pegado y no si puede sacar la bateria.

No i received the information about hight temperature in the control and I return the drone to home. But the the connector has glue with the baterie
2018-6-7
Use props
fansd531b75c
lvl.1
Brazil

RICARDO CHEES Posted at 2018-6-7 13:32
A few more questions:
1) After the first incident, did you change the X90 port plug attached to the drone landing gear? Seems to me by the pictures you sent above, it wasn't damaged. If the plug wasn't damage, maybe the problem is not of the drone internal connections and cables. As is it not likely all four batteries came with a manufacturer defect, my guess is that the Charger may be the one causing the problems.
2) The incidents happened immediately after plugging the connectors or after taking off and flying for a while?

1) Si cambie el conector y pasa lo miesmo, el problema no esta en el conector porque lo cambie y adentro no hay sinais de errores.

2) Despues de volar cercano de 3 minutos.

3) No fueron consecutivas, si mira los cables estan cada mas derretidos

1) If you change the connector and it happens the same, the problem is not in the connector because it changes it and in there are no errors.

2) After flying close to 3 minutes.

3) They were not consecutive, if you look at the cables they are more melted
2018-6-7
Use props
fansd531b75c
lvl.1
Brazil

RICARDO CHEES Posted at 2018-6-7 11:39
Wow!, seems to me that was a battery failure. Is the same Herewin MG-12000S type as mine?

Another issue with those batteries are the rubber belts. (see picture). These batteries are stored in a climate controlled environment so its impossible for the rubber to decay so quickly.

si MG-1200S, yo no ha tenido problemas con los cinturones.

Yes MG-1200S, I not have problems with the battery belt
2018-6-7
Use props
fansd531b75c
lvl.1
Brazil

Usted ha tenido desconexion de su drone ó perda del sinal del gps?

Do you lost conection with the remote control? are you lost gps sinal?
2018-6-7
Use props
RICARDO CHEES
Second Officer

Peru

Sucede cuando activas el RTH y el dron esta a menos de 20 metros del control que aterriza de forma automática donde se encuentre, Esto es normal y esta en el manual de operaciones, Esto es lo que pasa? porque es perfectamente normal. Lo puedes recuperar accionando los mandios.
2018-6-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are terribly sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product, thanks for bringing this to our attention, we care much about your feedback on our product, our support has contacted you via email for more data for further analysis, please reply at your most convenience and we will also keep following up this issue.
2018-6-8
Use props
RICARDO CHEES
Second Officer

Peru

You "lose" connection with the Agras when activating the RTH button?

According to the flight manual, when the Home Point (the Remote Control) is within a 20 meters radio distance from the drone and you trigger the RTH, the drone automatically descends vertically in that place. You can recover the drone by taking command of the aircraft.  It took me a while to find out this, I thought the drone wasn't responding.

2018-6-8
Use props
ORK01
lvl.1

Argentina

To avoid temperature ans short circuits into this switch I suggest you to pull out the 4 bronze parts as shown in the attached image to have a better contact between the cable battery switch and the drone battery switch. I recommend to do it in both cables switches of the drone   
2020-6-19
Use props
ORK01
lvl.1

Argentina

THIS WILL NOT FIX THE PROBLEM BUT WILL LET YOU FLIGHT MORE SAFETY, MANY TIMES REMOT CONTROL SOFTWARE ALERTS ABOUT HIGH TEMPERATURE IN THE CABLE CONNECTION OF THE BATTERIES, SO IN THAT CASES YOU HAVE TO LAND URGENTLY AND UNSWITCH THE BATTERY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. WHEN THIS CABLES AND SWITCHES ARE VERY BAD YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEMS DURING THE FLIGHT, BATTERY IS NOT RECOGNIZED BY THE AGRAS FLIGHT CONTROLLER AND YOU CAN CRASH IT
TAKE ARE MY FRIEND
2020-6-19
Use props
ORK01
lvl.1

Argentina

TAKE CARE!
2020-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules