RESOLUTION BUG AFTER NEW FIRMWARE UPDATE?
1296 9 2018-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rotor Aerial Cinematography
lvl.2

Hi All.

After returning from a shoot and checking my footage it appears that half way through my shoot the video resolution changed from 3840 x 2160 to 4096 x 2160 at the same time the SSD stopped recording completely.

Has anyone experienced this or similar problems since upgrading to the latest firware?

This is very strange as i can say with confidence that I never changed the resolution setting recording to the ds card or the ssd.

This could cause professional users some major headaches if there is an issue here.
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello. We apologize if you're having some issues with your Inspire. Can you provide some sample footage or videos showing the problem?
2018-6-12
Use props
lvl.2

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-12 01:27
Hello. We apologize if you're having some issues with your Inspire. Can you provide some sample footage or videos showing the problem?

Sample footage wouldnt really help in this situation. it appears that after a battery change all the camera settings reverted back to factory settings, including switch from pal to ntsc......

A number of other ispire 2 users are experiencing the exact same problem with the drone not saving the camera settings.

As i said on my previous post this is extremely problematic for pro users.
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Rotor Aerial Cinematography Posted at 2018-6-12 01:34
Sample footage wouldnt really help in this situation. it appears that after a battery change all the camera settings reverted back to factory settings, including switch from pal to ntsc......

A number of other ispire 2 users are experiencing the exact same problem with the drone not saving the camera settings.

I understand. We will raise this concern to our engineers to check what we can do for this concern. We will keep you updated. Your patience will be much appreciated.
2018-6-13
Use props
Barry Goyette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14928 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rotor Aerial Cinematography Posted at 2018-6-12 01:34

Unfortunately, this has been a sporadic problem from the beginning, and most of us simply add "camera settings" to our preflight check, including after each battery swap. That said...this should be one of the easiest fixes, yet somehow it's eluded DJI engineering...
2018-6-13
Use props
lvl.2

Yeah I do always (normally) double check before taking off to make sure everything is right but I was on a news shoot and was on staff waiting for a protest to come past me so in the heat of the moment I forgot to check. Surely as you said this is an easy fix for dji so why has nothing been done about it.
2018-6-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Rotor Aerial Cinematography Posted at 2018-6-13 09:22
Yeah I do always (normally) double check before taking off to make sure everything is right but I was on a news shoot and was on staff waiting for a protest to come past me so in the heat of the moment I forgot to check. Surely as you said this is an easy fix for dji so why has nothing been done about it.

Just to verify, does the issue happen when you reboot the aircraft, replace the battery or restart the APP?
2018-6-13
Use props
figure1a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 622103 ft
United States

Seems like this has always been a DJI problem. Many camera settings and other aircraft settings get changed during a firmware update, fresh power up, battery swap, etc. DJI should make a setting where you can save your settings offline to your iPad or dropbox and then reimport them after you do a firmware update, etc.
2018-6-14
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

figure1a Posted at 2018-6-14 19:21
Seems like this has always been a DJI problem. Many camera settings and other aircraft settings get changed during a firmware update, fresh power up, battery swap, etc. DJI should make a setting where you can save your settings offline to your iPad or dropbox and then reimport them after you do a firmware update, etc.

I think the app should let you backup your settings, and also sync those with icloud so if you fly with different devices you can still ensure you have ability to keep settings exactly like you want them.

This is an area that DJI completely ignores.  Firmware should not wipe settings.  At least if the update process would read, save then restore while doing an update that would enough.

Either way, they should focus on this more then they have done.
2018-6-15
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

DJI Should really look into and build a fix for this.  it should be an easy fix, quick and very meaningfull to us users.
2018-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules