746 5 2018-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spark-ch
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5547667 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

I was at a monument today and I decided to try the Spark's auto-Circle feature today (for the first time, I'll say)

The video below shows what happened. Things were going just fine until the Spark decided to make a crazy beeline right towards the monument. It was only because I interjected at the last minute that it didn't hit it.

The flight data shows the track and how it went wrong, and also shows the point where I manually stepped in.

The box it asked you to draw around the object was around a triangle of the top pointy bit of the monument.

Does anyone have any idea what went wrong, or perhaps what I did wrong? As you'll see from the flight data, it didn't report any errors and had a solid GPS and signal throughout.

2018-6-10
Use props
dj_dread
Second Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

Was it windy?
2018-6-10
Use props
spark-ch
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5547667 ft
United Kingdom

No, very calm.

Even at height I saw no signs of wind and received no alerts in 20 minutes flying.
2018-6-10
Use props
pmshop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>

I had this happen once before with the Spark.
The second time I used it, it worked fine
I hope you find a resolution.
2018-6-10
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

The Spark AI is tracking an image.  It isn't using GPS to stay still.   So at the end it figures the target is retreating and needs some forward to keep on it.  Tracking optically is a poor way to keep distance.  The Spark needs a lazer rangefinder or a radar dish.  So, in lew of those fancy range determining instruments, pilots are required to keep on the ball and watch their drone closely while flying it.  Casual pilots are soon parted from their drone.  

Good job correcting your aircraft when it went off course.
2018-6-10
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Yikes - that's why you always want to have your finger placed on the pause button whenever you're flying in Active Track.
2018-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules