Disappointment JI Spark
830 7 2018-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6632b3d5
lvl.1

I’m going to vent a little...
After doing my consumer research I selected the DJI Spark over the GoPro Karma drone, and made the purchase on May 10, 2018.  I needed a drone for my one month vacation traveling the U.S. Halfway through my vacation on 6/4/18 (not even a month later) the drone shot the battery out mid flight resulting in the drone crashing to the ground below. I did multiple pre flight checks with the drone prior to takeoff, including pulling on the battery to ensure the catch was secure. This is only half my frustration...
After accessing the damage to the drone and attempting to fly, I concluded the drone was inoperable. I contacted DJI to inquire about the warranty process. The DJI representative directed me to file the warranty case on the app. When I attempted to file the case on the app it would not take my info. I called back and a different representative said that I had to file the case on the actual website. Again, the site is now telling me that the case portion of the website is down. I call back to DJI and another representative verifies the website failure and takes all my warranty info over the phone on 6/6/18. He states that DJI will send an email with a directions and a shipping label for warranty within 24-48hrs.
Today is 6/9/18 approximately 72hrs later. It’s a shame that a company as prestigious as DJI would treat their customers this way. This will be my first and last DJI product. This experience will be shared on multiple outlets of the internet to hopefully inform and warn future DJI consumers.
2018-6-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

We're so sorry for the unpleasant experience. I managed to get your info and forwarded to the management for investigation. There might be some delay due to the weekend, we'll keep follow up and help you get an update soon. Appreciate your patience and understanding.
2018-6-9
Use props
fans6632b3d5
lvl.1

Update..
Shortly after posting my experience with DJI support on the forum I was contacted via phone in regards to filing the warranty case. The representative was very tentative and apologetic. I also received an expedited shipping label and the instructions I was waiting on to ship my spark back. I sent a the spark to DJI’s Texas location for further assessment on 6/12/18. I will keep the post updated as to how long this process really takes.
2018-6-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans6632b3d5 Posted at 2018-6-13 07:15
Update..
Shortly after posting my experience with DJI support on the forum I was contacted via phone in regards to filing the warranty case. The representative was very tentative and apologetic. I also received an expedited shipping label and the instructions I was waiting on to ship my spark back. I sent a the spark to DJI’s Texas location for further assessment on 6/12/18. I will keep the post updated as to how long this process really takes.

Glad to know you have been reached out and everything is turning out to be great, please let us know if you need any further assistance, hope the whole process goes smoothly.
2018-6-13
Use props
fans6632b3d5
lvl.1

So, it’s Wednesday 6/20/18 and I still have not had any update as to what DJI is going to do with their failed product. The last update I received was Monday 6/18/18 notifying me that the drone had been received into their facility on 6/15/18. That is almost a week and they can’t access the damage?? Again poor product support from DJI. I’ll post again when I get the next update.

On a side note we finished our cross country trip and missed some pretty amazing shots in Colorado and Utah not having the drone. Anyone have suggestions on a drone with more reliability and product support? GoPro Karma, Parrot, AeroViroment...
2018-6-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans6632b3d5 Posted at 2018-6-20 10:07
So, it’s Wednesday 6/20/18 and I still have not had any update as to what DJI is going to do with their failed product. The last update I received was Monday 6/18/18 notifying me that the drone had been received into their facility on 6/15/18. That is almost a week and they can’t access the damage?? Again poor product support from DJI. I’ll post again when I get the next update.

On a side note we finished our cross country trip and missed some pretty amazing shots in Colorado and Utah not having the drone. Anyone have suggestions on a drone with more reliability and product support? GoPro Karma, Parrot, AeroViroment...

The repair process is normal, thanks for your understanding. I see our supervisor has contacted you about the status and the repair will be covered by warranty, our repair center will get it addressed as soon as possible, hope you will get it back soon.
2018-6-20
Use props
fans6632b3d5
lvl.1

Yes Mindy, your supervisor contacted me after I posted to my thread with the update. I was also sent an invoice that did not have an explanation as to why the battery launched out of this drone 40’ in the air? I feel like the repair is being addressed but not the problem. What happens when I get it back and I’m in flight  1000 ft. away over a canyon, the battery launches out again and I can’t recover the drone? I’m sol because it’s not DJI’s problem at that point.
  I was contacted via phone by a DJI representative that informed me of a strap that DJI makes to secure the battery on the Spark. I asked why this didn’t just come with the drone, and why my drone wasn’t being sent back with one. Without answers to my questions the representative asked to call me back after checking into shipping a strap.
  Note to all DJI Spark owners, PURCHASE A BATTERY STRAP!!!
2018-6-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans6632b3d5 Posted at 2018-6-21 09:58
Yes Mindy, your supervisor contacted me after I posted to my thread with the update. I was also sent an invoice that did not have an explanation as to why the battery launched out of this drone 40’ in the air? I feel like the repair is being addressed but not the problem. What happens when I get it back and I’m in flight  1000 ft. away over a canyon, the battery launches out again and I can’t recover the drone? I’m sol because it’s not DJI’s problem at that point.
  I was contacted via phone by a DJI representative that informed me of a strap that DJI makes to secure the battery on the Spark. I asked why this didn’t just come with the drone, and why my drone wasn’t being sent back with one. Without answers to my questions the representative asked to call me back after checking into shipping a strap.
  Note to all DJI Spark owners, PURCHASE A BATTERY STRAP!!!

Pre the case log, the package has been shipped and the tracking number will be available soon, please check later.
For your concern, we'd suggest updating the firmware to the latest version and doing a fully pre-flight checklist. In case the unfortunate happens, we'll arrange data analysis and offer you a proper solution if the unit is still under warranty period.
2018-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules