1433 9 2018-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bischofftep
lvl.2
Flight distance : 881230 ft
United States

Hello!

Just got my new V2, and tried to create a custom stick layout: basically Layout 3 but with the "Up" and "Down" inverted. No matter what I did, I couldn't make this work. When I DID have the "up" in the "down" column on the right hand stick... it inverted the layout on the LEFT hand stick. Nearly caused an accident as I pushed that stick forward and the drone went backwards!

Bug!

2018-6-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Sorry for the trouble. There are 3 Mode and custom available in DJI Go 4 App.

In Mode 1, move the left stick forward or backward and the aircraft will pitch. Move the left stick left or right and the aircraft will yaw. Move the right stick up or down and an aircraft will ascend or descend. Move the right stick left or right and the aircraft will roll.

In Mode 2, move the left stick up or down and an aircraft will ascend or descend. Move the left stick left or right and the aircraft will yaw. Move the right stick forward or backward and the aircraft will pitch. Move the right stick left or right and the aircraft will roll.

In Mode 3, move the left stick forward or backward and the aircraft will pitch. Move the left stick left or right and the aircraft will roll. Move the right stick up or down and an aircraft will ascend or descend. Move the right stick left or right and the aircraft will yaw.

If you have tried these Modes and still not working. You may try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Go App on your device. Just do not forget to do the back up before uninstalling the app. Also, may I know what mobile device you are using? Thank you.
2018-6-8
Use props
Bischofftep
lvl.2

Hi! I’m on an iPad Air.

I understand the three default modes, I was reporting that trying to create a custom mode does not work as it did on the Phantom 4 Pro: the controls do not respond as per the diagram in the custom layout.
2018-6-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Bischofftep Posted at 2018-6-8 10:35
Hi! I’m on an iPad Air.

I understand the three default modes, I was reporting that trying to create a custom mode does not work as it did on the Phantom 4 Pro: the controls do not respond as per the diagram in the custom layout.

Do you have other device/devices that we can use to isolate the problem? Like an Android device. Let me know the result. Thank you.
2018-6-8
Use props
Bischofftep
lvl.2
United States

I don't, but here is some additional data that may help.

* The same device (my iPad Air) running the same DJI Go 4 program works flawlessly with my Phantom 4 Pro (non-V2).

* On the P4P (non-V2) Going to Gimbal Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Enable Synchronized Gimbal Pan Follow and turning it ON has the expected behavior: the gimbal rotates slightly when the aircraft is turned left and right. Turning it OFF has the expected behavior: the gimbal does not move when turning the aircraft left and right.

* On the P4P V2, turning "Enable Synchronized Gimbal Pan Follow" on causes the gimbal to turn freely left and right (to the point where the landing gear is visible) but the aircraft WILL NOT TURN. Turning "Emable Synchronized Gimbal Pan Follow" OFF causes it to behave as if it were "On" and acting normally: a slight rotation of the gimbal when the aircraft is turned left and right.

So, there appear to be problems with either the drone or the controller not responding as expected to control settings. Thank you for your help!
2018-6-8
Use props
Bischofftep
lvl.2

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-8 10:38
Do you have other device/devices that we can use to isolate the problem? Like an Android device. Let me know the result. Thank you.

I tested with an iPhone X, same problem. Here is a screenshot of the attempted layout:

In this configuration, on two different P4P V2 controllers and two different P4P V2 aircraft, and on two different iOS devices, the result was the same:
* The up and down controls on the right stick were "up for up" and "down for down" regardless of what I put into the boxes as shown
* The forward and backward controls on the left stick became inverted, with forward making the aircraft go backwards, and backwards making the aircraft go forwards

Thanks for fixing this bug.
2018-6-14
Use props
Bischofftep
lvl.2

*BUMP*

Could someone running an Android-based tablet please confirm this? Just create a "Custom" remote controller setting and set it as shown in the post above. It's the same as Mode 3, except that the up and down arrows are reversed (inverted stick mode). You may have to use "down & left / up & right" sticks to start the motors. Pulling down on the right stick should cause the a/c to ascend, then pushing up will descend.

Thanks for testing: I really would like this to work again (works fine on P4P, but not P4P V2)

-Doug
2018-7-10
Use props
Sergio069
lvl.1
Flight distance : 748 ft
Belgium

Hello,
Just updated  my P4P+ V2  with latest firmware (01.00.2000). And  now I have to change my default stick mode each time I power up my remote controller.
I fly in mode 1.
This is really not confortable.
Is there a way to fix the default stick mode in an other mode than mode 2?
I did not have this issue before this update.

Thanks
Serge
2018-10-13
Use props
B6 drone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5867631 ft

Sergio069 Posted at 2018-10-13 03:10
Hello,
Just updated  my P4P+ V2  with latest firmware (01.00.2000). And  now I have to change my default stick mode each time I power up my remote controller.
I fly in mode 1.

I have the same problem it is very dangerous please DJI correct it quickly
2018-10-22
Use props
plannB
New

United States

Sergio069 Posted at 2018-10-13 03:10
Hello,
I fly in mode 1.

Did you ever find a fix for this?
2023-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules