Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Propellers For Inspire 2
1452 14 2018-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Octavian
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56158 ft
Romania

I heard that DJI released new propellers (version 3) for Inspire 2 ?
If is true, how can I get them and they are free?
I was reading they are release as replacement for problem haunted propellers.
2018-6-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello. I appreciate your time inquiring this information to us. We will confirm this information with our management and we will keep you updated. Thank you for your understanding.
2018-6-11
Use props
Octavian
lvl.2

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-11 05:54
Hello. I appreciate your time inquiring this information to us. We will confirm this information with our management and we will keep you updated. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello, it is ok to add some tape under propeller to stay tight??? After I put some tape they don't move at all they are tight. However, I'm afraid of motor detachments. So what DJI recommends to prevent propeller movement and motor detachment???
2018-6-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Octavian Posted at 2018-6-11 07:17
Hello, it is ok to add some tape under propeller to stay tight??? After I put some tape they don't move at all they are tight. However, I'm afraid of motor detachments. So what DJI recommends to prevent propeller movement and motor detachment???

I understand you want to have a faster way of fixing your problem about your drone. However, we highly suggest to send it to our repair center and let our engineer fix it because it might void the warranty.
2018-6-11
Use props
ToscanaDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

New propellers? ...follow!
2018-6-11
Use props
Jbundy63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9583182 ft
  • >>>
United States

Following as well!
2018-6-11
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can you post a link to your news source on this?

I would be interested on this subject and wondering if DJI is replacing the hubs also, IMO The prop hubs are part of the problem

Thanks
Rich
2018-6-11
Use props
Octavian
lvl.2
Romania

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-11 07:52
I understand you want to have a faster way of fixing your problem about your drone. However, we highly suggest to send it to our repair center and let our engineer fix it because it might void the warranty.

You get me wrong. I add tape between propeller and mounting plates to stay tight without wiggle.
I asked you: how a propeller should stay???
Tight or it should wiggle a little??? Can you ask a supervisor or a engineer and tell me. I heard that propeller wiggle can cause motor detachments.
Has DJI some clamps or brackets to prevent engine detachments or at least a special protection plan. I started to regret that I brought Inspire 2.  No Osmo for X5S also.
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Octavian, there is no new propellers was released recently. The shipping propellers should all be V3 since there is foam inside of the propellers. It is not recommended to add any tape to the propeller, the engineering tolerance between the propeller and propeller mounting plate is within a standard range. This issue does not affect the normal use and flight safety.
2018-6-12
Use props
Octavian
lvl.2
Romania

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-12 02:35
Hi Octavian, there is no new propellers was released recently. The shipping propellers should all be V3 since there is foam inside of the propellers. It is not recommended to add any tape to the propeller, the engineering tolerance between the propeller and propeller mounting plate is within a standard range. This issue does not affect the normal use and flight safety.

So what was the cause of motor detachments and how can we prevent it? Has DJI some approved device to prevent this?
2018-6-14
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft

Hi.

I wouldn't expect any new props for the I2 or a fix from DJI.

If you feel it's unsafe to fly your drone while the props a rattling around like a broken bearing then you have to take your own measures to remedy the problem.

That's the truth I'm afraid
2018-6-14
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Octavian Posted at 2018-6-14 01:08
So what was the cause of motor detachments and how can we prevent it? Has DJI some approved device to prevent this?

Octavian, stop worrying. Ignore the issue as it is absolutely irrelevant to Inspire 2 performance or motor mounting rigidity. Two or three reported and mythological cases of motor detachment during flight were probably caused by faulty assembly, not by faulty engineering. Loose propellers rattle is eliminated the moment you take off. However, if the rattle makes you nervous when spinning the props on your desk, suit yourself and fix it by shimming. Finally you may invest in this solution if you need to sleep better .https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D385%26typeid%3D385
2018-6-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Octavian Posted at 2018-6-14 01:08

As I explained in the last post, there might be an engineering tolerance between the propeller and propeller mounting plate since they are plastic parts made through injection molding, but the tolerances are within a standard range
You could show us a short video if you are worried about it, we can help to verify if it is normal.
2018-6-15
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

@Mindy

Will the solution Matt mentioned above, link here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D385%26typeid%3D385
have any negative effect on warranty or DJI Care? In other words, if I mount the above solution, is my Inspire 2 still under warranty and DJI Care?
2018-6-15
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-6-14 22:46
Octavian, stop worrying. Ignore the issue as it is absolutely irrelevant to Inspire 2 performance or motor mounting rigidity. Two or three reported and mythological cases of motor detachment during flight were probably caused by faulty assembly, not by faulty engineering. Loose propellers rattle is eliminated the moment you take off. However, if the rattle makes you nervous when spinning the props on your desk, suit yourself and fix it by shimming. Finally you may invest in this solution if you need to sleep better .https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D385%26typeid%3D385

Hi Matthew.

I've read your views on this theory before and I respect your view but my experience is different.

I had some DJI props with the foam inserts. When I first flew them everything was fine. After a few flights I noticed my I2 pulsating with vibrations through the arms and entire air frame. I checked the props and the foam had lost it's capacity to hold the props close to the hubs, it turn the props were just as loose as when there was no foam.

I used (and still am using) the glue shim method and the vibrations disappeared, never to return for after well over a year.

Those vibrations I'm sure could cause the glue to fracture and the motor housing to become disattached from the arms.

Not to start an argument, just a different opinion
2018-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules