Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Tested the quieter props on the p4p....
3987 57 2018-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Zebra stripping on a set might look kinda cool on the Obsidian.
2018-6-12
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13925922 ft
  • >>>

rangers95 Posted at 2018-6-12 10:37
I'm tempted to buy a pair, anything to minimized the whining high pitch.  I guess, I'll spray them black maybe with some stripes, ooooh the possibilities

Remember to order two pairs ;-)

I just received them and tested on my P4P v1 indoor with old + new props.
To my ears it is not less loud, just the frequency is a little lower.
And that nasty high pitch noise is there as always. Will see if its different once I'm outside in the open.

I'm  very glad these props still fit in my case. Just barely but still good.  I was afraid I would have to take them off every time.

case.jpg

2018-6-12
Use props
rangers95
lvl.4
Flight distance : 584695 ft
Switzerland

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-6-12 10:51
Zebra stripping on a set might look kinda cool on the Obsidian.

Thats what i was thinking
2018-6-12
Use props
rangers95
lvl.4
Switzerland

Eric13 Posted at 2018-6-12 10:52
Remember to order two pairs ;-)

I just received them and tested them on my P4P v1 indoor with old + new props.

Sadly I know , they should really just sell the complete set.
The high pitch maybe bounces off the wall amplifying it, I'm hoping that once outside it will be a bit less noticeable . Let us know please., Thanks
2018-6-12
Use props
Mark Weiss
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-6-12 08:46
No, I’m here, in Edmonton Alberta. Gods country. Chuckles
Come on up and see us, some time....  ;-)

LOL.. Oh Canada.. restrictions galore. I think I'll stay down here in CT. I was in Ontario a week after 9/11 and even then, the scrutiny they put us through because my friend was black, was shocking.
2018-6-12
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mark Weiss Posted at 2018-6-12 12:19
LOL.. Oh Canada.. restrictions galore. I think I'll stay down here in CT. I was in Ontario a week after 9/11 and even then, the scrutiny they put us through because my friend was black, was shocking.

Wait wut?  I'd much rather be African American in Ontario then Connecticut of all places, lol.
2018-6-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-6-12 08:55
Black, like my cold dead heart.

Jeff

Yeah, black hey? Ok then your stuck to RIT dye...

Just heat it up and dunk those props.

Maybe stuff some protective foil into the centre where they connect to the drone motor shafts.

What about the drones shell? Leaving that stark...

RedHotPoker
2018-6-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Mark Weiss Posted at 2018-6-12 12:19
LOL.. Oh Canada.. restrictions galore. I think I'll stay down here in CT. I was in Ontario a week after 9/11 and even then, the scrutiny they put us through because my friend was black, was shocking.

Oh no, sorry about that.

My suggestion would be, if travelling into Canada from America, always wear your turban...
We love our visitors from the East and West, but particularly from the south. Haha

I appreciate the closeness to our wilderness up here. Hunting, fishing, trapping...
It quite naturally beautiful, even during the coldest of winter months.

RedHotPoker
2018-6-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

rangers95 Posted at 2018-6-12 10:37
I'm tempted to buy a pair, anything to minimize the whining high pitch.  I guess, I'll spray them black maybe with some stripes, ooooh the possibilities

Careful with off balancing them props, with too much paint.
I would use dye or the Sharpies.,Although perhaps they are model paint colours that are unique.

I personally appreciate fluorescent colours for their brightest visibility factor.

RedHotPoker
2018-6-12
Use props
Mark Weiss
lvl.4
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-6-12 12:35
Wait wut?  I'd much rather be African American in Ontario then Connecticut of all places, lol.

Connecticut isn't so hot either, but mainly the cost of living. If you like paying ten grand a year in property taxes, well come on in! LOL... actually, I am working on plans to move to Kamuicho Kyoei in Asahikawa, Japan.
2018-6-12
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-6-12 08:35
I agree. It's much quieter when I fly around the neighborhood. Last weekend I was flying along the nearby creek, then up the street back to the house. After landing and going inside I heard my wife say there are Police cars outside. Blood pressure up, I walked outside to find that the lady next door had fallen and they were responding to that. So see, the drone didn't attract any attention. ;-)

Jeff

to find that the lady next door had fallen - So see, the drone didn't attract any attention

Are you quite certain about that............ ;)
2018-6-12
Use props
rangers95
lvl.4
Switzerland

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-6-12 14:56
Careful with off balancing them props, with too much paint.
I would use dye or the Sharpies.,Although perhaps they are model paint colours that are unique.

Yeah, thanks for the advice, I'll make sure i use an even 2 gallons per propeller
2018-6-13
Use props
Just_nick
lvl.4

iamjustjohn Posted at 2018-6-8 16:46
I've seen a couple videos online where it looks like the sound is a bit quieter, perhaps 2-4dB quieter. I noticed a slight difference when I was flying my Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 with the new blades and my friend was flying his P4P with the conventional blades on it. Can't say it was a huge difference but somewhat noticeable.

Do you understand how the decibel system works? 3dB is a doubling/halving of energy, and 10dB is about twice the perceived volume (200% increase). 4dB is a huge difference. It's probably 1-2dB.
2018-6-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

rangers95 Posted at 2018-6-13 12:40
Yeah, thanks for the advice, I'll make sure i use an even 2 gallons per propeller

Yes, if you use a paint roller, it should be great. Haha

RedHotPoker
2018-6-13
Use props
Mike Davies
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1288885 ft
United States

Got the new props a few weeks back.. I did notice a difference in sound... A bit quiter.. and they look bad ass.
2018-7-9
Use props
DanbyUrgess
lvl.4
United States

I appreciate the info, thanks!
2018-7-10
Use props
DanbyUrgess
lvl.4
United States

I appreciate the info, thanks!
2018-7-10
Use props
mastix
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6659610 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Yes I am also very happy with the props. The noise is different ....not so annoying......I hope they keep improving these with next machines.......
2018-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules