Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P3SE Wi-Fi Drops Mid Flght!
793 2 2018-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SAM006
lvl.1
Flight distance : 493842 ft
United States

Hello There.
Over the past 4 months, I've flown my DJI Phantom 3 SE and I love it. However recently, I've noticed that the Wi-Fi completely shuts off during the middle of the flight. I have no cluie what to do. I have to manually land the drone, and restart the controller, which takes time away from my beautiful sunset photography opportunity.
Here are a list of things I've done to try to fix, but have failed:
Restarting Controller Mid Flight
Resetting Drone Wi-FI COMPLETELY
Reconnecting The Controller To The Drone
Reinstalling DJI Go
Changing Signals from 5GHz to 2.4Ghz
Switching Channels
Adjusting Antenna to Properly Send Signals To My Drone
NOTES:
Another thing to keep in mind is that I'll lose signal even when the drone is directly in front of me. I can't see how interferance could possibly be a factor in this situation. Also(if needed), the smart device that I am using for flying is a iPad Mini 4 with the latest software / hardware installed.
I haven't noticed and firmware/software/hardware updates on my drone since I got it, so I assume everything is running fine. However, I am still skeptical about the fact that I am missing out on lots of critical updates.
If you have any solution to this issue, please let me know.
Thank you very much!
-Sam
2018-6-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

There are two patch antennas hidden inside your controller, and those are the ones which connect to your SE, so adjusting the stick antenna on top does nothing.   The patch antennas point forwards on the same plane as the controller, so you want to point/aim the controller correctly and not worry about the stick antenna.  It's possible that if you point the controller at the ground in front of you, the signal will interfere with itself, so be sure to aim the controller at the AC.  Good luck
2018-6-10
Use props
SAM006
lvl.1
Flight distance : 493842 ft
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-6-10 03:32
There are two patch antennas hidden inside your controller, and those are the ones which connect to your SE, so adjusting the stick antenna on top does nothing.   The patch antennas point forwards on the same plane as the controller, so you want to point/aim the controller correctly and not worry about the stick antenna.  It's possible that if you point the controller at the ground in front of you, the signal will interfere with itself, so be sure to aim the controller at the AC.  Good luck

I always keep my controller pointed at the drone and above the ground.
2018-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules