Mavic Pro earlier Flight Simulator
1467 4 2018-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chris36
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4941 ft
Netherlands

There was a version of the Mavic Pro flight simulator (pre-firmware version  1.03.0000 I think and with the then current version of the DJI Go 4 app) in which you could vary the wind velocity and direction, switch to different views e.g. from the "cockpit" and select several of the Intelligent Flight modes for practice.  What happened to this more advanced and considerably more useful flight simulator?  Can anyone recall this version?

2018-6-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Chris, if you would like, I suggest that you try to use the simulator on the DJI Assistant 2.
2018-6-15
Use props
Chris36
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-6-15 01:03
Chris, if you would like, I suggest that you try to use the simulator on the DJI Assistant 2.

Hi, Thor.  Does your suggestion mean that the FS for Mavic Pro is different and better with the DJI Assistant 2?
2018-6-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Chris36 Posted at 2018-6-15 01:14
Hi, Thor.  Does your suggestion mean that the FS for Mavic Pro is different and better with the DJI Assistant 2?

It is slightly different when using the simulator in DJI Assistant 2, you just enter the transmission interface and do the operation. I think it might vary from the personal preference when it comes to which one is better.
2018-6-15
Use props
Chris36
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-6-15 04:36
It is slightly different when using the simulator in DJI Assistant 2, you just enter the transmission interface and do the operation. I think it might vary from the personal preference when it comes to which one is better.

Hi aagin, Thor.  Thank you for your response but though I have downloaded and installed the Assistant 2 software on my Win 7 PC I did not succeed in getting a flight simulator I could use.  I connected the Mavic Pro to my PC via USB, powered on the RC, powered on the Mavic Pro, ran the Assistant 2 on my PC with the following results:-
1. PC indicated it was trying to find a USB driver
2. No driver found but option to continue without loading driver.
3. Assistant produced a table showing several other parameters were OK.
4. Mavic Pro was recognised and when selected provided a number of download and upgrade options as well as a "Simulator" option (but not a "Flight Simulator").
5. Selected simulator and obtained a page of data with the option to select "Simulate" but this only produced a table of flight parameters.

I have tried to find instructions for using Assistant 2 but with no success on the DJI and other forums, You Tube and the web in general but with no success.  So far the best version I have seen of a Mavic Pro Flight simulator is on the Tutorial (I believe a non-DJI source) you can check via the following link:-

The current firmware does NOT provide this much more useful version and I would be grateful if you can provide any information on how  we might obtain and use this version.
I look forward to your response,
with kind regards,

Chris36
2018-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules