Signal cutting at 700ft?
838 5 2018-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HighFlyer42
New
Flight distance : 59967 ft

United States

Hello, I'm not new to the DJI community, and I have recently upgraded my Phantom 3 Standard to a Phantom 4. To say the least, I'm quite impressed with the 4, but I don't receive the distance capability it claims. Could it be because I fly in my neighborhood which is surrounded by trees?

2018-6-8
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Yes.  To get the stock range, you need to be in a perfect open environment away from interference and obstacles.  

Good luck
2018-6-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Sorry for this trouble. If we are talking about the altitude, the Max Service Ceiling Above Sea Level is 19685 feet (6000 m) in a perfect environment. May I know the settings that you set up on your DJI Go 4 app? Also, the location where you fly your drone could be one of the reasons why it did not reach the maximum altitude. You may try a different location, such as an open field to avoid interference.
2018-6-8
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

You're probably flying in a heavily wooded area with lots of wifi interference from homes nearby.  I have noticed myself that since the leaves have come back that my distance in the same places flown in winter has been reduced.
2018-6-8
Use props
PhantomFlyer1
New
Flight distance : 59967 ft

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-8 10:12
Sorry for this trouble. If we are talking about the altitude, the Max Service Ceiling Above Sea Level is 19685 feet (6000 m) in a perfect environment. May I know the settings that you set up on your DJI Go 4 app? Also, the location where you fly your drone could be one of the reasons why it did not reach the maximum altitude. You may try a different location, such as an open field to avoid interference.

I have it set for max distance, but altitude limit is set to 1000 feet.
2018-6-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

PhantomFlyer1 Posted at 2018-6-8 10:55
I have it set for max distance, but altitude limit is set to 1000 feet.

You need to disable the max distance in order for you to get the maximum altitude.
2018-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules