Is there any way to select the app Language? (Back to ENG)
12Next >
26214 47 2018-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Hi,
My phone has downloaded today's update on Android that includes the Spanish language. My cell phone is in Spanish and therefore DJI Go 4 got set up in Spanish as well. I am used to use the app in English and to be honest I prefer to keep using English (IMHO translations have a huge risk of misguiding messages or labels that don't fit their placeholder and that hide important information)

Is there any way on the app (other than changing the cell phone's language) to choose the language you want to use?

(I guess I'm the weird Spaniard )

2018-6-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

When running the App', tap on 'Me' at bottom of first screen, then tap on cogwheel at top right of next screen, this takes you into settings. Where you can select language.

Edit:- The default is 'Auto' which would explain its choice.
2018-6-8
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Germany

Aardvark Posted at 2018-6-8 04:20
When running the App', tap on 'Me' at bottom of first screen, then tap on cogwheel at top right of next screen, this takes you into settings. Where you can select language.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I cannot find any option to change the language.

Are you on iOS or Android? Mine is an Android phone.
2018-6-8
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

When running the App', tap on 'Me' at bottom of first screen, then tap on cogwheel at top right of next screen, this takes you into settings. Where you can select language.

I can't find this in my Android version, are you on iOS?
2018-6-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi,

We apologize for the inconvenience. As of the moment, there is no option to change the language in the app directly on an android phone. We can only change the option of the language if you are using IOS device. We will forward your concern to our R&D engineers. We will get in touch with you as soon as we get a response from our engineers.
2018-6-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-8 05:14
I can't find this in my Android version, are you on iOS?

Hi,

Yes, you're right. I checked the app itself using an android phone. Unfortunately, I cant see the language option too. It is only available in IOS device. We will forward this issue to our R&D engineers.
2018-6-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

CuaC Posted at 2018-6-8 05:10
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I cannot find any option to change the language.

Are you on iOS or Android? Mine is an Android phone.

Hi,

Unfortunately, I cant see the language option too using Android device. It is only available in IOS device. We will forward this issue to our R&D engineers.
2018-6-8
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-6-8 07:17
Hi,

Yes, you're right. I checked the app itself using an android phone. Unfortunately, I cant see the language option too. It is only available in IOS device. We will forward this issue to our R&D engineers.

Thank you Paladin! I only tested out of interest on my mobile phone. Since I fly very happily with my CrstalSky, it is automatically in English which is my preference.
2018-6-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-8 05:14
I can't find this in my Android version, are you on iOS?

I am, I'd hoped they might be the same.

As an aside I tried a check just now on my Nexus 7 (2013), and looks like there's a glitch on start up on it   (DJI Go 4 V4.2.16)
2018-6-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

CuaC Posted at 2018-6-8 05:10

Are you on iOS or Android? Mine is an Android phone.

Yes, I checked on iOS.
2018-6-8
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

Aardvark Posted at 2018-6-8 09:51
I am, I'd hoped they might be the same.

As an aside I tried a check just now on my Nexus 7 (2013), and looks like there's a glitch on start up on it   (DJI Go 4 V4.2.16)

Thank you for the clarification and what glitch do you have? I haven't noticed anything.
2018-6-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-8 09:55
Thank you for the clarification and what glitch do you have? I haven't noticed anything.

When application run, initial log in screen alternates between sign in/log in page and a blank white screen. I've not spent any time looking at it yet. To be honest the Nexus 7 would now be a fall back only if my two iOS devices didn't work.
2018-6-8
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

Aardvark Posted at 2018-6-8 12:00
When application run, initial log in screen alternates between sign in/log in page and a blank white screen. I've not spent any time looking at it yet. To be honest the Nexus 7 would now be a fall back only if my two iOS devices didn't work.

Thank you again and good to know that you are not depending on it.
2018-6-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

The issue regarding the language for Android DJI GO4 app has been forwarded to our engineers, if there is an update from them, we'll let you know at the first time, appreciate your patience.
2018-6-8
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-6-8 07:18
Hi,

Unfortunately, I cant see the language option too using Android device. It is only available in IOS device. We will forward this issue to our R&D engineers.

Thank you Paladin!
2018-6-10
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-6-8 23:45
The issue regarding the language for Android DJI GO4 app has been forwarded to our engineers, if there is an update from them, we'll let you know at the first time, appreciate your patience.

Thank you Diana, I hope they decide to implement it!
2018-6-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

CuaC Posted at 2018-6-10 23:19
Thank you Diana, I hope they decide to implement it!

Update: According to our engineers, the Android mobile device is unable to select the APP language, only the IOS has this feature to select the APP language. For the Android,  the App language will change according to the system language of the mobile device. Thanks.
2018-6-11
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Thanks Diana, good to know. So to obtain the desired language all you need to do is change the Android devices language and the App will automatically change to the devices language correct? Do you need to uninstall then reinstall the app to have the changes take effect?
2018-6-11
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-8 12:10
Thank you again and good to know that you are not depending on it.

This alternating problem happens only when Nexus 7 is in 'landscape' mode when DJI Go 4 is run for the first time and login is required. When started with Nexus 7 in portrait mode, then all worked well, allowing me to sign in, and thereafter use DJI Go 4 in 'landscape' mode without any problem.
2018-6-13
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

Aardvark Posted at 2018-6-13 09:25
This alternating problem happens only when Nexus 7 is in 'landscape' mode when DJI Go 4 is run for the first time and login is required. When started with Nexus 7 in portrait mode, then all worked well, allowing me to sign in, and thereafter use DJI Go 4 in 'landscape' mode without any problem.

Great to hear that you have identified the solution and thank you for the update!
2018-6-13
Use props
fdebuen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48022 ft
Mexico

The primary language of your Android device determines the language of the app. You don't need to reinstall it, just change the primary language on device settings and that's all (even with the app open, the language changes). I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 and that's the way it works. Greetings.
2018-6-14
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Germany

fdebuen@hotmail Posted at 2018-6-14 17:18
The primary language of your Android device determines the language of the app. You don't need to reinstall it, just change the primary language on device settings and that's all (even with the app open, the language changes). I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 and that's the way it works. Greetings.

I know but I don't like switching the language of my whole phone depending on the app I want to use.
2018-6-15
Use props
fdebuen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48022 ft
Mexico

CuaC Posted at 2018-6-15 05:11
I know but I don't like switching the language of my whole phone depending on the app I want to use.

I guess is the only way for now. You can turn the primary language back and forth at any time. It's a 10 sec. process.
2018-6-15
Use props
djiuser_yuyWW3zeN1Zq
New

South Korea

Still not possible to change language in Fly on Android?
2020-1-28
Use props
djiuser_UVfMoQMA4fWi
New

Norway

Mine went into chinese
2020-6-2
Use props
djiuser_UVfMoQMA4fWi
New

Norway

When running the App', tap on 'Me' at bottom of first screen, then tap on cogwheel at top right of next screen, this takes you into settings. Where you can select language.

No? What u mean
2020-6-2
Use props
djiuser_UVfMoQMA4fWi
New

Norway

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-6-8 07:18
Hi,

Unfortunately, I cant see the language option too using Android device. It is only available in IOS device. We will forward this issue to our R&D engineers.

Its been 2 years, no change
2020-6-2
Use props
DAVIDTNZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2851 ft
New Zealand

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-6-8 07:12
Hi,

We apologize for the inconvenience. As of the moment, there is no option to change the language in the app directly on an android phone. We can only change the option of the language if you are using IOS device. We will forward your concern to our R&D engineers. We will get in touch with you as soon as we get a response from our engineers.

Someone just asked similar on YouTube regarding a Mavic Air 2 with air sense (US) that speaks the alert in Chinese - how to change to English?
2020-6-9
Use props
HEFFAE
New

United States

DAVIDTNZ Posted at 6-9 22:46
Someone just asked similar on YouTube regarding a Mavic Air 2 with air sense (US) that speaks the alert in Chinese - how to change to English?

Ditto    : (
2020-6-11
Use props
Styrmand
lvl.1

Denmark

I also have Chineese (I don't read or write chineese) language on my 2 Android phones - Samsung A9, and Huawei Nexus
2020-7-7
Use props
klu16
New
Poland

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-6-11 02:17
Update: According to our engineers, the Android mobile device is unable to select the APP language, only the IOS has this feature to select the APP language. For the Android,  the App language will change according to the system language of the mobile device. Thanks.
I think there are many Android apps that support different languages options than set as the system language (look at the screen shot from Facebook app attached). I'd better prefer sticking with English for the DJI Fly app, as the translations to my language seem often weird!
I can't believe how DJI is not including basic community requests to their app updates, or forgetting about them This topic is 2 years old and still there is no possibility to change the app language... -.-'
2021-2-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

klu16 Posted at 2-26 23:14
I think there are many Android apps that support different languages options than set as the system language (look at the screen shot from Facebook app attached). I'd better prefer sticking with English for the DJI Fly app, as the translations to my language seem often weird!
I can't believe how DJI is not including basic community requests to their app updates, or forgetting about them  This topic is 2 years old and still there is no possibility to change the app language... -.-'

Hi, we're sorry to read your feedback. May we confirm your preferred language, please? We'll help to seek urgent attention from the team on the possibilities and option of changing the App language via the Fly App itself. Thank you for your patience.
2021-2-28
Use props
djiuser_QyHu4y8pv1r8
New
Flight distance : 564613 ft
Russia

No changes. Android app is still awful. It has internal mix with English and localized text resources. Localized elements sometimes does not fit to their placeholders, sometimes are wrong translated. I want to use app in english, but there are no way to change it.
2021-6-9
Use props
nilvanis
lvl.1

Poland

I agree with previous posters - translations in DJI Fly App looks pretty bad.
I cannot believe a basic feature like language selection cannot be implemented for 3 years now!
I'm completely disappointed.
2021-6-14
Use props
fansd849854e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1771991 ft
  • >>>
Poland

I understand why they stopped putting apps on Google Play Store... It would already have a 1,5-star rating. Missing localization strings, a lot of unclear abbreviations, and lack of contrast settings for video. This app makes flying risky as I have to learn what the interpreter had in my mind when creating each description. Very bad and irresponsible attitude towards customers...
2021-7-26
Use props
Blithe74
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254367 ft
Russia

DJI Diana Posted at 2-28 07:02
Hi, we're sorry to read your feedback. May we confirm your preferred language, please? We'll help to seek urgent attention from the team on the possibilities and option of changing the App language via the Fly App itself. Thank you for your patience.

This is sad, in the yard at the end of 2021, and the simplest language selection function has not yet been implemented.  I understand that a change of tongue will be implemented when the cancer will whistles on the mountain.
2021-10-31
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Blithe74 Posted at 10-31 10:03
This is sad, in the yard at the end of 2021, and the simplest language selection function has not yet been implemented.  I understand that a change of tongue will be implemented when the cancer will whistles on the mountain.

We're sorry to read your frustrations. May we ask for the language you preferred to be in the lists of selections, please? We're here to help you relay your feedback to the team for its potentials. We thank you for your patience.
2021-10-31
Use props
Blithe74
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254367 ft
Russia

DJI Diana Posted at 10-31 15:48
We're sorry to read your frustrations. May we ask for the language you preferred to be in the lists of selections, please? We're here to help you relay your feedback to the team for its potentials. We thank you for your patience.

I am from Russia, I need a Russian language. If changing the language on an already installed program is problematic, you can query the language when installing the program. I think this will be enough for many.
2021-11-2
Use props
TCSelçuk
New

Turkey

Unfortunately, this still does not work with the app when installing. I could not install the app for the DJI osmo pocket (DJIMimo) in English. Then, I changed the default setting from my Samsung A7 cell phone to English. It works that way.
2022-4-10
Use props
fans4b79294e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2200262 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-6-8 07:12
Hi,

Hi there. Just first change the android phone's language as you desire what language do you want to set. Later install the app. That is it.  
2023-1-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules