For iOS

2018-6-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GREAT! Lets hope it has fixed point of interest disabling the function and customisable button and only being able to use these functions on MA RC by reinstalling the app - fingers crossed!
2018-6-8
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

so let's wait for more detailed list of what was done ;)
2018-6-8
Use props
Vidjcb
First Officer
Flight distance : 13649508 ft
  • >>>
United States

Would be great having more details about the improvements
2018-6-8
Use props
chiplifter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Netherlands

Vidjcb Posted at 2018-6-8 03:17
Would be great having more details about the improvements

That must be jun-8 in the topic header.
2018-6-8
Use props
Vidjcb
First Officer
Flight distance : 13649508 ft
  • >>>
United States

chiplifter Posted at 2018-6-8 03:21
That must be jun-8 in the topic header.

Awesome! Thanks a lot
2018-6-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well I've just updated my iPhone 7 plus to GO4 v.20 and connected the phone to the RC and switched on the AC... Had to reset my function and C buttons in the app but everything else was as before in terms of the settings. All looks good so far. I'll fly the MA this evening and test POI to see if that's been fixed.
2018-6-8
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-8 04:05
Well I've just updated my iPhone 7 plus to GO4 v.20 and connected the phone to the RC and switched on the AC... Had to reset my function and C buttons in the app but everything else was as before in terms of the settings. All looks good so far. I'll fly the MA this evening and test POI to see if that's been fixed.

This may be the release to fix the problem that people have been having with their function keys.  Good luck!   

The andriod app is still at 4.2.16.  I'm not in a real hurry to update it though.  I'll wait to see what peoples results are on the IOS side, and then probably still wait at least a week after the official android release, before i jump in.   Since i'm not having any problems now, i'd like to NOT upset that.
2018-6-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

3-D Posted at 2018-6-8 04:10
This may be the release to fix the problem that people have been having with their function keys.  Good luck!   

The andriod app is still at 4.2.16.  I'm not in a real hurry to update it though.  I'll wait to see what peoples results are on the IOS side, and then probably still wait at least a week after the official android release, before i jump in.   Since i'm not having any problems now, i'd like to NOT upset that.

I believe the POI issue was on IOS devices anyway which is why there is no update for Android I guess. All looks good so far!
2018-6-8
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-8 04:16
I believe the POI issue was on IOS devices anyway which is why there is no update for Android I guess. All looks good so far!

Oh.  cool.  Yeah, My issues with POI are completely pilot related.  Meaning the mode works just fine.  i just can't seem to get in the right spot to capture the subject properly!
2018-6-8
Use props
chiplifter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Netherlands

Vidjcb Posted at 2018-6-8 03:31
Awesome! Thanks a lot

you are welcome.
2018-6-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

3-D Posted at 2018-6-8 04:28
Oh.  cool.  Yeah, My issues with POI are completely pilot related.  Meaning the mode works just fine.  i just can't seem to get in the right spot to capture the subject properly!

That's different! After doing a POI with an IOS device on GO4 v.16 the function and C buttons no longer work and the only way to get them to be responsive again it to totally delete and reinstall the app. Fingers crossed v.20 has fixed that - which is the only glitch I had with my MA.
2018-6-8
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-8 04:30
That's different! After doing a POI with an IOS device on GO4 v.16 the function and C buttons no longer work and the only way to get them to be responsive again it to totally delete and reinstall the app. Fingers crossed v.20 has fixed that - which is the only glitch I had with my MA.

I hope so!  Good luck!
2018-6-8
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

I going to wait for feedback before updating.
2018-6-8
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Ok I will be testing POI which was the big problem for a lot of us as well as all the other intelligent flight modes.  I will be testing here in a little while and will report back in here and in my thread.  
2018-6-8
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

3-D Posted at 2018-6-8 04:28

I too had this problem originally.  What you want to do is fly directly over the object then record poi.  At that point back up however far you want then you have it go.  I had to watch a tutorial to figure out POI lol.  
2018-6-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-8 05:10
Ok I will be testing POI which was the big problem for a lot of us as well as all the other intelligent flight modes.  I will be testing here in a little while and will report back in here and in my thread.

Look forward to your results mate - keep the drone close to you and your finger over the X-pause button on the RC during the POI - just in case!
2018-6-8
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-8 05:11
I too had this problem originally.  What you want to do is fly directly over the object then record poi.  At that point back up however far you want then you have it go.  I had to watch a tutorial to figure out POI lol.

Fly directly over, and point the camera straight down over the subject?

When I tried it, i told me to do that, then when i selected the subject, i had to select the radius of the circle, but it just didn't keep the subject in frame properly.  I'm sure I did something wrong, so i'm not complaining.  I'll see if i can find that tutorial.
2018-6-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

3-D Posted at 2018-6-8 05:19
Fly directly over, and point the camera straight down over the subject?

When I tried it, i told me to do that, then when i selected the subject, i had to select the radius of the circle, but it just didn't keep the subject in frame properly.  I'm sure I did something wrong, so i'm not complaining.  I'll see if i can find that tutorial.

Fly directly over the subject with the gimbal pointing -90 degrees
Tap POI
Fly back to create the radius horizontally and vertically using the control sticks
Tilt the gimbal up to place the subject in the centre of the screen (use the grid lines in the app to help line up)
Set you speed (slower is better) on the scale to the right
Set your direction (clockwise/anti clockwise)
Tap record
Tap go
The drone will circle around the subject in line with your settings
You can manually adjust the radius (altitude/distance from the subject) during the rotation
It's best to use POI in light winds too
Once done, tap the pause button, stop record - then exit POI and resume manual flight. Then fingers crossed your C buttons on the RC still work!
2018-6-8
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-8 05:25
Fly directly over the subject with the gimbal pointing -90 degrees
Tap POI
Fly back to create the radius horizontally and vertically using the control sticks

Thanks!  I'll give it a shot this weekend.
2018-6-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

3-D Posted at 2018-6-8 05:29
Thanks!  I'll give it a shot this weekend.

If so, make sure you use an android device or an iOS device on GO4 app v.20
2018-6-8
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-8 05:17
Look forward to your results mate - keep the drone close to you and your finger over the X-pause button on the RC during the POI - just in case!

For sure.  I will be testing everything possible with this update.  Just hoping they did not break something else attempting fixes.  You know how that goes.  
2018-6-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-8 05:35
For sure.  I will be testing everything possible with this update.  Just hoping they did not break something else attempting fixes.  You know how that goes.

Indeed mate - let us know how you get on with the MP
2018-6-8
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-8 05:31
If so, make sure you use an android device or an iOS device on GO4 app v.20

unless they update it today, the andriod app hasn't been updated.  it is still 4.2.16
2018-6-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

3-D Posted at 2018-6-8 05:41
unless they update it today, the andriod app hasn't been updated.  it is still 4.2.16

My point is you won't have the function button disabled problem with Android on v.16 - you will on iOS so that needs to be on v.20
2018-6-8
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-8 05:43
My point is you won't have the function button disabled problem with Android on v.16 - you will on iOS so that needs to be on v.20

Which is why this leads me to believe they did fix the Function/C1,C2 button issue because they did not update Android at least not yet so saw it more a priority with IOS. Especially that they had you have to set your function buttons again.  
2018-6-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-8 05:47
Which is why this leads me to believe they did fix the Function/C1,C2 button issue because they did not update Android at least not yet so saw it more a priority with IOS. Especially that they had you have to set your function buttons again.

It seems that way. Quite eager to get the thing in the air and test it all out!
2018-6-8
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

3-D Posted at 2018-6-8 05:41

sorry... i'm guilty of only reading half of the text in the post.  

I got it. I'm still on an Android.  probably won't go to IOS until someone in the house upgrades to a different device.
(or until i breakdown and buy a tablet)
2018-6-8
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

Well just tested with this update and they did NOT fix the POI issues.  The C1 and C2 buttons do not work immediately after exiting out of POI.  Very disappointed.  
2018-6-8
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-8 07:08
Well just tested with this update and they did NOT fix the POI issues.  The C1 and C2 buttons do not work immediately after exiting out of POI.  Very disappointed.

Thanks SparksBird for the update.
I was waiting to see how you did before I updated. Maybe I will wait a little longer to see if DJI makes another update fix for the C1/C2 issue.
2018-6-8
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2018-6-8 07:40
Thanks SparksBird for the update.
I was waiting to see how you did before I updated. Maybe I will wait a little longer to see if DJI makes another update fix for the C1/C2 issue.

Yeah everything as far as I could tell was the same from what I tested.  Just tested the POI and everything exactly the same as before.  Only tested that really as I saw no reason to test anything else at this point.  
2018-6-8
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

Well I have flown more than 30 miles today on the new 4.2.20 update and so far everything for the MP is the same as before from what I can tell.  So no other issues other than the C1/C2 buttons stop working after POI.  So I have not noticed any difference with the MP on this latest update.  
2018-6-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No change at all on the Mavic Air too. Still have to reinstall the entire GO4 app after doing a POI. It appears v.20 bug fixes were not for the Mavic series...
2018-6-8
Use props
Vliegende Hollander
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1865751 ft
Netherlands

And still the annoying green layer all over Netherlands.
2018-6-8
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Vliegende Hollander Posted at 2018-6-8 11:05
And still the annoying green layer all over Netherlands.

what exaclty do you mean by that?
I have a green layer on screen with the centre of where I am with the drone... the circle stops at 200m which I programmed as vastes distance at the moment...
Using Phantom 4 Pro and Mavic Air and DJI GO 4 v. 4.2.20 of today... the other circles may have the intention to point to areas where you need to take care with restricted zones
Nederlands kan/mag ook
Just in case... can you post a screenshot of your device... android or iOS ?

Cheers,

Max
2018-6-8
Use props
Vliegende Hollander
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1865751 ft
Netherlands

My device is an IPad mini 4 .
Screenshot:  
2018-6-8
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

DJI,

It would be prudent, and expected of you, considering all the FW and app issues you've inflicted on your customers over the last few months, to provide a DETAILED change log listing ALL bugs / issues corrected with new updates, not just "General bug fixes and improvements".

This is unacceptable! We need to know what you've fixed, and what drone models it applied to, to see if you're actually addressing the growing chorus of problems!
2018-6-8
Use props
fansf0765a77
lvl.2
Poland

when we get this for android ?
2018-6-8
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Disappointing update to say the least.
2018-6-8
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

fansf0765a77 Posted at 2018-6-8 12:57
when we get this for android ?

Nope not yet.  Leads me to believe was to get it up to date with IOS 11.4 that was just released but all we can do is guess since they did not say what bugs they fixed.  Only said general bug fixes
2018-6-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules