Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air and DJI Go 4 App - no return to Remote control
2993 20 2018-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gross Meister
lvl.1

Germany

Hey everyone,

I'm having trouble enabling the Return to Remote Controller - function on my DJI Mavic Air.

It keeps telling me, that the phone's GPS reception is bad, even when I'm under free sky and all other apps (like Google Maps, Apple Maps etc.) get a GPS-fix in 'zero' seconds.

I've updated the Remote controller, the Mavic Air and the phone and the App itself. No changes!

What is wrong here??

2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience. May I know what mobile device you are using? Did you try to update the firmware and restore the factory defaults using DJI Assistant 2?
2018-6-12
Use props
Gross Meister
lvl.1

Germany

I'm using an Apple iPhone 8 64GB.

I updated the drone with the DJI Go 4 App as per the instructions. All other functions are working fine, except the "Return to Remote Control"...
2018-6-12
Use props
Gross Meister
lvl.1

No news on that? It is still not working! Very poor support here! And very poor product, basic functions not working on a 1000$ drone????
2018-6-17
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

I don't know IOS in detail, but in Android software you may choose yourself which apps can use the location services. I would really be surprised if Apple didn't have these 'per app' settings. Might be worth looking into further.
2018-6-17
Use props
Gross Meister
lvl.1

I sure set the DJI Go App to be able to access the location. It doesn't matter if I change it to "when using the app" or "always"...same problem...
2018-6-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Gross Meister Posted at 2018-6-17 10:20
No news on that? It is still not working! Very poor support here! And very poor product, basic functions not working on a 1000$ drone????

Just to clarify, may I know if this error message occurs in the application itself? If yes, would it be possible if we can upload a screenshot of the issue? I would recommend as well to use a different mobile device for us to isolate the problem.
2018-6-17
Use props
Gross Meister
lvl.1

Yes, in the application itself. As soon as I want to set it to return to the location of the remote controller instead of the recorded home position, it appears the "message" on the left side of the screen with a yellow text saying that this option is not available because the device's GPS is too weak.
I will upload a screenshot
2018-6-17
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Another wildshot, Android however, but I found this in the DJI App's privacy settings;

Screenshot_20180617-215321.jpg

2018-6-17
Use props
Gross Meister
lvl.1

Germany

I just re-checked it (there might be an iOS bug that "resets" the settings), but the DJI Go app has ALL permissions possible. Including access to the mobile network, pictures (reading and writing) and of course the location...
2018-6-18
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

I don't think the GPS on your phone means much.  I use Android but I often fly with GPS (on my phone) turned off.  RTH works just fine.  The GPS on your phone probably just makes your map view work correctly but shouldn't affect how your drone flies.  It has its own GPS and will record your home position using that.
2018-6-19
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

RTH use GPS location on drone not the mobile device. I have no problem to use iPhone 8 with DJI Go. You can just select the home point base on aircraft not controller. The mobile location is less accurate than the aircraft.
2018-6-19
Use props
Gross Meister
lvl.1

Germany

Guys, please read it carefully!

"RTH" works fine, but "Return to Remote Control" is a different feature! Don't mix it up!
2018-6-21
Use props
Gross Meister
lvl.1

Here is the screenshot.

Today I tested further and connected my iPad Mini. At one point I was able to record the Remote control‘s homepoint. But that wasn‘t repeatable. The next moment the same error message appeared again.

I‘m really unhappy about this...

Why is it working on other phones but not mine?
Can this be an issue with the cable? Where could I get a replacement?
2018-6-22
Use props
bflatman
New

Same problem with Mavic Pro on iPhone 7.    Return to "Remote Control"   claims Device GPS is weak.   Return to Home works perfectly.   DJi what is the remedy here please.   Thank-you.

2018-6-23
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

bflatman Posted at 2018-6-23 15:54
Same problem with Mavic Pro on iPhone 7.    Return to "Remote Control"   claims Device GPS is weak.   Return to Home works perfectly.   DJi what is the remedy here please.   Thank-you.

I don't knov Apple devices but on Android you get this message if you let the system use something else (more) than GPS and Glonass. If the device has some sort of GSM or WiFi location turned on it won't work.
2018-6-23
Use props
Jeff7577
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1916821 ft

It is something with the accuracy of gps on Apple devices. If you download a gps info app from the store you will see the accuracy in feet/meters is not very good. Like hundreds of feet instead of 10.
2018-6-23
Use props
fans12a147eb
New
Flight distance : 152776 ft
Austria

Same here with Mavic Air and iPhone X
2018-7-19
Use props
Gross Meister
lvl.1

Germany

OK, I found the "problem": once I connect on the lower USB-port with an original Apple Lightning-to-USB cable, it works totally fine and returns to the Remote Control's position.
But once I use the "integrated" cable provided by DJI with the remote control, it doesn't work.
I found out that when I use my iPad with the "longer" original Apple cable, it was working fine, even though both devices (iPhone and iPad) showed the same GPS-accuracy in an App for testing GPS.
But it would only return to Remote Control with the iPad. So the only difference was the cable used.
Maybe the cable is broken? Or doesn't meet Apple's standards? I have no clue...
2018-7-19
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

i'd recommend you to only use the original apple cable. there is even a shorter one. thats what i use for years now (had problems with the connection dropping out between remote and iphone on the mavic pro).
2018-7-19
Use props
fans12a147eb
New
Flight distance : 152776 ft
Austria

Same here with Mavic Aur and IPhone X
2018-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules