Phantom 2 motors will not start
37042 49 2014-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RCRoadtrain
New

Australia

RCRoadtrain Posted at 2017-8-5 01:25
after owning several Nazas for a few years, I finally bought a phantom (P2)
..second hand, but its never been flown. virtually brand new...

previous owner nailed it.. calibration of the remote.,

flies nice.... now, for that gimbal......
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Please check your remote. Make sure it is linked to the aircraft.
2017-9-16
Use props
RCRoadtrain
New

Australia

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-16 04:59
Please check your remote. Make sure it is linked to the aircraft.

previous owner recalibrated the remote. it works fine.
it was linking,
it just wasn't traveling far enough on one stick. these remotes don't have 'trims' like others.

now about those nazaV2 windows drivers.....
2017-9-17
Use props
fansfffeae27
New

Australia

RCRoadtrain Posted at 2017-8-5 01:25
after owning several Nazas for a few years, I finally bought a phantom (P2)
..second hand, but its never been flown. virtually brand new...

Hi Guys.
I have a similar problem, but ia little different. I can get all motors running, 3 are great, 4th one starts, then almost stop, starts again, then almost stops. would that be the motor, or the control board, etc. thanks in advance.
Robert
2017-10-4
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

That's likely either a bad motor or bad ESC.  You'll have to swap one of them out to find which one it is.  
2017-10-5
Use props
lenjsr
New

United States

is it just me or is is that DJI products and software are impossible. I put my DJI pv2 away last fall and it was fine. Now the motors will not start and the RC will not connect to the RC software, I have tried to install the last known driver and it fails to load in the RC. I have installed with the RC connected. I have tried to load through device manager to no avail. IMPOSSIBLE
2018-5-27
Use props
_david_elliott
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20 ft
Mexico

my 3.08 update issue
2018-8-24
Use props
fanscb41b58a
lvl.1

United States

I am having problems getting my Phantom 2 motors to start. I have the latest DJI assistant and RC Assistant. The DJI Asst connects and sees everything just fine. The RC asst will not connect to my DJ6 controller. I have downloaded all software. My computer can see the controller connected but the software does not recognize. I can re-calibrated the controller in DJI asst. This software sees the controller just fine and all controls on the screen move as directed. But still the motors will not start. The Phantom's start up sequence goes through just fine resulting in flashing green lights on the rear indicating GPS flight should be fine, but no motors. What can I do?
2019-5-13
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Good on you for doing a search before starting a new thread.  You're a rare breed!

Sounds like you have two problems.  Correct?

1)  DJI RC System Assistant doesn't work correctly.

2)  Motors won't start.

Correct?  

When you say "DJI assistant" it sounds like you are referring to "DJI Phantom 2 Assistant" which is installed on your desktop/laptop.   Am I correct?

When you say "RC asst" it sounds like you are referring to "DJI RC System Assistant" which is installed on your desktop/laptop.    Am I correct?  

There has been a fairly recent microsoft update that has messed up the ability to use the usb ports on desktops and laptops when you want to connect your P2 AC to a computer.  That may be the problem.  The problem is caused by a new Driver Signature Enforcement on the usb ports with the various windows versions.  You need to disable that by rebooting with the shift key held down.  Doing that will get you some secret menus after it boots.  The exact procedure is different depending on whatever win version and 32/64 bit system you have.  Google it.  You need to go through the menus to disable.  If that is the problem, doing that will temporarily disable the sig enforcement which should allow you to connect using usb and resolve the problem until you boot the windows system again which will reenable the sig enforcement.  

Otherwise, when all four of the motors don't start on a P2, in my experience, it's usually because the GPS plug isn't firmly seated or bad - or the compass module is disconnected or bad.  Another possibility is your controller needs calibration.  Another possibility is you are in a P2 no fly zone, the areas of which are not documented any longer because DJI removed the maps quite a while ago.  The current DJI geo-zone maps have nothing to do with the P2 series.  As a general rule, IIRC, you need to be a mile and a half from most medium sized airports, and something like two miles or two and a half miles from major airports.  And stay away from the DC FRZ.  Be sure you understand how to fly legally in the US has a hobbyist.  

Usually these tech problems are indicated in advance by simply looking at and understanding the rear lamps flashing after the AC boots up.  

Come back here if you still have problems.

Good luck

2019-5-13
Use props
DanaPtDave
lvl.1

United States

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the advice. I will begin to work through your suggestions. To answer your initial questions, all answers are Yes, you are correct. I will check under the hood to see if I notice anything out of place.

Dave
2019-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules