DJI Osmo Yellow Solid LED
3242 7 2018-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dhunte21
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1857 ft

So out of the clear blues, my DJI Osmo died on me, I have no video feed and I can not access the SD card. I tried everything possible to get it to work, but it seems as though it is dead. I can control the gimbal through the app, but no camera feed. All the icon on the lefts side are not responding, I can not record, or take any photos. Reading the manual states the Yellow LED is a SD card error, but to loose  all video feed is not cool. I did a reset, and checked the firmware version, nothing seems to be work. Has anyone else had an issue like this, and what is the fix for this, or am I left with a paper weight.

Thanks
2018-6-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello. We apologize that you're having issues with your Osmo. Have you tried to reinstall the app on your mobile device? Have you tried to reformat the SD card? As per checking at the user manual for Osmo, the meaning of the solid yellow LED means "no battery detected". Can you try to remove the battery then insert it again?
sdfghjkleryujh.png
2018-6-11
Use props
Dhunte21
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-11 05:20
Hello. We apologize that you're having issues with your Osmo. Have you tried to reinstall the app on your mobile device? Have you tried to reformat the SD card? As per checking at the user manual for Osmo, the meaning of the solid yellow LED means "no battery detected". Can you try to remove the battery then insert it again?

HI Wanda,

I have 3 Batteries and they all charge well, I have tried many different variations, the hand held unit powers up the camera, I can do everything, but can not record, or the software will not recognize the SD Card, I did try another SD card from my other drones, and no luck. I tried to do a reset, still no luck. I can see the software load on my Ipad, Iphone you can control the pan, tilt and zoom from the Ipad/iphone screen, but the icons on the left side are grayed out, and I have no image, just a grey screen. So this point I think it is either a defective camera or hand held.
2018-6-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Dhunte21 Posted at 2018-6-11 05:48
HI Wanda,

I have 3 Batteries and they all charge well, I have tried many different variations, the hand held unit powers up the camera, I can do everything, but can not record, or the software will not recognize the SD Card, I did try another SD card from my other drones, and no luck. I tried to do a reset, still no luck. I can see the software load on my Ipad, Iphone you can control the pan, tilt and zoom from the Ipad/iphone screen, but the icons on the left side are grayed out, and I have no image, just a grey screen. So this point I think it is either a defective camera or hand held.

I see. May I know what SD card are you using? SD card must be in a max capacity of 64 GB. Speed is UHS-1 or higher. Higher speeds are recommended.
2018-6-11
Use props
Dhunte21
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-11 06:06
I see. May I know what SD card are you using? SD card must be in a max capacity of 64 GB. Speed is UHS-1 or higher. Higher speeds are recommended.

I am using the: SanDisk Extreme PRO 64GB UHS-I/U3 Micro SDXC Memory Card Speeds Up To 95MB/s With 4K Ultra HD Ready-SDSDQXP-064G-G46A. This is what I have been using for my other Drones.

2018-6-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Dhunte21 Posted at 2018-6-11 06:27
I am using the: SanDisk Extreme PRO 64GB UHS-I/U3 Micro SDXC Memory Card Speeds Up To 95MB/s With 4K Ultra HD Ready-SDSDQXP-064G-G46A. This is what I have been using for my other Drones.

I see. If that's the case, we highly recommend to send it to our repair center to have it checked by our engineers. Please start a creating a repair case online: repair.dji.com
2018-6-11
Use props
Dhunte21
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-11 07:07
I see. If that's the case, we highly recommend to send it to our repair center to have it checked by our engineers. Please start a creating a repair case online: repair.dji.com

Thank you,

One has been created already and I the UPS shipping label, and unit all boxed up. My only question is will be cost effective to repair or purchase a new one.
2018-6-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Dhunte21 Posted at 2018-6-11 07:21
Thank you,

One has been created already and I the UPS shipping label, and unit all boxed up. My only question is will be cost effective to repair or purchase a new one.

It will depend on the result of the damage assessment of our engineers. If it's under the 12 months warranty period and it's a product malfunction, DJI will cover the expenses.
2018-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules