Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Speed for turn movement
446 11 2018-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nico17
New

France

Hello !
I'm trying to get as slow as possible a turn with my P4PV2.
I'm trying with TRIPOD mode but only altitude and movement are slower, not the turn, always too fast.

I can get a very nice slow turn if using the POI as you can set the speed of the turn... but it is for static object.
What about a moving object, like a boat ?

I try to lower the parameters in the EXP menu, but still can't get a good result (like in POI mode).

Any idea to do that manually ?

Thanks !

Jdo

2018-6-11
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

When you say "turn" are you talking about a simple yaw movement (with the drone hovering and rotating left or right), or flying a circle around a moving object? In the first case just apply very very little yaw, in the second case you need a nose-on circle, which is done by applying yaw AND roll, and the amount of both will influence the result... Or you can use Active Track, it has various capabilities.
2018-6-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

May you please send us a sample video that shows the "turn" you are referring to?
2018-6-11
Use props
Nico17
New

France

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-11 07:07
May you please send us a sample video that shows the "turn" you are referring to?

Here is the test. As you can see the Yaw is too fast (for what I need), and not smooth, coming too fast (because of me I know, but hard to control everything).
I start with a P4 and thought that P4PV2 will give me more flexibility, but no.
POI is great, but not for moving object.
How could I slow down the Yaw ? Thanks !
2018-6-11
Use props
Nico17
New

France

Antonio76 Posted at 2018-6-11 06:48
When you say "turn" are you talking about a simple yaw movement (with the drone hovering and rotating left or right), or flying a circle around a moving object? In the first case just apply very very little yaw, in the second case you need a nose-on circle, which is done by applying yaw AND roll, and the amount of both will influence the result... Or you can use Active Track, it has various capabilities.

Thanks, see my sample, you will understand what I'm looking for.
I don't understand why TRIPOD mode don't slow down the Yaw effect, POI does.
2018-6-11
Use props
DEUCEDOG
Captain
Flight distance : 2501575 ft

I find flying manual is the best  way  but it just takes a-lot of practice ..... this i tend to do in atti mode  flying in circles around myself
2018-6-11
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nico17 Posted at 2018-6-11 08:04

I agree with Deucedog. A lot of patient practice. It will come with time. I understand what you are trying to do.
2018-6-11
Use props
Hurley1718
Captain
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>

Agree with the 2 posts above this. Lots of practice. I practice by follow cars in my neighborhood they are moving slower and if your height is above all the trees and homes then you won’t worry about running into anything. Practice, practice, practice.
2018-6-11
Use props
Aerial-Image
Captain
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try these they are pretty gentle...

2018-6-11
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Captain
Flight distance : 3372566 ft

There are 2 things I can think of that might help in your case. Instead of POI mode, Active Track might be a better option because it allows you to rotate around the subject while it is moving. Another way that will make a significant difference is raising the control sticks. I was unaware for a while when I first got my drone that you could do this. Simply unscrew the sticks until they are raised to just below where they will come off then tighten it back up. This will definitely help in manual flying and rotating while using active track.
2018-6-11
Use props
Eric13
Captain
Flight distance : 13430925 ft
  • >>>

Try under EXP settings the value 0.10 for rotate left/right.
Under Yaw Endpoint go to 50 or below.

You are right: In Tripod mode everything slows down but yaw. That makes not much sense to me either.
For the Mavic they have a cinematic mode. No idea why it's not available for Phantom.
2018-6-11
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

try flying a wider circle, it should take more time to complete the circle . Tripod just slows down the maximum speed you can attain with either Pitch and Roll but what matters here is the time a complete circle will take to be done, and that depends non only on Yaw but also on Pitch and Roll, so you have to calibrate the stick movements by trial and error, until you find the correct amount of sticks needed in a particular situation. What you want to achieve is a nose-in or "bank turn" so that the camera always is pointed to the object of the video. POI doesn't work because it is made for stationary objects, not moving ones. You will have to take this into account moving the drone in the direction the subject is moving,  This takes quite a lot of practice, and there is no automatic flight pattern that does it at present.  Active track might help, but there might be a problem of losing it if the subject's shape changes too much during the flight around it -A sailboat seen from a side looks quite different when seen from astern... As others have said, Practice, practice, practice...
2018-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules