Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 Gimble unresponsive, No app connection- can still fly.
463 1 2018-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans725763da
New
New Zealand

Hi All,

I have had my Phantom 3 Standard since September 2016 and flown it regularly. I have never had an issue with it, and have never crashed it or misstreated it. It has been really well looked after. Two days ago I flew it for arround half an hour without any problems, packed it up as usual and went home. I charged my remote and batteries, and tried to fly it today. When I powered it on it made the standard 4 beeps, turning each motor to test them- however the gimble did nothing- normally it moves arround and locks into a foward facing position. The 4 arm leds blinked a very faint red repetitively. When I connected my phone to the controller the app had no signal and showed no connection to the drone. The drone was completely unresposnive. I tried my other battery, and it had the same result.

I brought it home to try and figure out what the problem was. If I power on the drone, and then controller, the connection led will go from red to green and I can start the motors spinning manually with the controller. However it won't connect if the controller was on first. In either case the app does not see the drone at all, no singal, no recognition, nothing. After trying to find out more information about problems like these I am starting to think either the gimble, gimble board or main board has somehow failed, but the radio receiver is still working. Can anyone help me figure out what the problem is? I also just found out DJI offers the shortest warranty period I have ever seen- 6 to 12 months!

Please help- I love my drone and would hate to find out that it can stop working without reason and I am worried about this incredibly short waranty period.  
2018-6-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I am sorry to hear the difficulty with your drone. Please check if there is a need to update the firmware for the drone, besides, please also check if the pin cable that connects the gimbal and drone is loosened, ensure that the cable is connected tightly.
If the gimbal keeps like this situation, you might need to send the drone in for service. Please kindly contact our support for a further help: http://www.dji.com/support
Besides, I am sorry to know that your warranty might have expired. However, we hope you can understand that the electronic products will have their own warranty period, if the drone is out of warranty period, customers need to pay for the repair when there is a need. Hope for your kind understanding.
2018-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules