Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Noctilucent Clouds
1929 42 2018-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChrisJG
Captain
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>

@DMX_MT Sorry just seen. I practice Astronomy in the Winter because it gets darker earlier and for longer. The summer months are filled with long days and short nights with little darkness. ;-)  
2018-8-31
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

ChrisJG Posted at 2018-8-31 01:19
@DMX_MT Sorry just seen. I practice Astronomy in the Winter because it gets darker earlier and for longer. The summer months are filled with long days and short nights with little darkness. ;-)

I heard today that European Union will remove the Winter Hours and keep the Summer Hours only, was in the News today.

I remember in UK in Summer it used to get dark at around 10:30pm / 11:00pm in London. I think going North it gets dark even later right ?

2018-8-31
Use props
ChrisJG
Captain
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-8-31 03:10
I heard today that European Union will remove the Winter Hours and keep the Summer Hours only, was in the News today.

I remember in UK in Summer it used to get dark at around 10:30pm / 11:00pm in London. I think going North it gets dark even later right ?

Yes, hence British Summer Time where the clocks “spring” forward in the Spring and “fall” back in Autumn. The EU may well abandon the practice, it will be yet another thing for our government to mess up as they try and sort out Brexit.
That said, the Winter will still get the long, cold, crisp dark nights that we astronomers enjoy; nit even the EU can foul that up
2018-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules