1742 29 2018-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheLazyC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1357356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't understand why DJI Go 4 requires to you SIGN IN, then makes you type in those stupid charactor codes and SIGN IN again.

I just do not see the purpose in that, makes absolutiong no sense.
2018-6-7
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Ken,

DJI has suffered some serious hacking incidents in the recent past.  Even their "stupid character codes" have had problems (happened to me!).  They have even had to stop downgrades to some firmware because of the hacking.  Real problems and some DJI customers were seriously affected by it all.  They were not happy at all just like the rest of the world when hackers ruin it for everyone.  How is your ID protection?  We cannot be too careful anymore.

I am also going through some of these issues.  There is also the new European Union regulation that is or has gone into effect and there may be some sort of overlap.  I am just riding out the storm and hoping DJI can get back on track enough for things to return to as normal as a cutting edge technology can get.  BTW, being a cutting edge technology makes them a preferred target for hackers.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-6-7
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

It makes you sign in each time you try and fly?
2018-6-7
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I don't have to sign in to fly or to prepare to fly, but I don't use Go 4, I use the original Go.  

2018-6-7
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Why not just stay logged in?
2018-6-7
Use props
S.D. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pet Peeve? when a newbie crashes their drone and blames the drone and everybody else but themselves.
2018-6-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

There by: Removing the bots amongst us. Haha

This forum was getting some horrible SPAM recently. From a love lorn East Indian source.
Hot spicy, Punjabi Relationship sauce...

RedHotPoker
2018-6-7
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hurley1718 Posted at 2018-6-7 16:22

Yes, I have to sign in with email address and password, then it pops up with the characters that are hard to read, especially when you are out doors fighting the sun and enter those then sign in again.
2018-6-7
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-6-7 17:16
I don't have to sign in to fly or to prepare to fly, but I don't use Go 4, I use the original Go.

This is on the DJI Go 4 app for iPad
2018-6-7
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Well, it would be nice if it would use the facial recognition or finger printer reader on the iPhone and iPads, that would be better than those hard to ready characters....
2018-6-7
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It shouldnt do it every time, perhaps if the app has updated since your last flight but only then.
2018-6-7
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 2018-6-7 19:07
It shouldnt do it every time, perhaps if the app has updated since your last flight but only then.

I have only had it since last Friday, but it makes me log in every time I open the app.
2018-6-7
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hurley1718 Posted at 2018-6-7 16:22

Aloha Hurley,

Upon occasion.  But, I usually figure out the issue and resolve it just like I try to do here for other members of the Forum.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-6-7
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2018-6-7 19:18
Aloha Hurley,

Upon occasion.  But, I usually figure out the issue and resolve it just like I try to do here for other members of the Forum.

That is odd. I logged in once and it has never asked me for it since. That would be very frustrating to have to sign in each time I want to fly.
2018-6-7
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

TheLazyC Posted at 2018-6-7 19:00
Yes, I have to sign in with email address and password, then it pops up with the characters that are hard to read, especially when you are out doors fighting the sun and enter those then sign in again.

Aloha Ken,

BTW, if you click on the character choice box, the character choice will change.  If the character choice does not change, then you are dealing with hacked software.  Report it to DJI immediately.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-6-7
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

TheLazyC Posted at 2018-6-7 19:08
I have only had it since last Friday, but it makes me log in every time I open the app.

Aloha Ken,

Yup!  That is what happened to me.  But, I had not flown for a while and there were app updates and firmware updates.  Each time I restarted the flight network, I had to sign in.  One time I had to take the test again!  No problem.  I like to fly the latest firmware and app updates.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-6-7
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2018-6-7 19:26
Aloha Ken,

Yup!  That is what happened to me.  But, I had not flown for a while and there were app updates and firmware updates.  Each time I restarted the flight network, I had to sign in.  One time I had to take the test again!  No problem.  I like to fly the latest firmware and app updates.

Oh, yeah. I haven't mentioned that. It always ask me if I want to take the test. No I don't want to take the test. I am a licensed Remote Pilot, I have already taken the test and I do Biannual Flight Reviews and stay current with all things aviation related...
2018-6-7
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hurley1718 Posted at 2018-6-7 19:20
That is odd. I logged in once and it has never asked me for it since. That would be very frustrating to have to sign in each time I want to fly.

Aloha Hurley,

Yes, it is odd.  But, I restart my system repeatedly to get the process over with so I do not have to encounter it all the time.  Once I get over these hurdles, I almost never get queried again.  But when it happens, I do not let it bother me.  I just work through it.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-6-7
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TheLazyC Posted at 2018-6-7 19:31
Oh, yeah. I haven't mentioned that. It always ask me if I want to take the test. No I don't want to take the test. I am a licensed Remote Pilot, I have already taken the test and I do Biannual Flight Reviews and stay current with all things aviation related...

and that is why, btw, you WILL have to take the test, you can only cancel it so many times before you are grounded!!
2018-6-7
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

TheLazyC Posted at 2018-6-7 19:31

Aloha Ken,

Oh, sorry, but you will have to take the test.  Your certification is between the FAA and you.  The test is between you and DJI.  Different systems and they do not overlap.  If you refuse to take the test, DJI will refuse to let you fly.  And BTW, you have already agreed that DJI can do that so you have to take the test or not fly.  

You have also already agreed to arbitration should you disagree with DJI about this issue.  There will be no class action lawsuit because you agreed not to participate in one.  So, you will spend time and maybe money to learn this but you will learn that this is how it works with DJI and for almost all technology companies, Samsung, Apple, Microsoft, etc.  

Remember, just like the software in your computers, tablets and phones, you may own the hardware but the software that makes it work is leased from the company that made it.  They own and control the software.  You either go along with their requirements or they are allowed to stop you from using their software.  In order to use the software, you have to have already agreed to their "terms of service".

Think of all the flying time you will be wasting by not going along with standard operating procedures in the modern world that use those agreements you always agree with.  You may want to read one sometime (or skim one).  They are interesting.  So, if you want to fly the machine, you have to follow the rules.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-6-7
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2018-6-7 19:49
Aloha Ken,

Oh, sorry, but you will have to take the test.  Your certification is between the FAA and you.  The test is between you and DJI.  Different systems and they do not overlap.  If you refuse to take the test, DJI will refuse to let you fly.  And BTW, you have already agreed that DJI can do that so you have to take the test or not fly.  

Well, I understand and I guess I disagree but will conform. I do not think DJI should regulate as much as they do. That puts them in an awkward liability position when something happens that could relate back to how they regulated something.

So back to the test, how can I take it on MY terms when i want to? When I am ready to fly, I do not want to be delayed because of the test. I want to be sitting at home and take test so when I go out, that is behind me.
2018-6-8
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

TheLazyC Posted at 2018-6-8 03:19
Well, I understand and I guess I disagree but will conform. I do not think DJI should regulate as much as they do. That puts them in an awkward liability position when something happens that could relate back to how they regulated something.

So back to the test, how can I take it on MY terms when i want to? When I am ready to fly, I do not want to be delayed because of the test. I want to be sitting at home and take test so when I go out, that is behind me.

Aloha Ken,

The test is nothing like that.  All you do is tap that you will take the test, it is 9 questions that are very easy.  But as you note, your correct answers indicate that you understand the liability issues involved in flying DJI products.

The whole thing is over in a minute or two.  I have taken it three or four times by now and it is mostly the same questions.  Very easy but important for liability issues as you note.  (Originally I thought they had missed me somehow but I guess they made up for lost time!)

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-6-8
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2018-6-8 12:23
Aloha Ken,

The test is nothing like that.  All you do is tap that you will take the test, it is 9 questions that are very easy.  But as you note, your correct answers indicate that you understand the liability issues involved in flying DJI products.

Is there a way to go take it now without being prompted?
2018-6-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Who hasn’t written the comprehensive challenge?

It was actually fun, short little drone quiz.

If you didn’t get 100%, sell your flight kit!! ;-)
As you Sir, are a danger to thee innocent society. Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2018-6-8
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

TheLazyC Posted at 2018-6-8 12:47
Is there a way to go take it now without being prompted?

Aloha Ken,

Unfortunately, no, at least I have not figured out a way.  The way I handle most of the DJI liability and firmware interruptions is to start everything up for one or two nights before a possible flight.  That way, whatever needs to be downloaded or test taken, etc., can get done before it can interfere with a planned flight.

The test is offered five or six times before you get locked down.  If you turn it down a couple times, then it is quite predictable that the next time you set things up to fly, you will be queried about taking the test.  If that is the night before the flight, then you can get it out of the way without it interfering with your flight.  That is the best I can offer for a solution like you indicate you would like.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-6-8
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2018-6-8 14:46
Aloha Ken,

Unfortunately, no, at least I have not figured out a way.  The way I handle most of the DJI liability and firmware interruptions is to start everything up for one or two nights before a possible flight.  That way, whatever needs to be downloaded or test taken, etc., can get done before it can interfere with a planned flight.

So are firmware updates mandatory? I normally do not update firmware unless it includes some neat new features or to fix a problem I am having.
2018-6-8
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

TheLazyC Posted at 2018-6-8 16:49
So are firmware updates mandatory? I normally do not update firmware unless it includes some neat new features or to fix a problem I am having.

No, they are not. But you must go to some lengths to make sure you are not forced to update. One thing most people do not realise is that if the DJI Go App on your phone or tablet automatically updates, it can then require you to update the RC unit, Aircraft or even battery. So to prevent this, you must disable automatic updates of the Go App in your phone settings. As a matter of fact, my iPad Air 2 is disabled from ANY updates at all.
2018-6-8
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-6-8 16:55
No, they are not. But you must go to some lengths to make sure you are not forced to update. One thing most people do not realise is that if the DJI Go App on your phone or tablet automatically updates, it can then require you to update the RC unit, Aircraft or even battery. So to prevent this, you must disable automatic updates of the Go App in your phone settings. As a matter of fact, my iPad Air 2 is disabled from ANY updates at all.

Good tip. I will be sure to turn updates off on my iPad and the same for my iPhone
2018-6-8
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

TheLazyC Posted at 2018-6-8 16:49

Aloha Ken,

Geebax has provided some good information.  Think about it since it will affect much of your flying.

If you do not know how to disable these updates try checking it on Google, YouTube and other Internet sources.  

I am one of those fliers that tries to pace myself.  I like to be up-to-date but I am not in a rush to do so.  To me, the knowledge gained from using the latest app version and firmware allows me to help others better.  

If I have a problem with the app or firmware, I am in a unique situation to solve the problem.  I live with a 25 percent Chinese population so I know how to get help without being offensive.  The cultural differences here in Hawai'i really make for a good learning experience.  In a Technical World with a Global Economy, it comes in handy when "yes" really means "no".

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-6-8
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2018-6-8 16:55
No, they are not. But you must go to some lengths to make sure you are not forced to update. One thing most people do not realise is that if the DJI Go App on your phone or tablet automatically updates, it can then require you to update the RC unit, Aircraft or even battery. So to prevent this, you must disable automatic updates of the Go App in your phone settings. As a matter of fact, my iPad Air 2 is disabled from ANY updates at all.

For android users you can do this from the play store, just go to the app on there and click the dots in the top right
2018-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules