Inside Passage to Alaska by Boat with DJI Mavic Pro
1735 5 2018-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tfmkevin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 553097 ft
United States

The Inside Passage from Puget Sound, Washington to Skagway, Alaska is one of the most scenic water routes in the world. Most of the destinations can be reached only by boat or floatplane, and the ~1,000 mile trip takes around a month one way in a typical cruising boat. I've been using a DJI Mavic Pro to capture some of the amazing locations we've visited along the route. The Mavicworks well launching and retrieving from the boat on the water, and the compact size and rapid deployment make it an outstanding travel drone. I've been shooting mostly stills in RAW, and using Adobe Lightroom to post-process the RAW images. Shooting RAW gives a tremendous amount of lattitude in the difficult, high-contrast light typically encountered shooting scenics over water.

Here are some samples of the work so far.

This post contains more resources

You need to Login Before they can download or view these resources, Don’t have an account?Register now

x
2018-6-10
Use props
dj_dread
Second Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

Excellent shots!
2018-6-10
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Nice shot keep it up !
2018-6-10
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi, please check the email of the prize you won in "Now,it's Epic" in one day, orit will be understood as your forfeiture of this prize.
2018-8-12
Use props
tfmkevin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 553097 ft
United States

Dang, apparently the email went to my spam folder, and now it’s too late. Oh well.
2018-8-14
Use props
Flying Slow
lvl.1

Awesome images. Just recently took a cruise through there.
2018-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules