Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Amazon Fire 5th Gen works with MP on DJI GO 4.2.20
1520 10 2018-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SparksBird
Captain
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

So I tried previously with 4.2.16 and my fire would connect to my MP, the MP would see it however the video was not usesable.  The video was so choppy and lagged well was dissapointing as I wanted to use a larger screen than my iPhone 6 plus.  

Along comes DJI GO 4.2.20.  Decided this evening to give it a shot just to see if was any better and sure enough smooth video.  Now I only tested inside and did not fly or anything but moved the AC around and the video looks good.  So this evening I am going to do some more testing where I normally fly and see how well it works.  However I do not have a mount so I will need to get one.  Will be interesting to see what mount I can get for it I assume one that works for an iPad should suffice but will do some research.  I will update once I do more testing.
2018-6-11
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
United States

Well just a quick amazon search and seems this would work with it.  Will get if my further testing yields good results which I am hoping.  If so this is a super cheap device alternative that is for sure.  https://www.amazon.com/SKYREAT-P ... rds=mavic+pro+mount
2018-6-11
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Captain
Flight distance : 1218379 ft
United States

Awesome.  I have a new Kindle Fire.  I'll have to check it out!  How did you download the DJI Go app on the Fire?
2018-6-11
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
United States

Lobstah Mobstah Posted at 2018-6-11 17:23
Awesome.  I have a new Kindle Fire.  I'll have to check it out!  How did you download the DJI Go app on the Fire?

You have to install Google play store.  In order to do that I installed SuperTool.  At that point you then install google play store as if an android device.  Here is a link on and the tools to do this.  I used method #2.  https://lifehacker.com/how-to-ge ... tall-any-1790706649
2018-6-11
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13395489 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-11 17:49
You have to install Google play store.  In order to do that I installed SuperTool.  At that point you then install google play store as if an android device.  Here is a link on and the tools to do this.  I used method #2.  https://lifehacker.com/how-to-get-google-play-on-a-kindle-fire-and-install-any-1790706649

What are the specs for it Sparks,
2018-6-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

I am sorry for the inconvenience that you are having issues with your Amazon Fire 5th Gen to your Mavic Pro. The reason why you are having issues with the mobile device is due to compatibility. I tried to check the Mavic Pro's compatibility list and found out that the Amazon Fire 5th Gen is not yet included on the list. Let me post the list of the recommended mobile device for the Mavic Pro.

Rest assured I will send this issue to our DJI engineers for a further update on our compatibility development. Thank you.
2018-6-12
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Captain
Flight distance : 1218379 ft

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-12 04:56
I am sorry for the inconvenience that you are having issues with your Amazon Fire 5th Gen to your Mavic Pro. The reason why you are having issues with the mobile device is due to compatibility. I tried to check the Mavic Pro's compatibility list and found out that the Amazon Fire 5th Gen is not yet included on the list. Let me post the list of the recommended mobile device for the Mavic Pro.

[view_image]

He was saying that he tried it before and it didn't work but it works now.
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Lobstah Mobstah Posted at 2018-6-12 05:02
He was saying that he tried it before and it didn't work but it works now.

Thank you for that information. For non recommended mobile devices sometimes it will work and sometimes it won't work. If in case the non recommended mobile device works some of the functions of the DJI Go application or the drone itself might not work properly.
2018-6-12
Use props
MavicAndy
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I have got a 7th Gen Kindle Fire HD8 and have noticed that that also seems to work OK.

So far though I have only done the same tests ie connect it up and check the video feed inside. Im a bit reluctant to do a test flight ha.
2018-6-12
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
United States

MavicAndy Posted at 2018-6-12 05:22
I have got a 7th Gen Kindle Fire HD8 and have noticed that that also seems to work OK.

So far though I have only done the same tests ie connect it up and check the video feed inside. Im a bit reluctant to do a test flight ha.

So I tried it yesterday.  So like I said with the motors off it works fine, can move it around and the feed looks good.  So I took it out to the field yesterday and as soon as the motors get turned on the video feed gets very choppy, not as bad as before but still bad so yeah not usable.  I figure the hardware is just not enough to handle the load especially once everything is running.  I guess I cannot complain for a $40 device lol.   

I wonder though if your 7th Gen would have enough hardware being it is a newer model.  Let me know if you ever test this as I would be very curious.  
2018-6-12
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-12 05:18
Thank you for that information. For non recommended mobile devices sometimes it will work and sometimes it won't work. If in case the non recommended mobile device works some of the functions of the DJI Go application or the drone itself might not work properly.

Hi DJI Stephen I am aware of this.  This was just more for testing to see how well it would work.  I am fully aware it is not a compatible device.  
2018-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules