[QUESTION] Mavic Air Filters
923 4 2018-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Simone Cuccurullo8
lvl.1

Italy

Hi guys,

i'm new in this forum and i bought a brand new Mavic Air (with the FlyMore combo!) about a month ago.

I saw a lot of reviews and discussions about how important ND filters are.

I saw Freewell ND filters that seems quite good, also considering their price and that they have PL lens already mounted on some of their products.

How do you rate them? Do you think PolarPro's are better (and why)?

My real pain is the weight of those filters (in general, not only about those 2 brands), I'm really worried they can ruin in some way Air's gimbal.

What do you think about?

Thank you for an eventual answer and have a good flight!!
2018-6-9
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

I have the Polar Pro's and can assure you that their weight is not a problem. I don't know the Freewell and therefore cannot answer that part of your question or compare.
2018-6-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

They say polar Pro are better but having tried both I can tell you there is very little or no difference, they are slightly better build , but no problem for gimbal.
2018-6-9
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I own the Freewell Mavic Air filters and can also assure you the weight is not a problem.
2018-6-9
Use props
Kylosma
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1823327 ft
United States

I have both sets of filters and there is no weight issues with either of them. I prefer the storing case on the Polar Pros so I have those from ND8 to ND64, but with Freewell you can get up to ND1000 or ND2000 for really long exposure shots during the day
2018-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules