Yaw Error
4707 13 2018-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stevewa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 71375 ft
Australia

New spark owner have had several flights with no problems till Friday got several messages flashing on iphone screen.I use controller with iphone attached can someone have a look at flight record and tell me if this problem with flight was caused by user error http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/WCYTT56FRNRJSUQ6DKFX
thanks in advance
2018-6-10
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>

No user error, turn it into service ASAP!
An all too common error I have seen with a lot of users here.
If using DJI Assistant 2 to refresh the firmware does not resolve the issue then send it into service.
Please note, when you test after refreshing, keep the craft close much as you did on your example flight you posted.

2018-6-10
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Hello Mate !

I think you should take a moment and start learning what ATTI Mode is,  Compass Errors & Yaw Errors (Usually Related when Compass and IMU  create a Mismatch), Satellite HDOP, Magnetic Interference, etc..

https://forum.dji.com/thread-151297-1-1.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Case

Your Spark entering in ATTI Mode is not because it was a User Error, but because there was Magnetic Interference. You may ask from where, I will show you.

I can see that behind you there were Powerlines all through out the road. This may have caused the Compass to change the True Reading, IMU will not be effected with Magnetic Interference, when you take off and start moving away, the Compass will start gettting back to normal as the Interference is starting to Fade Away and will now show the True Reading. The Spark will see that when the Compass was changing, the IMU didn't move in co-ordination with the Compass, so it will Report a 'YAW Error' (Yaw is related to the IMU - Yaw Axis). Then the Spark will say ! There is a Mismatch between Compass and IMU and will give you 'Yaw Error' then 'Compass Error' also sending the Spark in ATTI Mode where it will lose GPS Positioning.

Fortunately your Spark entered P-GPS Mode again and you could make an RTH. If you are in ATTI, RTH wont work so dont stare at your Drone, but land or bring it back Manually via the Remote Sticks Controls. Thats why in your case, keeping it in Visual Line of Sight (VLOS) made you able to recover the Drone ! Welldone !

2018-6-10
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

The co-ordinates where takes from your FlightLog -

Powerlines Magnetic Interference just behind where you took off.

2018-6-10
Use props
Stevewa
lvl.2
Australia

Thanks for the information will check firmware and will become more aware of the surroundings before I fly again
2018-6-10
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Most important is -

1) Update all Firmware as User 'pmshop' told you, I think you have probably already done it when you received your Spark

2) Check you have the Compass and IMU Calibrated (Lots of Tutorials on Youtube)

3) Do a Preflight Checklist

4) Check you Compass before Takeoff - Hover a Bit after you Take off, and check that the Red Arrow is pointing in same Direction that Spark is Facing, there is a Procedure in the Link to my Post which will help you learn more how to do this. It was posted by my friend Hallmark007.

5) Know your Surroundings ! VERY IMPORTANT ! - Thank God you recovered your Drone, many end have the Drone enter ATTI and the Wind Currents can drift the Drone away as the Drone won't hold postion (NO GPS to help) during ATTI Mode. Again read my Post in the Link above.

6) FLY always in VLOS as its the Safest

7) If you see Wobbling or TBE (Toilet Bowl Effect) where the Drone shows that it is Shaky and Turns in Circles, just Land ASAP ! So you wont have trouble losing it. Also explained in the Link I provided.

Any help you need message me, I am here to share my knowledge with you Guys. Have a Nice day.

2018-6-10
Use props
Stevewa
lvl.2
Australia

Thanks DMX-MT had a quick look at link and will spend more time studying the items in the link cheers mate
2018-6-10
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Compass Calibration Tutorial -

2018-6-10
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Compass Error Example - Due to Metal Structure - Magnetic Interference

2018-6-10
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

IMU Calibration Tutorial -

2018-6-10
Use props
Stevewa
lvl.2
Australia

Thanks for those videos will take a look tomorrow cheers
2018-6-10
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Stevewa Posted at 2018-6-10 05:59
Thanks DMX-MT had a quick look at link and will spend more time studying the items in the link cheers mate

I did that Post especially for New Pilots like Me, covering - https://forum.dji.com/thread-151297-1-1.html

1) Pre-Flight Checklist
2) Compass Related Errors
3) ATTI Mode what it means and how to deal with it
4) How the Spark sees Errors and Jumps from P-GPS to ATTI Mode
5) Compass and IMU Errors (Compass / Yaw Error)
6) Magnetic Interferences
7) GPS Satellites and that Most Important is the GPS Bars altough 11 Sat is a must
8) HDOP Satellite Positioning

And other Knowledge from other Users who always help me out and contribute to my Posts.

We are here to help each other, I understand that many New Pilots, INCLUDING ME, didn't know about all these Important Topics before flying, so it is Wise to help New Pilots, be aware of such Situations. Some topics may be very hard to understand at the Beginning, but just knowing about them and 'ASKING OTHER' (Very Important !) by time you will understand them and even teach New Pilots !

Have a Nice Day Buddy ! Lots of love from Malta !

Darryl
2018-6-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

We do apologize for the inconvenience. I understand that we are having an issue with your Spark.  Let us update the firmware of your Spark. I will be posting the latest link for the Spark's firmware ( https://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads ). when using your drone please avoid things that can interfere with the signals of your Spark like powerlines. If this process will not work all you need to do is to make an online repair request so that our technicians will be able to check or assess the drone further. This is the link for the online repair request ( https://repair.dji.com/repair/index ). Thank you.
2018-6-11
Use props
Stevewa
lvl.2
Australia

I have flown again yesterday no problems in an area with no interference.All firmware seems to be up to date thanks
2018-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules