1347 12 2018-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pompy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1037103 ft
Australia

I’m onto my 2nd p4p first one used to constantly glitch and
My screen would go green all the time. Got a new one on dji care now this one constantly plays up. Usually takes me
3 restarts to safely get it in the air. First two times it constantly disconnects then very intermittent tryimg to fly. At the moment I have more trust in my p3p as this still operates as it should.
What do I do???
Next time I fly I could get a video of it if use don’t understand what I’m talking about. Very very frustrating for me as I love making and editing movies with my drone footage. At the moment it feels like I’ve wasted money investing in the p4p.
2018-6-9
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Pompy,

This problem sounds more like a device problem than a bird problem.  What device are you using to fly?

Try this test.  You can fly the P4P without a device but you are limited to 30 meters altitude and maybe 50 meters range (or so).  Check how hard it is to get off the ground without using the device.  Do the double stick start and fly around a little bit.  Are there any problems?

Try to borrow a recent or new device from a friend and see if it can make DJI GO 4 work better.  If the borrowed device works better then you know to buy a better device rather than buy a new bird.

A real good Android device can cost $300 US or so.  It needs to be a recent release (1 year or less) with multi-processors and 2 GB of RAM.  Storage is normally 16 GB on tablets these days.  A device like that will fly a P4P real well.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-6-10
Use props
Pompy
lvl.4
Australia

I’ve got the newest iPhone and newest iPad works on neither unless I restart bird 2 or more times
2018-6-10
Use props
Pompy
lvl.4
Australia

I’ve got a few vids on my phone how do I attatch here??
2018-6-10
Use props
Rivi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74521 ft
United Arab Emirates

Upload to youtube and attach link in your post
2018-6-10
Use props
Pompy
lvl.4
Australia

https://youtu.be/sg41SaKXFgI
2018-6-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

To imbed your videos.
Click Advanced, then tap the black video camera icon.

Insert your YouTube or Vimeo link, tap Submit.

RedHotPoker
2018-6-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

As far as devices go, it’s a good place to look at the approved and tested list, DJI publishes.

RedHotPoker
2018-6-10
Use props
Pompy
lvl.4
Australia

I’m in the process of reloading firmware on assistant fingers crossed. I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling app with no such luck
2018-6-11
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pompy Posted at 2018-6-11 18:12
I’m in the process of reloading firmware on assistant fingers crossed. I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling app with no such luck

Aloha Pompy,

What is the iOS version you are using?  The iOS 11 series had serious problems.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-6-11
Use props
Pompy
lvl.4
Australia

After talking to dji themselves I uploaded assistant 2 on my computer then I did a recalibration and took my update off then reloaded it. Now I’m greatful to say that it’s airborne again woooohoooo.
2018-6-12
Use props
Pompy
lvl.4
Australia

It’s back to doing its old tricks again pretty well got a very expensive brick again
2018-8-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Pompy Posted at 2018-6-12 02:04
After talking to dji themselves I uploaded assistant 2 on my computer then I did a recalibration and took my update off then reloaded it. Now I’m greatful to say that it’s airborne again woooohoooo.

Hi, thanks for appreciating our help. Here in DJI we always try to extend our efforts for us to serve you better. Thank you.
2018-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules