Camera connection to Phantom 2
4347 13 2018-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David.bryant
lvl.1

Australia

Hi
I have just got an old Phantom 2 and i am trying to get it operational.
drone PV330.
Controller is 5.8 GHz and does not have voltage leds or usb port PVT581
Camera Phantom Vision white egg shape with antenna inside.
Range extender RE500

I have replaced battery's and now have controller able to fly drone and I have upgraded the drone software via a windows PC.

I have not been able to get camera operational.
Tried an androidrone and did not get connection.
tried Apple I pad and did not get connection.

What software / hardware is needed to test camera on Windows 10 pc?

Can someone point me to a test proceedure for the setup and testing of the Phantom Vision egg shaped camera with the rangeextender RE500.

Thanks
David
2018-6-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Did you read the manual?  Did you attempt to bind the camera with the RE500 as explained in the manual?  

Good luck
2018-6-9
Use props
David.bryant
lvl.1

Australia

Is this the manual you mean ?
ST1000+,%20ST2000+%20(A12004,%20A12005)%20Owner%20handbook%2081130-7-EN.pdf
It does not include the controller I have (Without the usb connection and does not include the camera set up.
2018-6-9
Use props
David.bryant
lvl.1

Australia

The camera label has FC200 FCC ID SS3-FC2001307

a QR code and
AK151339487454

The Ipd could not focus / scan the small QR code and the rest of the number does not look like a MAC address so what number do I enter to bind it?

Regards
David
2018-6-9
Use props
David.bryant
lvl.1

Australia

Does the micro usb to the RE500 only supply power or data as well?
2018-6-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Here is the manual:  http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/p ... _Manual_v1.8_en.pdf

The QR code is on the original box and it will provide you with the MAC address to your camera.  If you don't have the original box, you can get the MAC address another way but it's involved.  

The micro usb slot on the RE 500 is for charging the battery only.  
2018-6-9
Use props
David.bryant
lvl.1

Australia

Thanks Mark
That shows I did not have the correct manual  and I have not got the box so will need to find the MAC address.
2018-6-9
Use props
David.bryant
lvl.1

Australia

The serial number of the drone PV330
is PH636054268 V1.4
Camera details in a posting above. Will support read the forum and supply a MAC address of the camera?
Is there another option?
2018-6-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

There is a way to get the MAC address by emailing DJI support, explaining the problem, and giving them the numbers on the sticker of your FC 200 camera.  They have a database with that info.  I did that once quite a while back and it took something like ten days for them to get it to me.  The other way to get it is more technical.  See J Dot's post here:  https://phantompilots.com/threads/fc200-mac-address.76209/

Good luck
2018-6-10
Use props
David.bryant
lvl.1

Australia

Thanks for that link Mark. I down loaded inSSIDer for windows and got the seven days free trial that allowed me to view the MAC address of the range extender via the software and confirmed the address on the RE500 label. I did not get anything from the camera though. I was expecting another MAC address starting with 60:60:1F as that selection is grayed out and not changeable in the binding area. I did get a stray reading from "Hooter" Technicolor that started with E0:B9:E5  that I could not enter.
So Im thinking that the camera could be dead on the WIFI side. Or I'm not using the new software correctly.

Thoughts?
2018-6-10
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

I guess anything is possible.  Is the switch moved over to WiFi?  Is the card in it?  Is the green lamp on?  

2018-6-11
Use props
David.bryant
lvl.1

Australia

Hi Mark
Switch position checked and green lamp is on.

In todays email DJI Support has sent me a QR code THANKS.
So I will try again tonight....
2018-6-12
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

I also have a Phantom 2 with the egg (FC200)
I have no FPV, but telemetri works fine, FPV have not worked since a long period of storage, the issue cant be fixed i been told !!
Craft have never been crashed, and flyes perfect, but sad FPV dont work.
2018-6-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Did you buy it new?  Is it not modified?  If so, give DJI a call or email them.  I heard they fix these P2 Vision wifi issues for free in certain situations.

Otherwise, if you can find a good used egg, it can likely be fixed.  They pop up on eBay cheap once in a while, like $100 or less.  Try to get the MAC address ahead of time if you can.

Here's a thread you can read:  https://phantompilots.com/threads/bricked-camera-fix.102652/

Good luck
2018-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules