Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-7 08:30
Mavic Air is way better :-)

Yes agree with that ,it cant even compare with Mavic pro
2018-6-7
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-7 11:40
What a bunch of Fanboys!  It's clearly obvious Parrot Anafi is better cause its New!!!

Lol you are a big fans of parrot  
2018-6-7
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Saw some reviews on it clearly stating this.  No OA.
2018-6-7
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-7 16:00

Oh thanks
2018-6-7
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-7 16:00

By the way if you have time come and read my other post thx!
2018-6-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Post by STRIDE8
2018-6-7
Use props
Skatehard
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41972 ft
United States

the Anafi does not have obstacle avoidance it's a joke..... Mavic Pro Rules
2018-6-7
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Skatehard Posted at 2018-6-7 16:40
the Anafi does not have obstacle avoidance it's a joke..... Mavic Pro Rules

lol
2018-6-7
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ordered an Anafi, so I will be able to compare.... soon.
Competition is a great thing!!

I see some new features on this bird that nobody else has.

They just may have beat DJI and Autel to the punch!
2018-6-7
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2018-6-7 18:50

Hoping DJI was just waiting for these to come out to make slight modifications to their already in the making MP2
2018-6-7
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

Did you already order the Autel Evo as well?  
2018-6-7
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-7 19:23
Did you already order the Autel Evo as well?

Yes. So, I now wait for 2 new birds.
2018-6-7
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2018-6-7 19:51
Yes. So, I now wait for 2 new birds.

Cannot wait to see your comparisons.  Will you be posting them here?
2018-6-7
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-7 19:53
Cannot wait to see your comparisons.  Will you be posting them here?

Sure. Hopefully DJI won't delete them!!
2018-6-7
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

Want to see how the Anafi perform. Is it more stable than MA in term of video signal, hardware and software. For the price this can be attracting if it fly good and won’t cause headache.
2018-6-7
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft

2018-6-7
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

STRIDE8 Posted at 2018-6-7 20:47
https://youtu.be/pSDwNfnDJIA

Lol thank that help a lot
2018-6-7
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Can't wait to read your post about it
2018-6-7
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Aeromirage Posted at 2018-6-7 20:04
Sure. Hopefully DJI won't delete them!!

Lol Dji won't delete it, it is our opinion about their product
2018-6-7
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

GDL Posted at 2018-6-7 20:10
Want to see how the Anafi perform. Is it more stable than MA in term of video signal, hardware and software. For the price this can be attracting if it fly good and won’t cause headache.

Ya I agree with that
2018-6-7
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Never a choice one over the other, every drone has specific purposes. I will get the Anafi when it is available simply for these reasons, No Embedded NFZ's, 180° vertical span gimbal, supposedly quieter than any of the DJI's, Dolly Zoom, 20 MP camera, 2.4 aperture, portability, USB charging.
Let me elaborate:

The Anafi includes a 21 MP camera, a 180-degree gimbal tilt, 4K HDR video at 30 FPS and 1080p HDR video at 60 FPS. Parrot has also mentioned that the Anafi will be able to zoom in up to 3 times (Smooth Zoom), but that full HD shots will only be able to be made at up to 2 zooms. The camera itself is able to both digitally and mechanically stabilize all captured photos.

The Anafi uses a 3-axis gimbal stabilization system with, as we just mentioned, 180 degrees of tilt. This allows for a much broader range of user freedom when it comes to getting the best shots possible, allowing for footage in the best directions.

The new FreeFlight 6 app will allow users to select 21 MP or 12 MP photos, as well as being able to adjust their video modes. One such video mode is hyper-lapse, which allows for speed footage at a rate of up to 240 times, slow-mo video, and even a high frame rate mode that allows users to film at a rate of up to 60 FPS.

Because the Anafi has a total of 4 antennas, each on the feet of the drone, as well as to the physical controller, maintaining a WiFi connection will be no trouble at all. What’s more, it also has a maximum transmission range of up to 2.4 miles and is able to switch between 2.4GHz, 5GHz, and even 10MHz bandwidths without you having to switch them.

The Anafi, on a single charge, has a maximum battery life of up to 25 minutes, which is charged using a USB-C, capable of fast charging. The smart battery used with the drone is able to detect when it’s running low and give the user a warning before it runs out. It can reach speeds of up to 32 MPH when in Sport Mode, and has a resistance to wind at up to an impressive 33 MPH.

Not an and/or situation simply another choice.

2018-6-9
Use props
Gaijin
lvl.2

Japan

I think to discredit the Parrot Anafi isn't exactly fair. Granted I think a more fair comparison would be to compare it to the AIR but even though, I would say these are my personal big + in getting the Anafi (already pre ordered).

1) Video is recorded at 100 Mbps (vs. 60 Mbps in the PRO)

2) That sweet, sweet gimbal... I know the third axle is electronic, but the ability to shoot up at 90 degrees makes my mouth wet.. Literally.  

3) Its light, I mean super light. Beyond actually being lighter, folding out the Anafi appears to be significantly easier than the Pro (and the AIR) for that matter.

Now granted the things I DONT like about it is: Wifi connection, lack of 1080 @ 120 fps, the controller (except for the fact that opens it up automatically turns it on, this is pretty cool)

Is it a PRO replacement? No. But as a second fiddle I find it to be very interesting. I would say I might even prefer it to the AIR (which I have been considering but now will wait till I get my hands on the Anafi)

Wait but there are no obstacle avoidance sensors!? (other than the one on the bottom for landing!) I really don't care. I tend to fly with them off so it doesn't bother me at all.

Hopes? I REALLY hope this kicks DJI into over gear and the rumors pan out with a Pro 2 release during  JUNE. I would buy that in a heart beat and that would blow this out of the water, no problem. However, I highly doubt that the Pro 2 will have this free form 180 degree gimble  so I still see myself wanting to use this drone if just for this feature.
2018-6-9
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

QuadKid Posted at 2018-6-9 01:45
Never a choice one over the other, every drone has specific purposes. I will get the Anafi when it is available simply for these reasons, No Embedded NFZ's, 180° vertical span gimbal, supposedly quieter than any of the DJI's, Dolly Zoom, 20 MP camera, 2.4 aperture, portability, USB charging.
Let me elaborate:

Wow that was f***ing loing btw thanks it help a lot
2018-6-9
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Gaijin Posted at 2018-6-9 02:42
I think to discredit the Parrot Anafi isn't exactly fair. Granted I think a more fair comparison would be to compare it to the AIR but even though, I would say these are my personal big + in getting the Anafi (already pre ordered).

1) Video is recorded at 100 Mbps (vs. 60 Mbps in the PRO)

Ya it's a bit unfair even the price point are different.
2018-6-9
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Autel just announced EVO's release date. Do we get to see a three ways gun fight with Anafi, EVO, and MP2?  
2018-6-12
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-6-12
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Maxi3D Posted at 2018-6-12 06:49
Autel just announced EVO's release date. Do we get to see a three ways gun fight with Anafi, EVO, and MP2?

Ya that maybe will happen but I think if dji release new product at the same time dji will have more chance of winning. Always choose dji.
2018-6-12
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

El Diablo Posted at 2018-6-12 07:18
Well, the Paroot is "potentially" stealing a 20% of DJI's market share. This is a kind of competition DJI didn't had before... perhaps this will "motivate" the company to fix some of the known issues and take customers a little more seriously...

Ya agree with that but I think parrot will take less than 20% cause Dji have more than 70% market in the world and there are lot more drone company out there.
2018-6-12
Use props
maddox
Captain

mavic pro for me
2018-6-12
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

You can better compare it with the EVO (dji clone with infrared sensors at the rear)
https://fccid.io/2AGNTEVORC58240 ... sers-Manual-3763726 = manual
but it look intresting , What is the response of dji new drone???
2018-6-12
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-6-13
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

jacksonnai Posted at 2018-6-7 15:50
Yes agree with that ,it cant even compare with Mavic pro

Here is the comparison

https://dronedj.com/2018/06/08/p ... -air-and-mavic-pro/
2018-6-13
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

QuadKid Posted at 2018-6-13 03:46
Here is the comparison

https://dronedj.com/2018/06/08/p ... -air-and-mavic-pro/

nice that help a lot !
2018-6-13
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

El Diablo Posted at 2018-6-13 01:00
We definetely don't know what impact the Anafi will have in Dji sales WW. It reality it might be much less than 20% but it is competition and so far Dji had none... Only Yuneec is making some kind of drones that can compete with Dji, Xiami / Mi also have something kind of alright but I believe Parrot is the 1st brand that will be able to bring the heat and if they step up their game (perhaps in a generation 2 of the Anafi, they are missing the colision sensors) they could threaten Dji feud and that will be good for us. Monopoles aren't good for the consumer.

ya that true !
2018-6-13
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

same as me
2018-6-13
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Jos A Posted at 2018-6-12 23:11
You can better compare it with the EVO (dji clone with infrared sensors at the rear)
https://fccid.io/2AGNTEVORC58240 ... sers-Manual-3763726 = manual
but it look intresting , What is the response of dji new drone???

well I think dji will come with more better drone
2018-6-13
Use props
Leonidaslee
lvl.2

Mavic Pro of course
2018-6-16
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

same as me
2018-6-17
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-7 07:14
Well being how no one owns a Parrot Anafi and can only go off of what has been shown out there.  And even then even if it was out there, there is NO WAY I would pick a Parrot over a MP.  I absolutely love my MP and would not want to downgrade by any means.  Really the Parrot is not even in the same ball park here.

No, No, No, it is not a competition it is an addition, the biggest asset is the freedom to choose where, when and how you fly. The cost of a drone whether it is a Parrot or Autel is negligible compared to the lost revenue due to mandated NFZ's that DJI imposes upon 107 pilots.

For Example: Had a supplemental wedding video/photo shoot that was in a DJI Authorized Zone (Yellow / Class C Airspace / Unregulated to 750' AGL), the highest I would have been flying was 75' AGL. The trees surrounding the venue were 80-100'. Contacted the ATC/Airport Operations, they had no problem with me flying providing I stayed within the GPS coordinates and maximum AGL reported to them.

I have learned over the years to check before providing a client a price, I went to the venue to test a dry run and as expected none of the DJI drones would allow take off. No client is going to wait 60-90 days for a service provider to get an FAA Waiver let alone trying to deal with DJI FLYSafe to get them to unlock the drone(s), so needless to say I had to inform the client that I would not be able to provide them this service, they said are you kidding me!

It is about time a company releases a drone that has a very adequate camera system and features as well as placing the responsibility of flight squarely on the shoulders of the PIC (Pilot in Command) where it should be. This one shoot cost me $900 USD in revenue ( and there have been others). NFZ's have nothing to do with safety and everything to do with DJI's liability.

Kudo's to Autell and Parrot for realizing this. I will not be dumping my DJI stuff as they all have a purpose and all are different from each other.
2018-6-17
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-6-17 13:29
No, No, No, it is not a competition it is an addition, the biggest asset is the freedom to choose where, when and how you fly. The cost of a drone whether it is a Parrot or Autel is negligible compared to the lost revenue due to mandated NFZ's that DJI imposes upon 107 pilots.

Got it and makes sense.  I agree that they should not mandate.  That is what is good about the Evo.

You can however unlock your MP to give yourself more freedom ;)  Not talking about the DJI way lol.  
2018-6-17
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules