Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal going crazy
4471 10 2018-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brendan Gallagher
New

United Kingdom

Hi all
I bought my Mavic Pro only a few weeks back

From day one, the gimbal randomly goes crazy as seen below. Some flights are not like this but it is more common than not.

Anyone know what this is?

2018-6-11
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Looks like you need to calibrate the Gimbal.  First make sure you are on latest firmware of the AC and RC.  Then Calibrate the IMU and then Gimbal and see if that fixes the issue.
2018-6-11
Use props
Brendan Gallagher
New

United Kingdom

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-11 14:06
Looks like you need to calibrate the Gimbal.  First make sure you are on latest firmware of the AC and RC.  Then Calibrate the IMU and then Gimbal and see if that fixes the issue.

Did that but maybe not properly, will try again.

Thanks
2018-6-11
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

Brendan Gallagher Posted at 2018-6-11 14:14
Did that but maybe not properly, will try again.

Thanks

If you have then best thing to do is to first install DJI Assistant on your PC/MAC then upgrade the firmware on the AC and the RC.  Then after that Calibrate the IMU/Gimbal/RC/VPS then in open field calibrate the Compass.  Give that all a go then try.
2018-6-11
Use props
Brendan Gallagher
New

United Kingdom

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-11 14:18
If you have then best thing to do is to first install DJI Assistant on your PC/MAC then upgrade the firmware on the AC and the RC.  Then after that Calibrate the IMU/Gimbal/RC/VPS then in open field calibrate the Compass.  Give that all a go then try.

Will do, thanks for that
2018-6-11
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

If you are already on the latest firmware then do a refresh on both the AC and RC.
2018-6-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Sorry if you have to experience this issue on your Mavic Pro like SparksBird mentioned try to re-calibrate the gimbal and in any case that the issue will persist, I would recommend downloading the DJI Assistant 2 then restore factory defaults and refresh the firmware in any case that you're running the latest firmware version. Kindly keep us posted for an update. Thank you.
2018-6-11
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Return to retailer as defective; unless you crashed/damaged it. Get a new one ASAP. hurry stop what you are doing now and return it. Save yourself a ton of time and hassle. You will thank me later. My Mavic Pro works great from day 1... never had the gimbal wig out that bad like yours in the video. Obvious the Mavic Pro you got is defective and slipped by DJI QA process. OK stop reading and go get a new one to fly while the retailer returns it to DJI and deals with it instead of you. This is a rare case so chances of getting another defect is very very slim. If you send it back to DJI for repair you will wait longer and get a possible "used" refirbished unit back in exchange. Nobody wants this to happen so go now... ;)
2018-6-11
Use props
Brendan Gallagher
New

United Kingdom

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-6-11 17:38
Return to retailer as defective; unless you crashed/damaged it. Get a new one ASAP. hurry stop what you are doing now and return it. Save yourself a ton of time and hassle. You will thank me later. My Mavic Pro works great from day 1... never had the gimbal wig out that bad like yours in the video. Obvious the Mavic Pro you got is defective and slipped by DJI QA process. OK stop reading and go get a new one to fly while the retailer returns it to DJI and deals with it instead of you. This is a rare case so chances of getting another defect is very very slim. If you send it back to DJI for repair you will wait longer and get a possible "used" refirbished unit back in exchange. Nobody wants this to happen so go now... ;)

It's new so I'll do the re-calibrate and take it from there.

Thanks
2018-6-12
Use props
Brendan Gallagher
New

United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-11 16:57
Sorry if you have to experience this issue on your Mavic Pro like SparksBird mentioned try to re-calibrate the gimbal and in any case that the issue will persist, I would recommend downloading the DJI Assistant 2 then restore factory defaults and refresh the firmware in any case that you're running the latest firmware version. Kindly keep us posted for an update. Thank you.

Thanks will do
2018-6-12
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Brendan Gallagher Posted at 2018-6-12 13:36
It's new so I'll do the re-calibrate and take it from there.

Thanks

OK.. I did my part; said my bit. Good luck.
2018-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules