DJI Go 4 on Planet Computers Gemini
821 2 2018-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gadgetman!
lvl.1
Norway

Hi!

Since I'm probably the first to even attempt to fly the Mavic Pro or other drone with the Go 4 app for Android on this device, I figured I should list how I managed to get the app to start on it, because it isn't all straightforward.

The Gemini is a 'clamshell' design(reminiscent of the classic Psion PDAs) with a full keyboard and a nice screen in landscape mode.
It has a specail function key with the 'Planet Computers' logo on it, and when you pres that you get a bar with your fave apps at the bottom of the screen.
The leftmost icon is another 'Planet Computers' logo, and pressing that gets you some settings shortcuts, one of which is 'Force Rotate' for the screen.
(this part is important to remember)

Install as usuall using Google Play... of course.

Start the app...

When it gets to the sign in screen, use 'Force Rotate'.
Use the [tab] key to change focus to the username field, then start typing. The focus will be lost after the first character, but use [Tab] to jump between fields and regain it. DO NOT touch the screen at this point.
Jump to next field and enter password(assuming you already have an account and have used the app on another device, of course), Same issue with loss of focus.
Now, tap the 'sign in' button. You now get a 'verification code' field added to the dialog. DO NOT tap on it. Use [tab] to reach it, This field doesn't seem to lose focus, though, so typing in the 4 symbols should be easy. Tap the 'Sign in' button again... YES! you're IN.
Rotate the screen back to normal, and you're ready to go fly.
(just pressing the PC button to bring up the icon bar will reset the Force Rotate setting)
Just connect to the remote with a lead, or use WiFi for direct control.
The front-facing camera on the Gemini isn't capable of scanning the QR code, so get your magnifier out and type in the password manually.
The clamps on the remote can't grip the keybaord of the Gemini, but can grip the frame on the screen without issues. But as that leaves the keyboard hanging rather precariously, I wouldn't recommend it.(I'll be designing and 3D printing some sort of holder soon... ish... )
Now, if only the app could take advantage of the keyboard...

2018-6-9
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Good tutorial I am sure this will help someone that may have an issue getting this to work.  Good job
2018-6-9
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Awesome info
2018-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules