1241 4 2018-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JBSonic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In the below video I give a quick example of how to produce very stable, yet up to over 3000% playback speed hyperlapses, compressing around 20min of flight into little under 20 seconds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14lzDLweO4Q
Instead of using image sequences I use video recording with a flat image profile. The reason for this is the lack of movement data available in the image sequence. We need as many images as possible in order to post stabilise the footage to near 0 X Y movements.
Difficulty of achieving stable motion is the type of 'shake' present in the footage played at very high speeds (upwards of 3000%), as in the motion is heavily affected my slow up and down movements caused by the aircraft air density sensor. This sensor is used to determine altitude, by measuring air pressure.  The air pressure changes over time and during gusts of wind slightly, this means the drone's flight path effectively raises and loweres itself during flight as part of the altitude hold function. This is not noticeable during flight, but very noticable in a hyperlapse. Image similarity stabilisation with mutiple passes achieves the desried stable image here while post processing gives the image a nice look.
2018-6-7
Use props
MWitarsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2058179 ft
Brazil

It looks very stable. How did you get it?
2018-6-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Very nice piece of work
2018-6-7
Use props
JBSonic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MWitarsa Posted at 2018-6-7 09:46
It looks very stable. How did you get it?

A lot of stabilisation in post!
2018-6-7
Use props
MWitarsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2058179 ft
Brazil

JBSonic Posted at 2018-6-7 10:58
A lot of stabilisation in post!

And how did you make the stabilization on post ? what software and procedure?
2018-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules