Phantom 2 motors will not start
12Next >
37032 49 2014-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Creeksjeep
New

United States

Flew Phantom 2 once and then did update. Now when I go to fly it the propellors will not start. I get nothing when I pull the sticks to the corners. I get flashing Green then Red Red Red.  Not sure if that is an error. My controller works the gimbal still and I can calibrate the compass. Just can not fly it. What could it be?

2014-11-1
Use props
away-point
lvl.3

United States

My guess, a battery problem (defective?).  I have a battery that does that.  Instead of arming the motors, the rear boom lights flash red.  Assistant Sortware reports that battery has well over 700 cycles, which I'd estimate to be about 660 times too high.  

Sounds like it's likely time for a warranty replacement battery.
2014-11-1
Use props
robbin.bergqvis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59839 ft

Croatia

How many cycles can i get from by batteries?

I have 17 on the first one and 23 on the second one. Ive read 100, but away-point implicated 40?
2014-11-2
Use props
away-point
lvl.3

United States

Yes, my "#3 battery" screwed up early in life.  

In my experience, once a battery nears 75 cycles, be very suspicious and untrusting, and plan on replacement soon.  Always be ready to apply more throttle, because it can begin auto descent unexpectedly.

Don't recall the count exactly, but I had battery in the 80-90 cycle range which reported 60% remaining after about 6 mins, as it auto landed (full up on the stick did not slow the decent).  Long story short, cost me my hole rig.  

There is something the Phantom uses to determine battery level which is NOT reflected on the battery's charge indicator, nor via iOSD.  i.e. Even though both level indicators (batt's LEDs and iOSD) agree, showing a significant charge remaining, the Phantom can start second-tier low battery decent.  I've seen it happen at 88%.
2014-11-2
Use props
Creeksjeep
New

United States

Tried a different battery and phantom is still not flying. Get the same lights. Maybe got a defective unit.
2014-11-2
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

recalibrate your transmitter and you should be fine.
2014-11-2
Use props
Creeksjeep
New

United States

I did the calibration and same thing is happening. I also tried reconnecting with the button on bottom of Phantom. That light turns red but does not give me the green light that it has connected.
2014-11-2
Use props
wernerknust
lvl.1

Chile

hi there,

Please need some help from you......I'm from Chile.
I have a Phantom 2 with gimbal with Gopro 3 black....I allways wanted to fly further than 300 metres.....
Then on my last trip I bought in LA  the lightbridge system for my Phantom 2,
One of the DJI dealer in Chile install the lightbridge  on my Quadcopter, also the radiocontrol DJI to a 5.8,
I also choose a Lenovo Yoga tablet, it became very difficult to see anything on daylight when I make the trial.

The sad story is that it was very disappointing, as when it pass the 300 meter's it return home without any notice.
just before that, the image on my tablet became slow and I notice that I lost control of the Phantom.
Can somebody give me some advise what is wrong with the installation.....
If you want to reply to my email :    wernerknust@me.com

thanks for helping me to fix the problem and make it possible to be able to get to the 1.500meter's trip
2014-11-2
Use props
rb.junk
New

United States

rod@voxvideopro Posted at 2014-11-3 08:47
Back on topic here, has anyone any answers to props not starting after all new updates? DJI help us  ...

I have just the Phantom 2.  Just got it last Monday and have had this problem a few times.  The only upgrades according to the assistant that I needed was the battery upgrades, everything else showed current.  Even before this just about every other time I flew I would get the correct lights and when tried to start the motor, nothing.  I would have to recalibrate the compass, sometimes twice in a row, then the motors would start.  If this is what needs to be done every time you fly its a pain but only takes a few seconds.  I am not a real techie but why would you have to recalibrate the compass if you really don't move more than 50ft at most (around the yard) from your previous launch position.  I mean magnetic north does not change within a few feet or miles.
2014-11-2
Use props
Creeksjeep
New

United States

I did the compass calibration more than a couple times. My first and only flight took two compass calibrations and then worked. But now it just does the green, red, red, red and repeat lights. Sending back to Amazon. I have a Phantom FC40 and have never had a problem. So maybe defective.
2014-11-2
Use props
DJI-Blair
lvl.2

China

Hi guys,
If you can't start up the motors, please connect the phantom to the computer and to see whether you get any error message from the phantomassistant software.
BTW, It's also recommended to calibrate the controller through the RC assistant and phantom assistant software.
2014-11-2
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

Hi Blair, thanks for that but I had already done all of those things and it still didn't work--- I had to relink the controller to the PV2+ first - my complete solution is noted in  "solved: my 3.08 update issue.
Cheers
Rod
2014-11-3
Use props
k.lower
lvl.4
United Kingdom

rod@voxvideopro Posted at 2014-11-3 18:49
Hi Blair, thanks for that but I had already done all of those things and it still didn't work--- I h ...

Had the same problem after updating, and noticed in ASSISTANCE BASIC RC I had click the UPGRADE VERSION button so went back to BASIC and did a relink page 26 User Manual V1.1. Hope this helps.
2014-11-3
Use props
bitbeisser
New

Germany

Hi there, i did also all the updates and i seems to me that i have one not original DJI Battery. May Be the update Software check the Battery and put a bit or so on the Battery.

After Updateing my Battery with circled Control Connector I can not start the motors.
With the original Battery's with the rectangle Connector there was no problem.

Hope some DJI People can help here. My Battery was brand New

Regards Francisco
2014-11-3
Use props
DJI-Blair
lvl.2

China

Rod, glad to hear it works.
Hi Francisco,does the new battery can't start up the motor but with the old battery is OK?
When you turn on the phantom, what's its led indicator status?
2014-11-4
Use props
bitbeisser
New

Germany

DJI-Blair Posted at 2014-11-4 19:26
Rod, glad to hear it works.
Hi Francisco,does the new battery can't start up the motor but with the  ...

Hey DJI-Blair, yes the old batterys (10 charges) starts the motors and the flight are perfect.
Just that new one (2 Charges) can't start the motors.

LED from Phantom2 V+ with switched on RC is       front=off and back 1xgreen and 3xred
LED from Phantom2 V+ with switched off RC is       front=off and rear=flashing yellow.

regards Francisco
2014-11-4
Use props
DJI-Blair
lvl.2

China

Hi Francisco,
Please try the old &new again.
When the phantom with the new battery, do you get any error message from the phantom assistant software?
Can you offer me the 'update' page for me in the phantom assistant software?
2014-11-5
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DJI-Blair Posted at 2014-11-5 20:46
Hi Francisco,
When the phantom with the new battery, do you get any e ...

The motors wont spin if the GPS lead is not attached,  it can come loose on landings and not so good landings......  

Worth a look and a quick fix if its that....
2014-11-7
Use props
steve
New

United Kingdom

Ok Been happily flying my Phantom for weeks havent changed a thing but updated to the latest firmware and now the motors wont spin up. Rod have you found a solution? Have DJi locked out non DJI batterys?
2015-1-2
Use props
gsp171
lvl.3

United States

steve@visuals.c Posted at 2015-1-3 01:36
Ok Been happily flying my Phantom for weeks havent changed a thing but updated to the latest firmwar ...

After firmware updates, you must re calibrate radio in both RC and Phantom assistant
2015-1-2
Use props
steve
New

United Kingdom

I'm using a Futaba Rc. When I have connected to Phantom Assistant the RC control show's complete operation channel monitor follows joystick and switch position. I removed the top this afternoon and the reciever shows green light. I also have a f550 which seems to function fine with same RC. An error constantly diplays when connected to Phantom Assistant 'Not-DJI Inteligent battery'. I'm thinking that the latest firmware has locked out the Phantom from functioning with non-DJI batts. The rear LEDs appear to flash red very fast 3 times when I position joysticks bottom left. (ie to start the motors).
2015-1-2
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

steve@visuals.c Posted at 2015-1-3 01:36
Ok Been happily flying my Phantom for weeks havent changed a thing but updated to the latest firmwar ...

two main reasons cause this after update:
1. mode has switched from mode 2 to mode 1.
2. RC has lost its binding with the phantom. If your RC light is yellowish rather than bright green, you need to relink it to the phantom. Bear in mind the relink light on the bottom of the phantom is also the button, this is not very clear in the manual. The procedure is very simple and detailed in the manual on page 19 para 5.7 "linking the remote controller and receiver".. Hope this helps
2015-1-2
Use props
steve
New

United Kingdom

Thanks for your advice Rod. The Reciever light and the the Transmitter light are both green. This was set up for me by a friend who is no longer in the UK. He set the phantom up to work with a Futaba transmitter and a compatible reciver and everything has been working fine for months. When the Phantom is connected to the Assist software the transmitter appears to function correctly all the indicators in the channel monitor reflect the movementsof the joysticks. Surely this means a good binding? The nagging thing for me is the batterys are not DJI. When I first started using the Assist software it gave me feedback about the batterys, charge cycles and charge level and all that, then this info stopped and a warning 'non-DJI batts being used' was displayed but you could click on the 'X' and the message disapeared, now with the latest upgrade the message is very persistant and can not be cleared. This and no GPS (indoors) are the only warnings I get. I'm just glad its raining.......
2015-1-3
Use props
danpesch
New

United States

Just got my vision3 plus ver3 and had same problem. I had to do not only the updates/firmware but also perform a calibrate on the sticks and the camera tilt control. This not only allowed me to start the motors but also got rid of all the tilt jumping around that was going on before. Though the firmware versions appeared OK. I forced the same version updates again on Phantom using the latest desktop app, I think it is v3.6  As a newbie this likely sounds stupid.

Good luck captain !
2015-1-3
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

I have an older smart batterie and i cant start the motors with it from time to time as well but sometimes it works normally, its strange. I cleaned the contacts before. when i re insert the batterie it often works
2015-1-3
Use props
ozy1zoy
New

United Kingdom

Daninho Posted at 2015-1-4 07:37
I have an older smart batterie and i cant start the motors with it from time to time as well but som ...

Phantom 2 for XMAS - worked 4 times then began very intermittent startup - wait for lights to settle, then press joysticks - nothing. Did a check on the RC through the Assistant software but all okay. Bought spare battery at the time and replaced with that - started straight away! Noticed that startup light sequence seemed quicker on new battery? Something very peculiar going on here?
2015-1-4
Use props
ozy1zoy
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Blair Posted at 2014-11-3 15:55
Hi guys,
If you can't start up the motors, please connect the phantom to the computer and to see whe ...

There's also a slightly screwy instruction in the online wiki "Phantom-Transmitter Calibration" could someone look at those and sort them out please as I'm getting a headache ...
2015-1-5
Use props
steve
New

United Kingdom

Ordered a DJI Battery today should be able to see if my theory is correct when it arrives.
2015-1-7
Use props
steve
New

United Kingdom

Ok just to confirm. The latest firmware does indeed lock out non-dji batteries. The dji batt I have just purchased now allows the motors to spin up.
2015-1-8
Use props
jadanielg
New

Portugal

steve@visuals.c Posted at 2015-1-8 21:57
Ok just to confirm. The latest firmware does indeed lock out non-dji batteries. The dji batt I have  ...

hello,

in my situation ( motors don t spin ), i reinstall the firmaware after calibrate the rc ( two assistants ) and finally calibrate the compass.

phantom 2 v2
2015-1-18
Use props
victor
New

United States

Hopefully this helps and looks like someone posted earlier a solution to our particular issue. We had fully charged batteries not starting the props, though it powered up the lights and such. We realized we needed to recalibrate the Phantom 2 Plus with the software assistant for EACH battery, then each battery worked again to power the propellers. Probably common knowledge but something that perplexed us for a bit
2015-2-23
Use props
s.lepre
New

United States

My name is Steve and I have had my phantom 2V+ since the first week in November of 2014. Iam the type of guy that Does Read before I try. I made mistakes early in life that cost me a few bucks so I'd rather was a few minutes than waste a few dollars. Since the time I bought my phantom I just in the last 2 weeks started to fly it. Keep in mind it is Brand New. To no avail it would not start. So I turned to this forum to help me. I have been monitoring the forum for about a month but just found this problem written about on the forum this week. I would like to Thank DJI-Blair for his careful troubleshooting on the forum here, I learned a lot with this problem from you. I would also like to thank Victor who put it all in one post what the problem was and the fix. Thanks for all the other posts also I have a lot to learn from you ALL. Oh the motors came to life today, AFTER I completed all the steps that DJI-Blair and Victor, and it also perplexed me also, but like someone else said, its impossible to count on experience when you have none. So far Iam a happy boy and will continue to monitor this forum this time just for fun. Thanks To All on this forum you are all very informative.
Steve
2015-3-12
Use props
nichols.gai
New

United States

OK just got A cure maybe not the total cure but it works well.
On the bottom of the fuselage battery compartment opening toward your chest look at the left side below the camera damper mount. On the body of the drone you will see a hole in it is an led when you start the battery up later turn it over and look in here now with the recover turned off take a stick or small slim object and push that led lightly you will feel it click then turn on the receiver and push it again. now turn it over make sure all lights are green and try it mine fires right up every time now when i do this however I have to do it every time, but it works and flies well. This came from another source, unfortunately its not in my history because i would have posted the video.
2015-5-17
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

Do not know about all of you but some of you may be in a new no fly zone.      
2015-5-17
Use props
nichols.gai
New

United States

DJI-Blair Posted at 2014-11-5 20:46
Hi Francisco,
When the phantom with the new battery, do you get any e ...

Blair i cannot even get the assistant software to open i have 10.75 so it should open. I did try the right click and open also tried the control click and open, nether worked I got a retry or report and yes i did report it but that does not help me. My drone links up sporadically you may have to shut down and start over again as may as 8 times before it will start the motors. The lights blink 3 red if it doesnt start the motors. very much the pain when trying to get an important shot.
Nick
nichols.gai@gmail.com
2015-6-9
Use props
myron
lvl.4

Philippines

i have same problem until now the motor will not spin the gimbal tilt works fine the only issue wont arm the motor in the remote controller the power led turns solid orange and the four led solid green. the battery is genuine dji i cant figure it out where is the problem started.
2015-12-15
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

myron@iwantlemo Posted at 2015-12-15 07:37
i have same problem until now the motor will not spin the gimbal tilt works fine the only issue wont ...

As outlined in the owners manual:  
Solid Yellow Power LED on Remote controller  --->  Remote controller joystick calibration error.

Connect your Remote controller to the computer and do the stick calibration procedure in the RC-Assistant software.
2015-12-15
Use props
stephenmathews
New

United Kingdom

I also have the same problem.  Phantom 2 with original battery lights the LED's and compass calibrates then it will fly but not for long (old battery).  Brand new battery direct from DJI lights LED's, compass calibrates but the motors wont start. Exactly the same with 3 other batteries?

DJI just say send it in for repair but it is obvious there is some mismatch between the Phantom and the newer batteries because the original does work.

Help anyone?
2016-6-30
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

After hooking up to the PT2 assistant,
What is the loader and firmware of the battery that works ?
And the loader and firmware of the other 3 that don't ?
Also what is the Phantom model and firmware ?

2016-6-30
Use props
RCRoadtrain
New

Australia

after owning several Nazas for a few years, I finally bought a phantom (P2)
..second hand, but its never been flown. virtually brand new...

..but the motors wont arm..
after initialising, slow green flash..
trying to arm gives two fast red flashes and back to slow green flash.

have those PC Windows drivers been fixed yet? I had mountains of trouble getting the PC to talk to the Nazas...

not very impressed with straight-out-of-the-box failure.
2017-8-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules