Downward sensor is abnormal
5724 7 2018-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mzis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82362 ft
Latvia

Hello. Getting this message everytime flying my brand new drone.

Message states: “ the downward sensor is abnormal causing thre aircraft unstable at low altitudes. Please land immediatly and fly with causion”
But landind is ok. When trying to cut motors it shakes for a bit. Not sure if it is ok.
2018-6-8
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Have you completed all the calibrations using Assistant 2 yet? Vision Positioning, IMU, Gimbal? These need to be done on initial activation and after FW updates.
2018-6-8
Use props
PowerBand1
lvl.3

Australia

QuadKid Posted at 2018-6-8 02:33
Have you completed all the calibrations using Assistant 2 yet? Vision Positioning, IMU, Gimbal? These need to be done on initial activation and after FW updates.

I had this same message on my P4, I blew out sensor with compressed air and it fixed the issue.
2018-6-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello. We apologize that you're having issues with your drone. Please do this calibration:
2018-6-8
Use props
jholli99
lvl.1
Flight distance : 220322 ft
United States

I have a Phantom 4 that is 14 months old. I started getting the same "downward sensor is abnormal" error and did the recalibration yesterday only to have the same problem again today. This has happened a couple of other times as well but resolved. I did do the DJI GO 4 app update on 6/10 but I am not sure if that is causing the problem. When I landed and took off again it was fine until mid way through the flight when the error message came up on the screen. Then the rear facing lights change from flashing green to solid red. There is no firmware update available. Any help is much appreciated.
2018-6-18
Use props
Jiradet
lvl.1
Flight distance : 123960 ft
Thailand

I have same problem and I calibrated Vision system already.
2018-7-17
Use props
fansaef89c13
New
Flight distance : 28215 ft

Germany

Hello Wanda,
I wish DJI resolve this problem soon. As I am many other DJI users are suffering into it .
2018-7-30
Use props
DJIJAKOB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Always make sure the downward sensors are clear of any dust that can interfere with the signal. I also suggest calibrating like #4 suggested. If not I'd recommend you open a case with DJI Support.
2018-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules