Assistant-2 OS-X will connect to Mavic Pro, but will not access Logs
1394 3 2018-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
Canada

Been trying for weeks, on & off, to get MAC OS-X version of Assistant-2 to access either FlightLog data or Blackbox data.

Can get Assistant-2 to show firmware on Mavic Pro and downgrade firmware on Mavic Pro.
Assistant-2 will perform Mavic Pro calibrations and simulator works.

Have tried previous and most current version of Assistant-2.
Have tried power cycling Mavic Pro and reconnecting it.
Have tried power cycling MacBooks.
Have tried downloading Assistant-2 numerous times.  (Not that uptenth copy, should be different from first succesful download.)
Have tried replacing USB cable.  (Even though Assistant-2 could communicate with Mavic Pro P.)
Have tried looking through MAC OS-X system logs for messages, warnings, or errors relating to DJI, Assistant-2, and time of using Assistant-2.
Have tried different startup methods, power-up Mavic Pro then connect to MacBooks, connect Mavic Pro to MacBooks then power-up Mavic, etc.
Have tried accessing FlightLog / Blackbox with Mavic Pro running previous version of Firmware (.0200) and current version of Firmware (.0300)
(sick of 'Have tried' yet? Okay break)

Yes, I know some of these are duplications / un-need.  However, I did so knowing support would ask if I had tried or would try.  Wait for it..

Have re-installed Assistant-2 several times, along with installing Assistant-2 as Administrator.
Have tried running Assistant-2 as Administrator, after installing as Administrator.
Have tried disabling OS-X Firewall
Have tried both MacBook Pro and MacBook Air.
Have tried both OS-X Sierra and OS-X High Sierra.
Have tried wiping hard-disk, doing a clean install of OS-X Sierra, with Firewall off, and installing only Assistant-2 and HoRNDIS driver (which is supposed to be only for tethering Android phone to MAC for internet access) that comes with DJI's Assistant-2.
(ready to puke over 'Have tried' - me too!)

After getting no where I finally Contacted DJI's Support.
I detailed to support what I had already done.  Which resulted in following Expert Help - (that was interlaced with me answering questions and providing ScreenSnaps).

DJI support - Is Mavic connected to MacBook and turned on
(more details, answering questions, and providing ScreenSnaps)
DJI support - Turn off drone, and back on

And still no FlightLog data or BlackBox access.

2018-6-8
Use props
asaw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1672566 ft
Russia

Wow. I for one didnt't even risk attempting to install this trashware on my macOS. I've made a disposable Win10 VirtualBox image, installed it there and don't regret that, considering the number of unsigned drivers with names in Chinese only which were installed along the way.
2018-6-8
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
Canada

asaw Posted at 2018-6-8 13:20
Wow. I for one didnt't even risk attempting to install this trashware on my macOS. I've made a disposable Win10 VirtualBox image, installed it there and don't regret that, considering the number of unsigned drivers with names in Chinese only which were installed along the way.

Understood.  There is some risk.

However, DJI can't blame Mac version of Assistant-2 not working on issues with VMware, Firewall, permissions, other programs, or drivers.
2018-6-8
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

DJI's Assistant-2 works some what better when Run under Windows-10 running on MacBook Pro with BootCamp for Windows.
DJI's Assistant-2 run under BootCamp / Windows-10; will locally download FlightLog .DAT files; and downloads some of BlackBox data before failing.

Summary: DJI's Assistant-2 software regardless of Platform or Operating System has coding problems.
2018-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules