Dark spot - Phantom 4 pro
1953 8 2018-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gy6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28609 ft
Bulgaria

I saw a dark spot in the videos that I shoot, upper in the center. It's hard to see it with open aperture, but with F11 it's black. There is nothing on UV filter and I check the lens too. What can I do, any suggestions please? (The first picture is with open aperture)

1.png
2.png
2018-6-10
Use props
ChrisLX200
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10184 ft
United Kingdom

That small piece of dirt is either on the filter or lens (check by repeating the exposures without filter in place - if it's still visible then definitely on the lens). It is not on the sensor itself otherwise it would be black and have a sharp outline. So carefully clean the outside of the lens again. If it doesn't move then the only option is to remove the lens and clean the other side of it. Not sure how easy that is with the P4P..
2018-6-10
Use props
Gy6
lvl.3
Bulgaria

ChrisLX200 Posted at 2018-6-10 09:45
That small piece of dirt is either on the filter or lens (check by repeating the exposures without filter in place - if it's still visible then definitely on the lens). It is not on the sensor itself otherwise it would be black and have a sharp outline. So carefully clean the outside of the lens again. If it doesn't move then the only option is to remove the lens and clean the other side of it. Not sure how easy that is with the P4P..

Yes. it's the same without UV filter. I don't know how to remove the lens. (Maybe something like this - )
2018-6-10
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

Gy6 Posted at 2018-6-10 10:30
Yes. it's the same without UV filter. I don't know how to remove the lens.

You can't remove the lens.
It can very well be dust on the sensor. But it's unlikely since it is an enclosed system.
Usually these problems come with cameras with interchangeable lenses. Upon lense change the sensor gets exposed.
https://photographylife.com/how-to-spot-dust-on-your-dslr-sensor
2018-6-10
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Eric13 Posted at 2018-6-10 10:39
You can't remove the lens.
It can very well be dust on the sensor. But it's unlikely since it is an enclosed system.
Usually these problems come with cameras with interchangeable lenses. Upon lense change the sensor gets exposed.

Of course you can remove the lens of P4P camera to examine if you know how to ...
2018-6-10
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-6-10 10:57
Of course you can remove the lens of P4P camera to examine if you know how to ...

True - of course everything can be disassembeld.
I referred to it in the sense of not losing possible warranty ;-)
2018-6-10
Use props
ChrisLX200
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10184 ft
United Kingdom

Eric13 Posted at 2018-6-10 11:31
True - of course everything can be disassembled.
I referred to it in the sense of not loosing possible warranty ;-)

I would need to be very sure the contaminant was on the inside of the lens before attempting that kind of repair. Done similar on other types of camera and it's very difficult to keep everything clean and dust-free. Also, take the battery out - don't disassemble electronics with any sort of power connected (unlike the joker in the vid)  
2018-6-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Gy6, if you had tried cleaning the appearance of the lens, you might need to send the drone in for service. Please contact our support on the following page to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-6-14
Use props
Gy6
lvl.3
Bulgaria

My drone is in the SERVICE CENTER today & I'm waiting for a response (& my P4P of course)
2018-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules