Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cant connect to my new s8+
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jwaltee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 289 ft

I've read a lot of old post but they don't seem to have a solution. I haven't used my drone since I had this new phone. Tried to connect it recently and it doesnt recognize the drone.
Downloaded the latest app.
Connect phone to RC. Phone makes a noise and looks like its charging.
Never gets off the show how to connect screen.
Not sure what to do.

2018-6-10
Use props
Mickus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 601677 ft
United States

Never had issue with my S8+ but have with my tab S2. What I do with the tab is set airplane mode, wifi off start controller then ac, open dji app, open Developer options in tablet, allow USB debugging, set USB input from MTP to RNDIS connect USB cord wait short while and camera view is enabled. This process works without fail on my tablet. Good luck.
2018-6-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello. I am wondering if you will be using the S8+ on your Inspire 1 v2.0 or  Phantom 3 Professional. Kindly confirm it? Based on our tested and recommended devices, this Samsung S8+ is included on Inspire 1 V2.0. But not with Phantom 3 Professional. Please see all the images below.

If you are having an issue with Samsung S8+, kindly provide us the following information:

Firmware version of your aircraft & remote controller:
Firmware version of DJI Go 4 App:
Android Version:

Here are the lists of tested and recommended devices:

For Phantom 3 Professional

For Inspire 1 V2.0

2018-6-11
Use props
jwaltee
lvl.1
United States

Mickus Posted at 2018-6-11 08:59
Never had issue with my S8+ but have with my tab S2. What I do with the tab is set airplane mode, wifi off start controller then ac, open dji app, open Developer options in tablet, allow USB debugging, set USB input from MTP to RNDIS connect USB cord wait short while and camera view is enabled. This process works without fail on my tablet. Good luck.

No luck with this. thanks anyway
2018-6-11
Use props
jwaltee
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-11 12:48
Hello. I am wondering if you will be using the S8+ on your Inspire 1 v2.0 or  Phantom 3 Professional. Kindly confirm it? Based on our tested and recommended devices, this Samsung S8+ is included on Inspire 1 V2.0. But not with Phantom 3 Professional. Please see all the images below.

If you are having an issue with Samsung S8+, kindly provide us the following information:

I am using a Phantom 3 pro
It looks like the app is DJI Go v3.1.38
Android version 8
I'm not sure how I can find the version of the controller and drone without being able to connect the phone to it.

Will I not be able to use the drone anymore? It apparently wont fly without the phone. It doesnt fly from the controller. is that normal
2018-6-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

jwaltee Posted at 2018-6-11 14:48
Android version 8

Sorry for the trouble. It does not mean that it is not part of the listed devices, it won't work. But as of the moment, you already have tried it but it seems that it is still not communicating with your aircraft. Then, I recommend using those devices that are tested and recommended by our Engineers. No worry, I am going to raise this concern to our Engineering Team so that they can work on Samsung S8+. Just keep checking on our DJI website for more updates.
2018-6-11
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

jwaltee Posted at 2018-6-11 14:48
Android version 8

You might try a different USB cable. Also the recommended procedure above did not work for you? Enable developer options, and toggle the "input". That woks for me too. Your phantom will fly without any mobile device, but isn't much fun because you cannot see the camera view, but it will fly!
2018-6-11
Use props
Hurley1718
Captain
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

It sounds like you have the default USB function set to charge when plugged in. You need to clear this so that when you plug int he RC it lets you choose which app you want to open, for isntance DJI Go 4.

When opening a link or shortcut on other Android devices, you're usually given the option to use an app either "Just this once" or "Always." Here's how you can enable this on the Galaxy S8:
Open the Settings app
Tap on Apps
Tap on the 3-dot menu
Select Default apps
From there, tap Default app selection and change it to Ask before setting default.

If you already set a bunch of apps to open automatically and want to clear them, simply go back into Settings > Apps > 3-dot menu > Reset app preferences > Reset to clear all your defaults.
2018-6-11
Use props
jwaltee
lvl.1
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2018-6-11 15:27
You might try a different USB cable. Also the recommended procedure above did not work for you? Enable developer options, and toggle the "input". That woks for me too. Your phantom will fly without any mobile device, but isn't much fun because you cannot see the camera view, but it will fly!

As you know the OEM cable from DJI doesnt fit the S8.
I have tried the 2 USB cables that I have. Both are pretty long, like 1 Meter.
What did you use for a cable
2018-6-13
Use props
jwaltee
lvl.1
United States

Also, my drone does not fly without the phone.
The only thing I can get it to do is tilt the cam with the dial and it will pan the cam a small amount each way with the control stick. No other functions respond.
Keep in mind that I have not operated this drone in a very long time.
Batteries are half charged. Full when I first started messing with it and it would start the props then either.
2018-6-13
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
United States

jwaltee Posted at 2018-6-13 15:15
As you know the OEM cable from DJI doesnt fit the S8.
I have tried the 2 USB cables that I have. Both are pretty long, like 1 Meter.
What did you use for a cable

Sorry for the late reply. The S8 has the newer C3-usb connector. You'll need to buy a UBS cable with that type of end to use. They are cheap everywhere. Or I have seen adapters to convert the standard C1/C2 to the C3 fast charging end. I use a Nvidea shield so it has the older C2 type end. You and get the cables in multiple lengths. I did a quick search on Amazon and found a 1' one for $3.99.
2018-6-15
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
United States

jwaltee Posted at 2018-6-13 15:25
Also, my drone does not fly without the phone.
The only thing I can get it to do is tilt the cam with the dial and it will pan the cam a small amount each way with the control stick. No other functions respond.
Keep in mind that I have not operated this drone in a very long time.

You might try to re-link your aircraft and RC. It should fly without any mobile device.
2018-6-15
Use props
jwaltee
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-11 14:56
Sorry for the trouble. It does not mean that it is not part of the listed devices, it won't work. But as of the moment, you already have tried it but it seems that it is still not communicating with your aircraft. Then, I recommend using those devices that are tested and recommended by our Engineers. No worry, I am going to raise this concern to our Engineering Team so that they can work on Samsung S8+. Just keep checking on our DJI website for more updates.

So i was able to fly the drone using rhe remote only, after i reconnected the remote to the drone.
Still cant use my phone.
Also tried connecting it to an older ipad and that doesnt connect to it either.
Is there a support number i can call into?
Jason
2018-6-24
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

jwaltee Posted at 2018-6-24 10:20
So i was able to fly the drone using rhe remote only, after i reconnected the remote to the drone.
Still cant use my phone.

See the bottom of https://www.dji.com/support/product/phantom-3-pro

Best luck
2018-6-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

jwaltee Posted at 2018-6-24 10:20
So i was able to fly the drone using rhe remote only, after i reconnected the remote to the drone.
Still cant use my phone.

Thank you for your response. Sorry to hear if it is still not working. You may call our Technical Support via phone, UNITED STATES & CANADA +1 (818) 235 0789. The support hotline is open from Mon-Fri 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM (PST).
2018-6-26
Use props
Barry146
lvl.1

New Zealand

Same issue, found a solution yet?
2019-3-22
Use props
Dcuda69
lvl.1

United States

Barry146 Posted at 3-22 00:07
Same issue, found a solution yet?

Same issue with an S9. Any possible fixes? Thanks!!
2019-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules