should new 3.8 IMU zen update be applied
2981 23 2014-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

I see the IMU zen update relates to the new controllers. Should it be applied to the existing models without the extra wheel feature? ( IE: are there other tweaks in this update for the non wheel version anyway?)
2014-11-1
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

Yes you can update it will not cause any issues. And yes there are related software to your existing hardware.
2014-11-1
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-11-2 06:29
Yes you can update it will not cause any issues. And yes there are related software to your existing ...

thanks HD-ultra. Any idea what those changes might be? (still scared of stuffing it up!)
2014-11-1
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

Better gimbal control,  and 7th channel for the camera tilt. Also added new functions for the new RC.
2014-11-2
Use props
DJI-MS
lvl.2

China

Yes. It's also applied.
2014-11-4
Use props
aerialpicturean
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1322064 ft
South Africa

Hi , I asked the same question the other day and this is the reply I got from DingC from DJI:

"You dont have to upgrade Zen IMU firwmare if you are still using the old Phantom RC. The new update is dedicated for the left dial control on the new Phantom RC."

So, what now?
2014-11-5
Use props
DJI-Tenna
lvl.2

China

aerialpicturean Posted at 2014-11-5 21:37
Hi , I asked the same question the other day and this is the reply I got from DingC from DJI:

"You  ...

Both the old and new RCs could work under the new firmwares. Just remember to select the correct RC version accordingly in the Assistant Software.
2014-11-6
Use props
aerialpicturean
lvl.2
South Africa

"could work"

Does that mean you are not sure?
2014-11-6
Use props
DJI-Tenna
lvl.2

China

aerialpicturean Posted at 2014-11-6 20:14
Does that mean you are not sure?

Sir, you could have a try for look
2014-11-6
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

DJI-Tenna Posted at 2014-11-7 09:47

Well, I,m not sure that drops into the category of sound technical support!!! However I did do the upgrade and it does not appear to have caused any other problems so far.  I have yet to do an extended flight trial, but on the short flight I did all seemed OK.
2014-11-6
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not sure if you are all up to date on this but I'll add just in case.

The older firmware is ONLY for the tilt lever (old controller 7th channel). The new Zen IMU firmware is ONLY for the new tilt dial controller. One will not work with the other, or vice versa. And I do not think there is a way to go back once you update.

The problem is with the tilt dial being spring loaded and returning to middle position when you let go. The lever does not do this. It takes 2 different firmware's to allow each one to work properly. And it has NOTHING to do with your selection of "Basic" or "Upgrade" in the assistant software.

Hope it's not too late, and I hope this helped!
2014-11-8
Use props
aerialpicturean
lvl.2
South Africa

Thanks, I'll leave the IMU Zen update for now. I still have the old PV2+ controller without tilt or levers.
I tilt on my phone app. and it works for now!
2014-11-11
Use props
aerialpicturean
lvl.2
South Africa

Untill I can get a proper answer, at least.
2014-11-11
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

aerialpicturean Posted at 2014-11-11 18:52
Thanks, I'll leave the IMU Zen update for now. I still have the old PV2+ controller without tilt o ...

Same here, but I did the update anyway and it did not cause any problems.
2014-11-11
Use props
silentav8r
lvl.1

United States

Mine failed during the update. No idea why. Screen simply said "Update failed. Cucle power and try again".  I cycled power and now my gimbal (Vision+) is dead. DJI finally told me to send the gimbal back in. very frustrating.
2014-11-11
Use props
syedfaiq_747
lvl.1

Malaysia

DJI-Tenna Posted at 2014-11-6 19:43
Both the old and new RCs could work under the new firmwares. Just remember to select the correct R ...

Mine is using old RC, did the zen imu update,  choose RC-Basic version.... the result, pitch lever wont work anymore, pitch only can be control via vision apps.

any advise?
2014-11-18
Use props
syedfaiq_747
lvl.1

Malaysia

Tony@CVP Posted at 2014-11-9 09:38
Not sure if you are all up to date on this but I'll add just in case.

The older firmware is ONLY fo ...

You are right.

I am using old RC and done the zen imu update, the pitch lever wont work anymore. Mentioned above there is no way back.

I really want to downgrade/reset my zen imu back so I can use pitch lever with my old RC.

Hope someone know the trick.........
2014-11-18
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

syedfaiq_747@ya Posted at 2014-11-19 15:01
You are right.

I am using old RC and done the zen imu update, the pitch lever wont work anymore.  ...

Unfortunately everything I am hearing, there is no downgrade. Let us know if you find anything out!
2014-11-19
Use props
syedfaiq_747
lvl.1

Singapore

Tony@CVP Posted at 2014-11-20 05:27
Unfortunately everything I am hearing, there is no downgrade. Let us know if you find anything out ...

I am still looking in the forum, utube, but seems nobody knows how to downgrade the ZEN IMU.

Hope DJI will respond to this.
2014-11-19
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

They have responded in another thread on this forum and said it can not be downgraded. But things can change, I am sure.
2014-11-19
Use props
ydavicosta
lvl.1

Brazil

I have the same problem!
My gimbal of PV2+ is death after the update Zen Imu.
Where are DJI to solve this problem????
2014-12-15
Use props
brac010
New

United States

ydavicosta Posted at 2014-12-15 21:44
I have the same problem!
My gimbal of PV2+ is death after the update Zen Imu.
Where are DJI to solve ...

same here.    Limp Gimbal on P2V+ after upgrade.   
2015-1-19
Use props
abowser.email
New

Canada

Tried to fix a unresponsive gimbal issue by reloading the firmwares and recalibrating stuff... The Zen IMU firmware failed, now it says firmware 0.0.0.0 - trying to update the firmware always gives me an error that it can't be applied, and to power cycle. Tried both PC and Mac, still won't work. Also, it's very finicky if the Zen IMU even shows up in the list of my hardware in the application. I have a feeling I'll be sending it in :/
2015-1-26
Use props
ydavicosta.gmai
lvl.1

Brazil

Nothing!
And DJI sleeping!
2015-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules