Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AndyTin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4022835 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,

Fairly new to GS Pro and can't figure this one out.

S900 with separate camera with own power supply. (GS Pro recognises it as A3)
Ipad Mini iOS 11.3
GS Pro 1.8.3
Nearest no fly zone over 10 miles away

Get to site, plot way points on GS Pro, click fly, waypoints downloaded, all other systems are green, tap start to fly, S900 takes off and hovers 2m above the ground and stays there.  Tried manual take off and flight to approximate location of first way point, again all downloads fine, but S900 just hovers.

As an experiment and this is not the mode I wish to use, I tried photomap, set the area and the area/mission was flown. (Had to fit X5 for this flight).  Reverted to waypoint mode with the same issue, S900 just hovers.  All waypoints verified to be within area required.

Back at home, which incidently is closer to a no fly zone and both waypoint and photomap work fine.  I have compared the settings for both flights and sites and they are identical, apart from the Lat & Lon.  I have been back to this site twice now with the same results.  Nearest building (farm) 500m away, no powerlines or masts. Distance to area from take off 100m max.

Just tried another iPad mini on latest iOS 11.4, and this time at home, the waypoint mission will not fly.  Is this problem related to an iPad setting?

If anyone can throw any light on this I would be very grateful.

Andy
2018-6-11
Use props
AndyTin
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

UPDATE:- Just deleted GS Pro app and re-installed and the iPad with iOS 11.4 will now fly waypoint mission at home. Next step to try out on site in a few days time.
2018-6-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Andy, thanks for your post, it is a little weird, please test the previous place to see if the issue persists and keep us updated.
2018-6-12
Use props
AndyTin
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Returned to original site today and flew in waypoint mission without any problems.  It therefore seems that the app, GS Pro, had become corrupted in some form. Deleting it and re-installing it cured it.  I still have the same issue with the iPad mini with iOS 11.3, that has developed the same problem.  I will have to delete and re-install.  Is there anyway to save the missions before deleting the app?  I have to re-fly the same missions on a very regular basis.  Why two iPads should develop the same corrupted app can't just be a coincidence?
2018-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules