Update Batteries in DJI GO 4 iOS App?
888 10 2018-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iamjustjohn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 995600 ft
United States

I have 3 batteries for my Phantom Pro V2.0 and I've been noticing a message that comes up with two of my batteries about Firmware being mismatched asking me to update on the DJI GO 4 app. I believe the battery that came with my drone is not asking me to update leading me to believe that it shipped with the most current firmware. The other two batteries I purcahased from seperate stores. One battery was dated 12/17 and one battery was dated 3/18. As I understand it I cannot use the Assistant on my MacBook Pro at this time because the Assistant is not currently compatible with the V2.0? If so, should I update the batteries using the app? From what I've seen it's been recommened to use the Assistant program on the computer to send Firmware updates to the drone and controller. Should I just wait to update the batteries using the Assistant program or should I update the batteries using the DJI GO 4 app? Thanks.
2018-6-9
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft

I don't have the V2 but on my P4Pro I just use the GO 4 app to update the batteries and have not had a problem.
2018-6-9
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>

Its totally fine...use the app takes a minute for each battery...i had to do this with one of my batterys for my v2
2018-6-10
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You update batteries to their latest firmware via the update/refresh process (the craft firmware is a collection of component firmware). There is a version of Ass2 specifically for the P4P V2.0, so you need to ensure that you've installed that.
The other batteries you purchased would by default have firmware for the original P4 series. That's why you'd be getting the incompatible firmware messages.

But here's the big Gotcha. From my reading, DJI have not yet made available the current firmware for the V2.0. That's why there's lots of reports from new buyers saying that Ass2 displays a "Can't load firmware list" message - there's no firmware version yet available to display. See Post #7 here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D386%26typeid%3D386

This puts you in a bad position currently if you want to refresh the V2.0 firmware to get each new battery in sync. On the Up side, DJI Natalia states that they are hoping to make it available sometime in June, so perhaps you won't be waiting long.

I also use Ass2 for craft updates, rather than the GO4 app, as I find that's more reliable - it takes WiFi out of the loop.

2018-6-10
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-6-10 15:31
You update batteries to their latest firmware via the update/refresh process (the craft firmware is a collection of component firmware). There is a version of Ass2 specifically for the P4P V2.0, so you need to ensure that you've installed that.
The other batteries you purchased would by default have firmware for the original P4 series. That's why you'd be getting the incompatible firmware messages.

For the batteries there would be no need of using Assistant on the 4 Pro's, simply follow the inconsistent firmware popup in the app and the battery would be updated within one minute and the aircraft restart, battery update done.
2018-6-10
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-10 22:10
For the batteries there would be no need of using Assistant on the 4 Pro's, simply follow the inconsistent firmware popup in the app and the battery would be updated within one minute and the aircraft restart, battery update done.

So you're saying that GO 4 app doesn't need to download the firmware in order to refresh the craft? OK, I never update/refresh my firmware using the app so can't say, but I can say with confidence that Ass2 does need to download the firmware each time, so the OP will need access to the new V2.0 firmware to use that. And it's not yet available.
2018-6-11
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-6-11 13:56
So you're saying that GO 4 app doesn't need to download the firmware in order to refresh the craft? OK, I never update/refresh my firmware using the app so can't say, but I can say with confidence that Ass2 does need to download the firmware each time, so the OP will need access to the new V2.0 firmware to use that. And it's not yet available.

Yes that is the advantage using the App for this job, the battery FW is already there (somewhere) and just need to be applied to the battery.
I can't really tell for the v2.0 but can't see why it should differ in that regard.
2018-6-11
Use props
iamjustjohn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 995600 ft
United States

Good info guys. My thanks.

I've updated my batteries using the app and no longer receive that message anymore.

Hoping the Assistant will soon allow me to flash firmware to my V2. Thanks.
2018-6-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

iamjustjohn Posted at 2018-6-12 09:18
Good info guys. My thanks.

I've updated my batteries using the app and no longer receive that message anymore.

Great to hear. Have fun in the sky.
2018-6-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-11 19:49
Yes that is the advantage using the App for this job, the battery FW is already there (somewhere) and just need to be applied to the battery.
I can't really tell for the v2.0 but can't see why it should differ in that regard.

That's interesting to hear, Ked. As the firmware isn't available for download yet, that implies that the craft keeps a copy of the full firmware locally once transmitted, so that the app can trigger a refresh of any component firmware not up-to-date from that stored copy. Otherwise, if an new update is available online, the app would then download that if selected. I'm guessing, of course.
2018-6-12
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-6-12 14:02
That's interesting to hear, Ked. As the firmware isn't available for download yet, that implies that the craft keeps a copy of the full firmware locally once transmitted, so that the app can trigger a refresh of any component firmware not up-to-date from that stored copy. Otherwise, if an new update is available online, the app would then download that if selected. I'm guessing, of course.

No i think this is only the battery firmware, should it be for all modules i think it simply would take up too much space but honest i can't tell for sure what it does or not.
2018-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules